Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Transfers Thread

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Yeah I heard. I don't want him. Typically the kind of guy that would get caught up in the nightlife IMO.

I also heard we were in the Itanje discussions. Now that I think about it, you guys can have him.
    Yeah thanks but no thanks. I hear we're talking with Thomas Sorensen, Morgan De Sanctis and Guillermo Ochoa. Personnally I don't believe for a second that we'll be able to buy Ochoa but I'll be happy with any of those 3.

Jets Insider VIP
    Freddie Adu signed with Monaco.

I admit I've never seen him play. Monaco was very dissapointing last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Heard about the bombs in Istanbul. Hope your friends and family are OK Turk.

Veteran
    Heard about the bombs in Istanbul. Hope your friends and family are OK Turk.
    Thanks a lot mate we're fine.

They went off in a lower middle class neighbordhood about half-hour cab ride away from where I live, which is close by Istanbul standards.

Although this was a big one, unfortunatly living in a volatile country like ours with separatist terrorists, religious fundamentalist terrorists, a very volatile nationalist movement and neighbors like Iran, Iraq, Syria etc. you come to expect things like this. I actually work literally across the street from the HSBC building that was bombed in 2003, but eh what can you do...

Bombs? If it got any play in the US press, I didn't hear it.

What was it, a terrorist attack?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Bombs? If it got any play in the US press, I didn't hear it.

What was it, a terrorist attack?
    It was a terrorist attack but I'm not sure which terrorists.

The governor said that it was PKK (The Kurdish seperatists) but they in turn claimed today that they weren't involved. They do make the most sense to me, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was the religious nutjobs or the nationalist nutjobs.

Here are the links from the times and guardian (uk)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/28/wo...se&oref=slogin

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/27/turkey

One of the deceased was a coach in Galatasaray's regional football schools.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    It was a terrorist attack but I'm not sure which terrorists.

The governor said that it was PKK (The Kurdish seperatists) but they in turn claimed today that they weren't involved. They do make the most sense to me, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was the religious nutjobs or the nationalist nutjobs.

Here are the links from the times and guardian (uk)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/28/wo...se&oref=slogin

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/27/turkey

One of the deceased was a coach in Galatasaray's regional football schools.

Wow. I'm glad to hear you're alright.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Wow. I'm glad to hear you're alright.
    Thanks mate

Jets Insider VIP
    Robby Keane signed with Liverpool.

Veteran
    Marca says that we've signed De Sanctis. I'll be giddy if this transfer goes thru, his career says that he'll be one of the best goalies who came to Turkey. And as far as I know he'll be our first Italian.

SEVILLA
    Manolo Jiménez
    Altas
    Squillaci (Lyon), Romaric (Le Mans); Acosta (Lanús); Fernando Navarro (Mallorca); Konko (Genova); Cobeño* (Almería)

Bajas
    De Sanctis (Galatasaray), Martí (Sevilla), Casado (Recreativo)*, Poulsen (Juventus), Dani Alves y Keita (Barcelona); Boulharouz (Chelsea)

Veteran
    It was just confirmed by bot Sevilla's and our official web sites, we've signed Morgan De Sanctis

Per Sky Sports today:
    Queens Park Rangers have pulled of a major coup after sealing a deal for Spanish starlet Dani Parejo.

I will believe it when I see it.

Queens Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Latvian international defender Kaspars Gorkss.

The 26 year-old has put pen to paper on a three year deal, after the R's agreed an undisclosed fee with Blackpool for his services.

Rangers beat off stiff competition from a host of Championship Clubs for the defender's signature, to the delight of First Team Coach Iain Dowie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Van der Vaart has signed with Real Madrid.
    Sneijder (Real Madrid) is out for 3 months with an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Shoes View Post
    Per Sky Sports today:
    Queens Park Rangers have pulled of a major coup after sealing a deal for Spanish starlet Dani Parejo.

I will believe it when I see it.
    I now believe. He will be wearing number 7.

Jets Insider VIP
    Van Nistelrooy retires from international play

Van Nistelrooy retires from Dutch nat'l team

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) -- Netherlands striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has retired from international football.

Van Nistelrooy, 32, informed coach Bert van Marwijk that he wanted to concentrate fully on his role at Real Madrid.

"Given the physical effort you need to perform at this level, I had to make a choice,'' he said in a statement released by the Netherlands' Royal Soccer Association on Monday.

"The combination of Real Madrid's competition, cup and Champions League games on the one hand and the Netherlands team on the other, would be too heavy a burden for me.''

He said he had weighed the decision carefully. Van Nistelrooy made his first appearance for the Netherlands in 1998 at age 22 and went on to play in 64 games, scoring 33 goals.

Van Marwijk, who replaced Marco van Basten as Dutch coach after the European Championship, said he "regretted'' Van Nistelrooy's decision but respected it.

Van Nistelrooy said he was leaving with a good feeling after the tournament, in which the Netherlands beat the reigning World Cup champion Italy and the runner-up France easily in the first round before bowing out to Russia in the quarterfinals.

Veteran
    RD,

Turkish press says you loaned Kezman for a season with an option to buy, that's not a bad deal if it works out fine if not toss him back to the sewer you found him in...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    RD,

Turkish press says you loaned Kezman for a season with an option to buy, that's not a bad deal if it works out fine if not toss him back to the sewer you found him in...
    The 'option' is activated if we stay in L1.....talk about high standards.
    After which he's PSG through 2011.

We'll see. He's played at a higher level than guys we used to bring in, so why not.

We need a central defender, then we're all good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Had to do it

Veteran
    Had to do it

I was thinking of doing the same thing, I actually did it in the transfers thread on our Galatasaray forum

Of course only 3 people knew WTF I was posting about and WTF Favre was