Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonds/Yanks deal Imminent?

Bonds/Yanks deal Imminent?

Bonds-Yankees Deal Imminent (from MLBNEWSONLINE.COM)

Embattled former Giants slugger Barry Bonds has entered into formal contract negotiations with the Yankees, and a consummation of the deal is anticipated forthwith, a confidential clubhouse source told MLBNewsOnline.com.

The incentive-laden deal, being hammered out between Bonds' agent Jeff Borris and general manager Brian Cashman, will well exceed the major league $200,000 minimum but has a number of protective clauses to isolate the Yankees' exposure to the possibility of Bonds missing time due to legal distractions or recurring injury, the source said. (And until he reports that Barry Bonds is climbing the Empire State Building and the Navy is dispatching biplances, I'm sticking with my source.)

Cashman was reported to have arrived at the decision to sign Bonds during the All-Star break when he determined that the all-time home run leader would be needed to replace injured left fielder Hideki Matsui, who is out indefinely with a knee injury. Cashman was persuaded largely because the team will not have to sacrifice any coveted prospects who had been targeted by various other potential trading partners.

Bonds faces a perjury indictment but is not schedule for trial until March and Borris has assured the team that barring other unforeseen entanglements his client is unencumbered and ready to play.

Wow Bonds on the Yanks???

I am sure A-Rod is praying for him to sign, someone elses turn to be the whipping boy.

Get your popcorn ready folks.

Please, if there is a God out there.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jets Insider VIP
    This site is highly unreliable. Not believing it yet.

First Richie Sexson and now this bum. I guess Cashman should update his resume while he's at it.

Cashman was on the air today saying Bonds is not an option, they picked Sexson up in hopes of hitting left handed pitchers with Matsui being out.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    First Richie Sexson and now this bum. I guess Cashman should update his resume while he's at it.
    Don't hate yet on the Sexson thing. It could be a blessing in disguise.

Hall Of Fame
    This will NOT happen

Jets Insider VIP
    Not a chance

Old. Slow. Left handed. Cant play defense.

The 4 things the Yanks desperately need

Never going to happen.

eLOT

It CANT happen...it's be The Bronx Zoo, 2008 version...though it'd be fun to watch the drama unfold-

All Pro
    Wouldn't bother me one bit. So many players juiced in this era, Bonds is taking way too much of the blame for such a large group. besides, we lost our cherry with Giambi, Clemens, and Pettite

All League
    ...Shefield, Conseco,

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Wouldn't bother me one bit. So many players juiced in this era, Bonds is taking way too much of the blame for such a large group. besides, we lost our cherry with Giambi, Clemens, and Pettite
    Bonds is taking heat for being a liar. As is Clemens. All other users admitted and its almost like it never happened.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Bonds is taking heat for being a liar. As is Clemens. All other users admitted and its almost like it never happened.
    Disagree slightly in that he was the media whipping boy for juice in MLB before his perjury issues. Just think that so many players were doing it that I don't care about which players specifically did.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Disagree slightly in that he was the media whipping boy for juice in MLB before his perjury issues. Just think that so many players were doing it that I don't care about which players specifically did.
    True, but he was also not liked much, by team mates and fans, before the Steroids became obvious.

I guess it's just that it's an outrage because Bonds was good without the juice. He's just such an ego maniac that he had to do it because he couldn't stand the idea of someone else having the glory. Bonds is like Captain America, not in the sense of his righteousness but he is like what the pinnacle of a great athlete using roids can become, nearly perfect.

All Pro
    Favre on the Jets
    Bonds to the Yankees
    What's next??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    Favre on the Jets
    Bonds to the Yankees
    What's next??
    Jesus on the Islanders

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    I guess it's just that it's an outrage because Bonds was good without the juice. He's just such an ego maniac that he had to do it because he couldn't stand the idea of someone else having the glory. Bonds is like Captain America, not in the sense of his righteousness but he is like what the pinnacle of a great athlete using roids can become, nearly perfect.
    Actually, I remember that he hit sort of a dead spot in his career, just before he really started to get big. So it could be said he started the roids to prolong his greatness and it took him to the next level...