Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Liriano's agent pursues grievance against Twins

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Liriano's agent pursues grievance against Twins

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The agent for Minnesota pitcher Francisco Liriano is asking the players' union to investigate why the Twins have yet to call him up from Triple-A Rochester.

Greg Genske says his client is frustrated because he has pitched well in the minors for more than a month but remains stuck in Rochester.

Genske says the delay has had an adverse effect on Liriano's service time, which determines when he is eligible for arbitration.

Twins GM Bill Smith says he is pleased with Liriano's progress after missing last season with Tommy John surgery. But he also noted that the team's four young starting pitchers have performed well with the big club and made it difficult to create a spot for the Dominican left-hander.
    Interetsing. I wonder if he can prove they are doing this just to reduce his service time. Sucks to be a small market team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOAH..

Has anything like this happened before?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    WOAH..

Has anything like this happened before?
    Thats what I was just thinking. I've never heard anything like it, but haven't really followed the minor leagues much till last summer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Thats what I was just thinking. I've never heard anything like it, but haven't really followed the minor leagues much till last summer.
    Well it's defiantly unique, never want to have a bad relationship with your organization.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Livan's been awful the past 2 months, and Liriano keeps wasting his time in AAA when he's been dominant lately. I can't blame him for being annoyed, especially since if he's stuck there for much longer he won't be arbitration eligible at the end of the year. Its pressuring the Twins into moving him back up.