Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCain Does Not/Cannot Use the Internet?

McCain Does Not/Cannot Use the Internet?

I heard this (on Conservative Local Radio) this morning, as if it were a recently announced by McCain news item. But I didn't see anything on CNN or FOX on it when I looked (who knows, maybe I cannot use the internet either!).

If the radio report is true, that McCain does not use E-mail, and has no knowledge of how to access or use the Internet, what do you think about that?

this has been known for a while... but what else to expect from a man who would be the oldest President ever?

I don't have anything against older Americans but there are certain things they shouldn't be allowed to do... drive cars for example... it's a matter of public safety.

Hall Of Fame
    yeah it's definitely 100% true

and I think it just reinforces the "too old" stereotype like Bit

[QUOTE=Warfish;2626350]I heard this (on Conservative Local Radio) this morning, as if it were a recently announced by McCain news item. But I didn't see anything on CNN or FOX on it when I looked (who knows, maybe I cannot use the internet either!).

If the radio report is true, that McCain does not use E-mail, and has no knowledge of how to access or use the Internet, what do you think about that?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a terribly big deal.

I do find it somewhat amusing that a guy married to an unspeakably wealthy heiress who can't use a computer spends so much time trying to paint his opponent as out of touch with normal folks. But beyond my amusement I dodn't think it really matters.

All Pro
    Because Mr. Ozone invented it.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2626424]I don't think it's a terribly big deal.

I do find it somewhat amusing that a guy married to an unspeakably wealthy heiress who can't use a computer spends so much time trying to paint his opponent as out of touch with normal folks. But beyond my amusement I dodn't think it really matters.[/QUOTE]

I do think it's a big deal, actually.

It paints him as STUNNINGLY old and out of touch.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2626424]I don't think it's a terribly big deal.

I do find it somewhat amusing that a guy married to an unspeakably wealthy heiress who can't use a computer spends so much time trying to paint his opponent as out of touch with normal folks. But beyond my amusement I dodn't think it really matters.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, the only other adult that I know that dosen't know how to use e-mail/interweb is a friend of my girlfriend, who can't stop shoveling coke up her nose and booze down her throat and who just got suspended from Starbucks for getting drunk onshift and taking off her shirt and playing with her nipples (not that there's anything wrong with that - at all).

Not saying the Crypt Keeper engages in these same activities. Still, having this comparison in mind will not improve my opinion of him as a candidate. Also, how the hell does a US SENATOR not know how to e-mail/use the web?
    Scary.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2626356]

I don't have anything against older Americans but there are certain things they shouldn't be allowed to do... drive cars for example... it's a matter of public safety.[/QUOTE]

.....or eat without wearing a bib.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;2626534]Hmm, the only other adult that I know that dosen't know how to use e-mail/interweb is a friend of my girlfriend, who can't stop shoveling coke up her nose and booze down her throat and who just got suspended from Starbucks for getting drunk onshift and taking off her shirt and playing with her nipples (not that there's anything wrong with that - at all).

Not saying the Crypt Keeper engages in these same activities. Still, having this comparison in mind will not improve my opinion of him as a candidate. Also, how the hell does a US SENATOR not know how to e-mail/use the web?
    Scary.[/QUOTE]

It's probably easier for a Senator or powerful person like that to avoid the internet. His e-mail are probably printed out for him by an assistant. And he probably has little time to surf the web or whatnot.

This will certainly help change his "old fart" image. ;)

[QUOTE=Warfish;2626428]I do think it's a big deal, actually.

It paints him as STUNNINGLY old and out of touch.[/QUOTE]

Really?

I mean, he's in his 70s, and he's CONSTANTLY traveling throughout the US and abroad. He probably barely has time to get up 4 times in the middle of the night to take a leak (;)) than he does to sit down for an hour and figure out how to boot up IE.

I don't think sending email is an important prerequisite for being President. He's really the last politician of that generation anyway, so it's not something we'll see ever again.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;2626534] Also, how the hell does a US SENATOR not know how to e-mail/use the web?
    Scary.[/QUOTE]
    It's really not that surprising.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2626593]Really?

I don't think sending email is an important prerequisite for being President. He's really the last politician of that generation anyway, so it's not something we'll see ever again.[/QUOTE]

It actually would be interesting to find out what the other ancient senator types do or don't do with the internet. I'd like to know how plugged in guys like Ted Kennedy, Robert Byrd and John Warner are, compared to McCain.

It would be interesting if he is significantly different than those guys in terms of his personal tech usage.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2626582]It's probably easier for a Senator or powerful person like that to avoid the internet. His e-mail are probably printed out for him by an assistant. And he probably has little time to surf the web or whatnot.[/QUOTE]

I see you points. Still, it shows laziness and total lack of initiative. I mean, we're not talking about your typical 71 year old retiree here. My grandmother, who passed in 2001, was extremlely interested in leanring this stuff. You'd think a US senator would be very inclined to make use of this "new" technology. Do you and Sackdance suppose that he's NOT the only senator or congressman that is in this boat?

Hall Of Fame
    There is help yet for McCain:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Jbw2-f8IQ[/url]

He should start carring around a Blackberry and wearing one of those dorky Star Trek "hands free" headsets.

Or, maybe he should start wearing a Mac t-shirt. That's another 3% of voters right there.

Or, maybe he should REALLY point out how old he is and start saying he once used the Mosaic browser.

Veteran
    The way I heard it wasn't specifically the internet he can't use, but computers in general. He is definitely and completely out of touch, imo, which is one of the reasons I won't be voting for him.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R9wnMVZE_Q"]YOU TUBE[/URL]

All Pro
    And he hasn't campaigned in all 57 states yet either...