Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Gives Finger To World Court

Texas Gives Finger To World Court

[QUOTE]

WND THE NEW WORLD DISORDER
    Texas to World Court: Execution still on!
    Father of victim says U.N. body's order 'don't mean diddly'
    Posted: July 17, 2008
    1:43 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Texas is refusing to bow to yesterday's World Court order to stay the Aug. 5 lethal injection of convicted rapist-killer and illegal alien Jose Medellin.

The highest U.N. court insisted that five scheduled executions of Mexicans be immediately halted until the cases undergo further review. Mexico's government filed a petition with the court last month because it said the men had been deprived of assistance from their consulates following their arrests.

According to Geneva Convention rules, illegal aliens must have access to their national consulates once they have been detained.

The U.N. court order echoes statements made by Mexico that "Texas has made clear that unless restrained, it will go forward with the execution without providing Mr. Medellin the mandated review and reconsideration," which will "irreparably" violate U.S. obligations to the World Court's 2004 directive, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Citing "the paramount interest in human life," Mexico said it would "for forever be deprived of the opportunity to vindicate its rights and those of the nationals concerned" if Medellin's execution continues as scheduled.

(Story continues below)

Texas Gov. Rick Perry's office rejected Mexico's complaint.

"The world court has no standing in Texas, and Texas is not bound by a ruling or edict from a foreign court," Perry spokesman Robert Black said. "It is easy to get caught up in discussions of international law and justice and treaties. It's very important to remember that these individuals are on death row for killing our citizens."

According to the Houston Chronicle, international law expert Sarah Cleveland warned if the U.S. ignores the U.N. court order, many other countries may follow its example.

"This can only come back to hurt U.S. citizens when they are detained abroad," she wrote in an e-mail to the newspaper. " ... When a global leader like the U.S. refuses to comply with its clear international legal obligations (and everyone agrees that this is a clear legal obligation), it undermines the willingness of other states to comply with their own obligations and it inspires them not to trust us to obey ours."

[b]Randy Ertman, father of Jennifer, a 14-year-old girl Medellin raped and murdered, criticized the World Court for attempting to intervene.

"The world court don't mean diddly," he said. "This business belongs in the state of Texas. The people of the state of Texas support the execution. We thank them. The rest of them can go to h-ll."[/b]

Adolfo Peña, father of Elizabeth, a 16-year-old girl Medellin also raped and murdered, concurred with Ertman.

"I believe we've been through all the red tape we can go through," he told the Houston Chronicle. "It's time to rock and roll."

[/QUOTE]

Let's hear it for Texas....:clapper:

fry fry fry....

Hall Of Fame
    Too bad Israel didn't do the same to Kuntar.

My heart goes out to the families. If you read about this case it is a shame what this family had to go through because of the failure to follow the Vienna convention.

[QUOTE=cr726;2634911]My heart goes out to the families. If you read about this case it is a shame what this family had to go through because of the failure to follow the Vienna convention.[/QUOTE]yeah its the state of texas' fault,way to zero in on the culprit.

Thats ****ing badass!!!

When law enforcement screws up it makes the family suffer more. That's all, relax Francis.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2634913]yeah its the state of texas' fault,way to zero in on the culprit.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2634921]When law enforcement screws up it makes the family suffer more. That's all, relax Francis.[/QUOTE]law enforcement screwed up?...i thought it was mexico imposing its will(being against the death penalty)upon the sovereign state of texas... i love "stripes" by the way.

No, that is not what I am saying. All they (law enforcment) had to do was call the Mexican consulate. The victims families had to endure a bunch of BS because the call was never made. I agree with you about the death penalty, but sadly this case brings up some things people don't know about. The Vienna convention is there for a reason and we as U.S. citizens benefit from it as well, if something happens to us in another country.

This guy deserves what he is getting.

The families should not of had to go through what they did, it made it all the way up to the Supreme Court.

Stripes is a classic.....

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2634933]law enforcement screwed up?...i thought it was mexico imposing its will(being against the death penalty)upon the sovereign state of texas... i love "stripes" by the way.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2634942]No, that is not what I am saying. All they (law enforcment) had to do was call the Mexican consulate. The victims families had to endure a bunch of BS because the call was never made. I agree with you about the death penalty, but sadly this case brings up some things people don't know about. The Vienna convention is there for a reason and we as U.S. citizens benefit from it as well, if something happens to us in another country.

This guy deserves what he is getting.

The families should not of had to go through what they did, it made it all the way up to the Supreme Court.

Stripes is a classic.....[/QUOTE]medellin didn't raise the issues on contacting the consulate at his trial.he also spent most of his years in the states.plus,.\ the vienna convention does not trump state rights.

That is not his call to contact the consulate. It is an ugly situation.
    I do not want to argue the Vienna convention, notice the article posted "Geneva Convention".

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2634947]medellin didn't raise the issues on contacting the consulate at his trial.he also spent most of his years in the states.plus,.\ the vienna convention does not trump state rights.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2634950]That is not his call to contact the consulate. It is an ugly situation.
    I do not want to argue the Vienna convention, notice the article posted "Geneva Convention".[/QUOTE]it is absolutely his(his lawyer) call.ignorance of the law is not a defense,thus he forfeits that right..plus the supreme court and 28 states happen to agree with texas.

No it is not his or his lawyer's responsibility to notify the consulate. When I arrest a foreign national I have to notify the consulate office of that country. It is a quick phone call.
    Some countries have a memo of understanding pertaining to this and therefore no call is necessary.
    His illegal status makes this a horror of a crime, if that is possible.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2634951]it is absolutely his(his lawyer) call.ignorance of the law is not a defense,thus he forfeits that right..plus the supreme court and 28 states happen to agree with texas.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Hey world court -- go f yourselves!!

Texas should send the bill to cover this execution to mexico.

[QUOTE=cr726;2634955]No it is not his or his lawyer's responsibility to notify the consulate. When I arrest a foreign national I have to notify the consulate office of that country. It is a quick phone call.
    Some countries have a memo of understanding pertaining to this and therefore no call is necessary.
    His illegal status makes this a horror of a crime, if that is possible.[/QUOTE]he did not bring this up in his trial.his lawyer did not bring this up at trial.its his lawyers duty to bring this up and he didn't.now it is true about article VI of the constitution but justice roberts said that international court decisions cannot be forced on particular states.,contrary to that state's laws.
    Last edited by 2foolish197; 07-18-2008 at 07:45 PM.

It is a slippery slope and the horrible circumstances that lead to this conversation are devastating.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2634970]he did not bring this up in his trial.his lawyer did not bring this up at trial.its his lawyers duty to bring this up and he didn't.now it is true about article VI of the constitution but justice roberts said that international court decisions cannot be forced on particular states.,contraryto that state's laws.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    This is the typical american response to the world...f you...which is why the world hates us.

Just kidding....

Fry 'em!!!! Go Texas! i wish my liberal state had the balls to execute people.

This line absolutely enraged me:

[quote]Citing "the paramount interest in human life," Mexico said it would "for forever be deprived of the opportunity to vindicate its rights and those of the nationals concerned" if Medellin's execution continues as scheduled.[/quote]

What about the life of the little girl he raped and murdered you jackasses?!?!?!?

This asshead breaks the law by coming into this country illegally and then rapes and murders and innocent child and we're supposed to be concerned with HIS rights?

Go **** yourself Mexico! And the world court can kiss Texas' ass! Fry this piece of **** immediately!

[QUOTE=cr726;2634982]It is a slippery slope and the horrible circumstances that lead to this conversation are devastating.[/QUOTE]mexico...mexico is that last country that should be in this conversation.the way they treat foriegners..