Thread: Affliction: BANNED

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Affliction: BANNED

thought just crossed my mind that since Randy Couture is already aligned with Affliction with his clothing company, how likely is it that now that Affliction is promoting fights and have Fedor under contract that they get Randy back in the cage to fight him?

This was supposedly the reason Randy left UFC because he only wanted Fedor and Dana couldn't deliver....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green View Post
    thought just crossed my mind that since Randy Couture is already aligned with Affliction with his clothing company, how likely is it that now that Affliction is promoting fights and have Fedor under contract that they get Randy back in the cage to fight him?

This was supposedly the reason Randy left UFC because he only wanted Fedor and Dana couldn't deliver....
    Fedor will kill him, I can understand why Couture wants Fedor....but beating Fedor is not like beating the Tito's of the world.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Fedor will kill him, I can understand why Couture wants Fedor....but beating Fedor is not like beating the Tito's of the world.
    I disagree. I think that Randy would take him out. That said the Randy who beat up Tim Sylvia is now a year and half older and will be another year or two older assuming that he gets a chance to face Fedor. Sooner or later he is going to slow down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    I disagree. I think that Randy would take him out. That said the Randy who beat up Tim Sylvia is now a year and half older and will be another year or two older assuming that he gets a chance to face Fedor. Sooner or later he is going to slow down.
    I think Fedor would take out Couture in his prime...never mind today or a year from today.....but thats just my oppinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    I second that. Randy may get beat, but there is no way it is a sure thing. That fight is still the best fight in all of MMA. It's got to happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    I second that. Randy may get beat, but there is no way it is a sure thing. That fight is still the best fight in all of MMA. It's got to happen.
    Couture is not as great as so many people think he is, probably one of the most overrated of all time

Penn vs GSP would be the best potential match in MMA

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green View Post
    Couture is not as great as so many people think he is, probably one of the most overrated of all time

Penn vs GSP would be the best potential match in MMA
    While I agree with the matchup, the idea that Randy is not great is just ludicrous. You don't put together a resume like his without being great. I think the match up settles a long standing dispute, and will give Fedor the chance at last to be undisputed.

Penn vs GSP would be a great fight. I'd also love:

Penn vs. Faber

Fedor vs. Cain Velasquez (trust me this guy is a beast)

Fedor vs. Larsen (WOW, as far as entertainment)

Bisping vs. Anderson

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    While I agree with the matchup, the idea that Randy is not great is just ludicrous. You don't put together a resume like his without being great. I think the match up settles a long standing dispute, and will give Fedor the chance at last to be undisputed.

Penn vs GSP would be a great fight. I'd also love:

Penn vs. Faber

Fedor vs. Cain Velasquez (trust me this guy is a beast)

Fedor vs. Larsen (WOW, as far as entertainment)

Bisping vs. Anderson

he's 16-8 and has never won more than 4 fights in a row in his career

he's 6-5 in his last 11 fights

sure his win over Sylvia and Gonzaga were impressive as hell but he's gotten his ass whipped plenty as well

Fedor would destroy him if they fight