Thread: US Marines in gun battle with Taliban

US Marines in gun battle with Taliban

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlNAyNj6_Jo&feature=related[/url]

Afghanistan, where the REAL WAR is now taking fold. The Taliban is an extremely formidable opponent.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2628281]Afghanistan, where the REAL WAR is now taking fold. The Taliban is an extremely formidable opponent.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious.

How do your fellow servicemen react when you tell them that their service in Iraq was not a "real war"?

Do they agree? What do they call it then, if not "fighting a War"? Do they make light of their time in Iraq, or do they take it as seriously and defensively as you take your time in Cuba, for example?

What do you call what our millitary is doing in Iraq, if not War?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2628476]I'm curious.

How do your fellow servicemen react when you tell them that their service in Iraq was not a "real war"?

Do they agree? What do they call it then, if not "fighting a War"? Do they make light of their time in Iraq, or do they take it as seriously and defensively as you take your time in Cuba, for example?

What do you call what our millitary is doing in Iraq, if not War?[/QUOTE]

Occupying?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2628476]I'm curious.

What do you call what our millitary is doing in Iraq, if not War?[/QUOTE]

"Real War' as in Real war on terror. You have the wrong context of things here.

How about focusing on the difficult situation there and that the Taliban is a very difficult and capable combatant.