Thread: Anti-surge comments off Obama's Web site

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Anti-surge comments off Obama's Web site

[QUOTE]Anti-surge comments off Obama's Web site
    Published: July 16, 2008 at 9:25 AMOrder reprints | Print Story | Email to a Friend | Post a Comment Close WASHINGTON, July 16 (UPI) -- Barack Obama's initial opposition to the surge of U.S. troops in Iraq is gone from the likely Democratic nominee's Web site, a review of the site indicated.

When U.S. President George Bush ordered the surge in January 2007, Obama, a U.S. senator from Illinois, said he wasn't persuaded the additional military personnel "is going to solve the sectarian violence there" and would have the opposite effect. Recently, however, he acknowledged the surge helped reduce violence but said he was still is of the opinion that political progress hasn't been made.

Media outlets noticed Tuesday that Obama's campaign Web site no longer listed the surge as part of "The Problem" among defense issues included on the site, the Los Angeles Times reported.

[B]An Obama spokeswoman said the deletion was part of a site update to "reflect changes in current events," that includes a new section on the rise of al-Qaida violence in Afghanistan. [/B]

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/07/16/Anti-surge_comments_off_Obamas_Web_site/UPI-80481216214709/[/url]

[QUOTE]An Obama spokeswoman said the deletion was part of BO's update to "reflect the weekly changes in his position on current events and issues." [/QUOTE]

[B][I]fixed[/I][/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're right......

he would be a much better candidate if he didn't acknowledge his mistakes.....

someone should never be allowed to refine their opinion based on what transpires....

like me....I thought "Event Horizon" was going to be awesome...so regardless of my opinion after I saw the movie......I must still stick by my original opinion......

"Event Horizon" rocked!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2632880]you're right......

someone should never be allowed to refine their opinion based on what transpires....

like me....I thought "Event Horizon" was going to be awesome...so regardless of my opinion after I saw the movie......I must still stick by my original opinion......

"Event Horizon" rocked!!!!![/QUOTE]

only an obama groupie would equate whitewashing previous statements (opps....I'm sure to be called a racist on that one) with "acknowleding his mistakes"...:shakehead

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2632897]only an obama groupie would equate whitewashing previous statements (opps....I'm sure to be called a racist on that one) with "acknowleding his mistakes"...:shakehead[/QUOTE]

I just think you are making the wrong argument....

You have a hard-on for trying to find a flip-flop.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2632919]I just think you are making the wrong argument....

You have a hard-on for trying to find a flip-flop.....[/QUOTE]

wrong again...

there was no flip-flop here....he didn't come out and say he is now in favor of the surge....just cherry picked prior statements for deletion.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the part you bolded says why it was done.....

again...I think you are focusing on the wrong thing........making the wrong argument....

but...whatever...it seems to be your thing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

"Event Horizon" rocked!!!!![/QUOTE]you are so full of sh#t...wipe your boots....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2632934]you are so full of sh#t...wipe your boots....[/QUOTE]

you mean "Event Horizon" was really a good movie?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m73/spiritofweeb/Politics/419D1A48-18AA-4069-8819-B6F8A6F2886.gif[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the surge was a sure fire success then bring everyone home. Pretty simple right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

"Event Horizon" rocked!!!!![/QUOTE]

Wait just a damned second.:steamin:

"Event Horizon" DID rock. That movie was scary creepy Sci-Fi goodness.

Talk all the trash you wish about the Irish, but LEAVE 'EVENT HORIZON" ALONE YOU MONSTER!:mad:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2633075]If the surge was a sure fire success then bring everyone home. Pretty simple right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree. The surge worked. We've won. Time for the troops in Iraq to come home. (really).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2633357]Wait just a damned second.:steamin:

"Event Horizon" DID rock. That movie was scary creepy Sci-Fi goodness.

Talk all the trash you wish about the Irish, but LEAVE 'EVENT HORIZON" ALONE YOU MONSTER!:mad:[/QUOTE]

c'mon man....the ending fell apart.....it was bulding up so great...and then all of a sudden there was blood everywhere....

the best thing about the second half of the movie is where Fishbourne, after seeing the tapes from the previous crew says, "ok we're outta here!!!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2633075]If the surge was a sure fire success then bring everyone home. Pretty simple right?[/QUOTE]
    Keep watching, cr. The Republicans want to win elections too.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2632925]wrong again...

there was no flip-flop here....he didn't come out and say he is now in favor of the surge....just cherry picked prior statements for deletion.....[/QUOTE]

actually- I stand corrected.....hussien did a complete flip-flop on the surge!!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHEIi4XKRmM[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No nation building was a flip flop too...right? NO NATION BUILDING!

Let's go build a fuqing nation. In fact, let's go build a fuqing nation my heart attack prone vice president said would be a "quagmire" to occupy in 1994. And when it ends up being a quagmire like he predicted, let's blame the idiotic democrats.

[IMG]http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/u/0/2/mcbush-2008.jpg[/IMG]

No nation building...SUCK IT AMERICA!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2633363]c'mon man....the ending fell apart.....it was bulding up so great...and then all of a sudden there was blood everywhere....

the best thing about the second half of the movie is where Fishbourne, after seeing the tapes from the previous crew says, "ok we're outta here!!!"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for spoiling it for me:mad:

j/k

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2633628]actually- I stand corrected.....hussien did a complete flip-flop on the surge!!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHEIi4XKRmM[/url][/QUOTE]

Hussein Osama.... "Change We Can't Keep Up With"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys really want to play this BS game of quotes?

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2633931]Hussein Osama.... "Change We Can't Keep Up With"[/QUOTE]