Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Mets Fans.. Buy or Sell??

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917

    Mets Fans.. Buy or Sell??

    What do our Mets fans feel we should do with the deadline approaching.. Should we stick to our guns.. Try to go after a star like Holliday while trading away the little prospects we have?

    IMO we cant trade the on prospects we have system away. The word is that F-mart might be with the club next month anyway. I think we would be best off sitting with what we have for now unless Nady or Bay will come cheaply and i highly dought that

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Definitely not sell, we are a half game out

    But i dont want to be big buyers either. By no means do I want to give up what it would take to get a Matt Holiday, Jason Bay, or Xavier Nady.

    However if we could get Ibanez, Dunn, or Kearns without giving up FMart or Niese, I would be down for that.

    So in summary, i think the Mets should try to make a little ripple, not a huge splash.

  3. #3
    bring up F mart and stick with the hot hand in left field and even second, The sox had rookies contribute to a WS why cant the Mets?










    or get a decent OF without giving up the big names and go with him.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Definitely not sell, we are a half game out

    But i dont want to be big buyers either. By no means do I want to give up what it would take to get a Matt Holiday, Jason Bay, or Xavier Nady.

    However if we could get Ibanez, Dunn, or Kearns without giving up FMart or Niese, I would be down for that.

    So in summary, i think the Mets should try to make a little ripple, not a huge splash.
    I agree completely.

    And as Tony Danza pointed out, there are plenty of teams that won World Series with youngsters in the line-up.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    I agree theres no way we can sell at this point. Right now the mets have an ok farm system with one A prospect and a handful of B's. So right now i have no problem sitting with the idea that next year where going to get comp picks for Pedro, Perez, and Delgado. Can anyone tell me if Wagner is a FA after this year?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    I agree theres no way we can sell at this point. Right now the mets have an ok farm system with one A prospect and a handful of B's. So right now i have no problem sitting with the idea that next year where going to get comp picks for Pedro, Perez, and Delgado. Can anyone tell me if Wagner is a FA after this year?
    i believe after next year but he might have an option for 2010.

  7. #7
    Don't trade Fernando, Flores or Niese.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    bring up F mart and stick with the hot hand in left field and even second, The sox had rookies contribute to a WS why cant the Mets?
    FMart is only 19 and isn't exactly tearing up AA. He's not ready yet.

  9. #9
    sell...no way,

    buy only if the deal is right. nothing stupid like the kazmir for zambrano tragedy

  10. #10
    I'd be shocked if FMart is ready enough, right now, to really contribute.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    FMart is only 19 and isn't exactly tearing up AA. He's not ready yet.
    Minaya recently stated they might bring him up very soon, this isnt my own pipe dream.


    lets find out if hes ready.

  12. #12
    I think sending up Martinez this season would be a grave grave mistake.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Don't trade Fernando, Flores or Niese.
    Agreed, maybe add Parnell to that list, too.

    No way, I want F-Mart up here. If he struggles, which he most likely will the fans will get on him. Keep him in the Minors for now.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,565
    How could the Mets possibly sell? After the big trade and money you threw at Santana, this is a "win now" team. And in that division, you don't even have to be that good to win it.

    Besides, what veterans on this team do the Mets have that they would trade that another team would actually want?

    Mets might be minor buyers. I don't expect a huge move, maybe just a bit here or there.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,643
    Sell...yeah...sell Castillo. Maybe we can get some gold lame thongs for him.

  16. #16
    Buy, but buying on that second tier. The Casey Blake (My boy!) type of addition.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I think sending up Martinez this season would be a grave grave mistake.
    I never belived this. The best way to improve is to play better competition. If he's good enough he'll stick, if not there will be more opportunities next year.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I never belived this. The best way to improve is to play better competition. If he's good enough he'll stick, if not there will be more opportunities next year.
    It's not like he's mastered AA, though he is doing well for his age. I dunno, I like keeping a player at a level the whole season, unless it's clear he doesn't belong.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-17-2008 at 12:30 AM.

  19. #19
    Im also okay with a little of both, selling pieces in order to buy other pieces.

    Meaning I have no problem with an Aaron Heilman for a Bat swap, for example, if you can find the right partner for such a deal (Marcus Thames?). I don't think we would lose much if we promoted Kunz to fill his spot.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It's not like he's mastered AA, though he is doing well for his age. I dunno, I like keeping a player at a level the whole season, unless it's clear he doesn't belong.
    i can see doin it your way ( its probably the way i perfer too, let em build confidence) but there were a couple allstars that didnt master AA

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us