3 3.49%
  • lower middle class - republican

2 2.33%
  • lower middle class - democrat

8 9.30%
  • non tax payer, off the books worker, illegal worker

2 2.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What geopolitical group are you in? (take survey)

What geopolitical group are you in? (take survey)

I think we need to set some sort of foundation here in order to discuss politics.

If this board has a "majority" I'd like to know what it is.

Thanks for taking the poll!

EDIT: Oops, my bad. Next time I won't post before the poll shows up.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 07-16-2008 at 01:02 PM.

I voted "Middle Class - Independant".

I know some folks get all bug-eyed when they hear the words "Warfish" and "Independant" in the same thread, but the fact is well established. In all of my voting life, I have not, as yet, ever voted for a Republican or a Democrat.

The trouble with this thread, and these types of polls especially with anonymous voting, is that we have people here who are, put simply, dishonest about what they are. People who make a ton of money, who post all the live long day echoing Democrat Party talking points to the letter, never break ranks, and who (if they were being honest) would tell you they vote Democrat.......and they vote "Lower Class - Republican".

Hell, as mentioned above, a number of folks would say the same about me and my vote. Kinda proves the point.

I voted 'lower middle class democrat'.

All Pro
    How are the economic categories defined?

[QUOTE=ChadLover;2630271]How are the economic categories defined?[/QUOTE]

Rich earn over 200k per yr
    upper middle 99-199
    middle middle is 38-98
    lower middle is 19-37

These are very close approximations

[QUOTE=Warfish;2630263]I voted "Middle Class - Independant".

I know some folks get all bug-eyed when they hear the words "Warfish" and "Independant" in the same thread, but the fact is well established. In all of my voting life, I have not, as yet, ever voted for a Republican or a Democrat.

The trouble with this thread, and these types of polls especially with anonymous voting, is that we have people here who are, put simply, dishonest about what they are. People who make a ton of money, who post all the live long day echoing Democrat Party talking points to the letter, never break ranks, and who (if they were being honest) would tell you they vote Democrat.......and they vote "Lower Class - Republican".

Hell, as mentioned above, a number of folks would say the same about me and my vote. Kinda proves the point.[/QUOTE]

I voted middle class independent due to my voting history.....

this will be the first year I vote dem ever....even though it appears that I am a "lefty"

voted Perot twice (what a waste), Bush (arrrggghhh!!!), then didn't vote last election, and now I will vote for that marxist terrorist sympathizer.....

What is considered "rich"?

According to some democrats, its a family income of 100,000 or greater. If that is the threshold, then a fireman and school teacher in New York qualify as rich.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2630341]What is considered "rich"?

According to some democrats, its a family income of 100,000 or greater. If that is the threshold, then a fireman and school teacher in New York qualify as rich.[/QUOTE]

I have never heard that number quoted anywhere...

I thought wealthy was 250,000

that was the number I always heard...

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2630341]What is considered "rich"?

According to some democrats, its a family income of 100,000 or greater. If that is the threshold, then a fireman and school teacher in New York qualify as rich.[/QUOTE]

The max salary for a fireman isnt 100k anywhere in the country

The max salary for a school teacher in nyc is 100k after 23 yrs of service I believe (note: the cost of living in nyc is 20% higher) If a school teacher got $1 for each student, from each class, 5 days a week, they would make over 300k per year. One of the most difficult and underpaying jobs when you look at all that goes into it.

PS - For Obama "rich" is if you make over $217k. Thats already 17k over the minimum. Its very fair. Dont spread crap, ok SanAn?

[QUOTE=Schroy48;2630370]The max salary for a fireman isnt 100k anywhere in the country

The max salary for a school teacher in nyc is 100k after 23 yrs of service I believe (note: the cost of living in nyc is 20% higher) If a school teacher got $1 for each student, from each class, 5 days a week, they would make over 300k per year. One of the most difficult and underpaying jobs when you look at all that goes into it.

PS - For Obama "rich" is if you make over $217k. Thats already 17k over the minimum. Its very fair. Dont spread crap, ok SanAn?[/QUOTE]

What would a fireman AND a school teacher make TOGETHER.

Anyhow, if 217K is the mark, then I'm definitely middle class. I would also consider myself independent.

All Pro
    [quote=Warfish;2630263]I know some folks get all bug-eyed when they hear the words "Warfish" and "Independant" in the same thread, but the fact is well established. In all of my voting life, I have not, as yet, ever voted for a Republican or a Democrat.
    [/quote]

When we first started posting on this board, not knowing you, I accused you of being a closet liberal. Easy to do when most everyone here is anonymous.

But anyone that reads your posts knows you are straight down the middle. Although I don't agree with you all the time, I must say your honesty is a breath of fresh air...

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2630397]When we first started posting on this board, not knowing you, I accused you of being a closet liberal. Easy to do when most everyone here is anonymous.

But anyone that reads your posts knows you are straight down the middle. Although I don't agree with you all the time, I must say your honesty is a breath of fresh air...[/QUOTE]

Weeb..you think anyone who doesn't agree with you is a liberal....

[QUOTE=Schroy48;2630241]I think we need to set some sort of foundation here in order to discuss politics.

If this board has a "majority" I'd like to know what it is.

Thanks for taking the poll![/QUOTE]foundation???

All Pro
    [quote=piney;2630428]Weeb..you think anyone who doesn't agree with you is a liberal....[/quote]

Wrong. Those who disagree with me, offer rumor as fact, and outright lie to support their dribble -- are liberals. Throw in a few cheap shots at America and they become leftists.

I've had many a disagreement with Warfish, but he doesn't resort to lying to make a point.

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2630596]Wrong. Those who disagree with me, offer rumor as fact, and outright lie to support their dribble -- are liberals. Throw in a few cheap shots at America and they become leftists.

I've had many a disagreement with Warfish, but he doesn't resort to lying to make a point.[/QUOTE]

oh..I see so only liberals and leftys lie and use rumor as truth?

I see....

people on the right never resort to rumors and lies and distortion right?

All Pro
    middle middle class - independent.

All Pro
    I would guess Im independent. I just kinda dislike parts of each party.

Weeb is this you? Someone stole your password. This is your first post that wasn't angry and dumb.

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2630397]When we first started posting on this board, not knowing you, I accused you of being a closet liberal. Easy to do when most everyone here is anonymous.

But anyone that reads your posts knows you are straight down the middle. Although I don't agree with you all the time, I must say your honesty is a breath of fresh air...[/QUOTE]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Schroy48;2630285]Rich earn over 200k per yr
    upper middle 99-199
    middle middle is 38-98
    lower middle is 19-37

These are very close approximations[/QUOTE]

if that's your definition of "rich" i'd like to know why I don't live in a mansion.

please advise.