Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Major positive breakthrough with Iran?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2631876]Hopefully the talks will go on long enough for GW to be out of office.[/QUOTE]

which is what Iran is hoping for since they know Obama won't have the balls (esp if Rev Jackson gets his way:D) to do anything about their nuke program other than talk, talk,......!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, could you imagine talking. We should go to war with everyone everyday. F' em. let's go, who cares that our country is rotting from the inside out.......

[QUOTE=asuusa;2637249]which is what Iran is hoping for since they know Obama won't have the balls (esp if Rev Jackson gets his way:D) to do anything about their nuke program other than talk, talk,......![/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2637253]Yea, could you imagine talking. We should go to war with everyone everyday. F' em. let's go, who cares that our country is rotting from the inside out.......[/QUOTE]

First meeting worthless...
    [QUOTE]No progress in Iran nuke talks'
    19/07/2008 21:47 - (SA)

Geneva - The European Union's diplomatic chief Javier Solana said on Saturday that there had been "insufficient" progress in attempts to persuade Iran to give up its nuclear programme after high-level talks in Geneva.

The international community was still waiting for a response from Iran on a proposed package of incentives if Tehran gave up its nuclear programme after talks in Geneva, he said. [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's go to war, what are we waiting for the first talk didn't help. Talk is for the weak, you must punch first.

[QUOTE=asuusa;2638734]First meeting worthless...[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2638740]Let's go to war, what are we waiting for the first talk didn't help. Talk is for the weak, you must punch first.[/QUOTE]

Our country can't afford to go to war with Iran. I am a conservative but this is getting a little bit to much for us to handle alone. Let the UN(:eek:) do their job and the Europeans do something for a change. Lets take care of US first!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2638740]Let's go to war, what are we waiting for the first talk didn't help. Talk is for the weak, you must punch first.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/975/freeux2.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

We're trying to dangle a carrot with "incentives" to get Iran to cooperate and so far they're :rofl: at us!

Teddy Roosevelt said, "Speak softly, but carry a big stick!" What's our big stick?

You can't negotiate from "equal" position, but from a "superior" position!

Obama says he won't allow Iran to get nukes, but when he's talked himself hoarse, what's the "big stick" he will use? If BO wins this fall, I predict Iran will have nukes within his first two years in office!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Educated guess?

[QUOTE=asuusa;2640789]We're trying to dangle a carrot with "incentives" to get Iran to cooperate and so far they're :rofl: at us!

Teddy Roosevelt said, "Speak softly, but carry a big stick!" What's our big stick?

You can't negotiate from "equal" position, but from a "superior" position!

Obama says he won't allow Iran to get nukes, but when he's talked himself hoarse, what's the "big stick" he will use? [B][U][I] If BO wins this fall, I predict Iran will have nukes within his first two years in office[/I][/U][/B]![/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2640835]Educated guess?[/QUOTE]

Nope, common sense! Why do they need nukes? Why do they want nukes? If they mind their "P's" & "Q's" no one will bother them! If Saddumb had been content to be a simple dictator of his own little kingdom, he'd still be enjoying his lavish lifestyle in his palaces instead of sweating his butt off!

But Iran is hell-bent on getting nukes and won't stop unless forced to militarily and BO won't do it! And even if Israel goes after Iran, I'm not convinced BO will do anything to back them up!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That wasn't my question. You said within 2 years, are you standing by your guess?

2 years seems very unrealistic, but then again that is you M O.

[QUOTE=asuusa;2640854]Nope, common sense! Why do they need nukes? Why do they want nukes? If they mind their "P's" & "Q's" no one will bother them! If Saddumb had been content to be a simple dictator of his own little kingdom, he'd still be enjoying his lavish lifestyle in his palaces instead of sweating his butt off!

But Iran is hell-bent on getting nukes and won't stop unless forced to militarily and BO won't do it! And even if Israel goes after Iran, I'm not convinced BO will do anything to back them up![/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2640861]That wasn't my question. You said within 2 years, are you standing by your guess?

2 years seems very unrealistic, but then again that is you M O.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]The NIE asserts that the earliest Iran could produce enough HEU for a weapon is late 2009, but a 2010 to 2015 time frame is more likely.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Mark Fitzpatrick, senior fellow for nonproliferation at the International Institute for Strategic Studies in London, says if Iran were to stockpile sufficient LEU they would be able to produce 25 kg of weapons-grade uranium for production of a single bomb "within a couple of months."[/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.cfr.org/publication/16811/irans_nuclear_program.html?breadcrumb=%2F]source[/url]

:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not even close to two years.

[QUOTE=asuusa;2640890][url=http://www.cfr.org/publication/16811/irans_nuclear_program.html?breadcrumb=%2F]source[/url]

:eek:[/QUOTE]