Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2008 Transfers Thread

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    20 bucks says he comes back after 2 years of benchwarming
    I hadn't even heard of him before reading his transfer so I don't think I'll take that bet

Jets Insider VIP
    Robinho to Chelsea almost finalized

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

lol at Man City today. Their new owner is unbelievable. I doubt they actually sign anybody today though.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    lol at Man City today. Their new owner is unbelievable. I doubt they actually sign anybody today though.
    Never mind apparently Robinho to City is pretty close to happening.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Never mind apparently Robinho to City is pretty close to happening.
    It's done and I'm talking to myself.

The City thing is insanity. Apparently the company behind the deal is worth hundreds of billions of dollars - close to a trillion dollars actually.

At one stage they were in for Berbatov, David Villa, Mario Gomez and Robinho. Serious bids with 10s of millions of pounds on the table for each player.

TBH I wouldn't like to be in Mark Hughes shoes right now - results or face the sack very quickly.

Veteran
    I liked that city signed Robinho and left Chelsea with egg on their collective faces for this:

I wonder who was the idiot that thought it would be ok to sell Robinho's jersey before signing him Maybe we'll see some Robinho chelsea shirts when city goes to London

And appearantly Berbatov cost ManU 37.5 mio € who do you think will end up on the bench Tevez or Rooney, assuming Sir Alex wasn't drunk and paid that money for a backup.
    Last edited by The Turk; 09-02-2008 at 02:26 AM.

Veteran
    To fill Berbatov's place Tottenham have signed Roman Pavlyuchenko of Russia who made quite an impression at the Euros and Vedran Corluka of Croatia from Man City at right back. They'll also be getting Frazier Cambell from the mancs on a season long loan.

I really the Pavlyuchenko and Corluka signings, Tottenham have made a nightmare start to the league but I think they've made very smart moves in the transfer market I think they may get into a CL spot this season.

Veteran
    RD, you might like to read this

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/20...rove_that.html

Le Guen sets out to prove that survival is a marathon, not a sprint

The manager, the chairman and the evergreen Claude Makélélé all deserve credit for the revival in PSG's fortunes

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    RD, you might like to read this

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/20...rove_that.html

Le Guen sets out to prove that survival is a marathon, not a sprint

The manager, the chairman and the evergreen Claude Makélélé all deserve credit for the revival in PSG's fortunes
    Thanks. There is definitely a different vibe this year.

The article is spot on:
    - Makalele and Giuly were excellent decisions. Seasoned vets with gas still in the tank.
    - One guy you’ll be hearing about Stéphane Sessegnon. A beast. Reminds me a lot of Mickael Essien.
    - As for Le Guen, I like him as a coach, and I’m glad he wasn’t sacked. Like the article suggested I wouldn’t give him all the credit for what’s happening. A lot of it is players getting their **** together and taking responsibility on the field (see Makelele/Giuly).

Top 10 finish is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I liked that city signed Robinho and left Chelsea with egg on their collective faces for this:

I wonder who was the idiot that thought it would be ok to sell Robinho's jersey before signing him Maybe we'll see some Robinho chelsea shirts when city goes to London

And appearantly Berbatov cost ManU 37.5 mio € who do you think will end up on the bench Tevez or Rooney, assuming Sir Alex wasn't drunk and paid that money for a backup.
    Thing I like about the Robinho move is that for years Manure have been claiming they are the biggest club in the world and now they aren't even the biggest club in Manchester.

Jets Insider VIP
    1 Lyon
    2 Marseille
    3 Paris-SG