Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "bomb" that hit Pearl Harbor

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2634149]Probably meant "bombs" plural. SAJ, this is pretty weak stuff....[/QUOTE]is that your picture?

All Pro
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2634659]Many, many bombs fell from many, many planes that day.

I find it far more likely that he accidentally dropped the plural than that he was referring to a nuclear attack on the U.S. that never took place.

These guys are recorded 24/7 in the YouTube era and, given the grueling nature of the campaign, they're going to misspeak from time to time, often in amusing ways (such as McCain's three recent refrences to a country that hasn't existed since the early 90s and Obama's "57 states" goof).

There will occasionally be a goof that casts real doubt on a candidate, or gives us a great big belly laugh at his expense, but dropping the plural from "bombs" doesn't strike me as something that gets above either bar.[/QUOTE]well i guess that's it then...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=djaparz;2634670]Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?[/QUOTE]

now if he dropped that in there, that would be great as first you would see everyone going nuts about the perceived gaffe and then when people would realize that it was a joke, it would be even funnier.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2634096]Notably missing in his list of threats is the threat of terrorism by Islamic Jihad.[/QUOTE]

It seemed obvious to me, but he was talking about former threats that we've overcome in that paragraph, not current threats that we're trying to overcome right now.

All League
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2634147]Obviously, a bomb did fall on Pearl Harbor. Many of them did, in fact.

Did you really start a thread because he didn't use the plural tense?[/QUOTE]

Pretty weak spin nuu....Face it, B. Hussein is a tool....A good speaker (even if he can't keep his facts straight) does not necessarily a good President make.

All League
    [QUOTE=djaparz;2634670]Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?[/QUOTE]

Germans?
    Forget it....He's rolling.

Classic!

Must have been Obama's speech writer or that damned teleprompter!

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2635187]Pretty weak spin nuu....Face it, [B]B. Hussein [/B]is a tool....A good speaker (even if he can't keep his facts straight) does not necessarily a good President make.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Adolf.

If we are going to criticize Barack, we need to do better than this. I think the idea of one bomb/many bombs might not realkly apply. How's about "bomb" as in disaster.

THe notice of missing Islamic Jihad strikes is point on.