Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arod

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Arod

Arod is a punk for not participating in the HR derby. And the only baseball fans in this world that would defend him on this would be Yankee fans.

A HR derby in Yankee stadium without a single Yankee in it is a disgrace. Especially this being the last year in the old park. Arod is a puss for not accepting. Hes scared of losing or scared of what the papers would say if he lost.

Punk beatch Arod is.

Arod will eventually be the HR king. This is the 1st and last Derby in Yankee stadium and for him not to be in it is a crime.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Arod is a punk for not participating in the HR derby. And the only baseball fans in this world that would defend him on this would be Yankee fans.

A HR derby in Yankee stadium without a single Yankee in it is a disgrace. Especially this being the last year in the old park. Arod is a puss for not accepting. Hes scared of losing or scared of what the papers would say if he lost.

Punk beatch Arod is.

Arod will eventually be the HR king. This is the 1st and last Derby in Yankee stadium and for him not to be in it is a crime.
    I'll bite.

Who cares.

Talk to Mets fans what happened to David Wright's swing after the Pitt All Star game.

There could be worse things for baseball than Arod not participating in the Derby.

What about Captain Clutch Jeter, how come he gets a free pass?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Punk beatch Arod is.

Glad he's not doing it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by METER View Post

What about Captain Clutch Jeter, how come he gets a free pass?
    Its for homerun hitters. And we are talking about Arod, mr. homerun, future HR king..

This is the house that Ruth built, its Yankee stadium, its Arods home and the last year in this legendary park.

Arod should be in this derby and its a crime he's not.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Glad he's not doing it.
    Why because it messes up swings?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why because it messes up swings?
    Yeah, just ask his teammate Bobby Abreu

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, just ask his teammate Bobby Abreu
    Thats a bunch of crap and you know it. Abreu has never been a legit homerun hitter. He happened to be having an insane 1st half and just came back to earth..

The last time A-Rod took part in a Home Run Derby was 2002. Want to know how far he set his swing back that year? He damaged it so bad he hit four homers in the first four games after the break.

Like I said, only Yankee fans would defend him not participating. The rest of the baseball world would have loved to seen Arod in at home in his own park..
    Last edited by LockeJET; 07-14-2008 at 03:17 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    But how is it bad for baseball?

I just think it's way too easy to bag on Arod. He annoys me at times, but that dude gets roasted even when he does the right thing (whatever it may be).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a bunch of crap and you know it. Abreu has never been a legit homerun hitter. He happened to be having an insane 1st half and just came back to earth..

The last time A-Rod took part in a Home Run Derby was 2002. Want to know how far he set his swing back that year? He damaged it so bad he hit four homers in the first four games after the break.

Like I said, only Yankee fans would defend him not participating. The rest of the baseball world would have loved to seen Arod in at home in his own park..
    Well, I hope you don't lose any sleep over this, I know I won't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously? People hate ARod.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by METER View Post
    But how is it bad for baseball?

I just think it's way too easy to bag on Arod. He annoys me at times, but that dude gets roasted even when he does the right thing (whatever it may be).
    Its not bad for baseball, its just a puss move by him.. Its a crime hes not doing it.. They begged him to be the centerpeice of this derby and like a wuss he said no..

Its typical of Arod do decline this.. Hes just that way, I know him personally and hes a punk and has always been.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Seriously? People hate ARod.
    Yes, they would want to see him lose in his home..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread sucks. A-Rod can never do anything right for some people.

Dump.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Because the rest of the world can get their rocks off for one game to watch him hit homeruns Yankee fans need to watch him every game and I'd rather see him hit doubles in clutch situation then swing for the fences, that was his problem the first couple of years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they would want to see him lose in his home..
    Oh, so he should so it so people can get off on rooting against him? Yeah, a real crime that he isn't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not bad for baseball, its just a puss move by him.. Its a crime hes not doing it.. They begged him to be the centerpeice of this derby and like a wuss he said no..

Its typical of Arod do decline this.. Hes just that way, I know him personally and hes a punk and has always been.

If you know him and he's a punk, that's a different story. I just don't see it as a big deal. I think the HomeRun derby lost it's luster after the steriod era and to tell you the truth, it's quite boring anyway.

Arod being a punk vs not participating in this seems like 2 different issues.

But if that's how you feel so be it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread sucks. A-Rod can never do anything right for some people.

Dump.
    I never trash on Arod.. Never have.

But that you can defend him for not being in this particular derby is typical. Only Yankee fans would. Esepcially given the circumstances.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you actually spent enough time fretting about this to start a thread, you must have a great, problem-free life. Good for you, now switch to decaf.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A-Rod is such a punk, he only flew out a young boy with terminal cancer from PA to meet him at his NYC apartment and bring him to the stadium to see a Yankee game. Such a punk...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never trash on Arod.. Never have.

But that you can defend him for not being in this particular derby is typical. Only Yankee fans would. Esepcially given the circumstances.
    What else do you expect? It's not like we're supporting his stance on global terrorism.