Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belief Growing (49%) That Reporters are Trying to Help Obama Win

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2637624]damn I forgot he's that old... someone tell me he actually receives and cashes SS checks... please someone make my day lol[/QUOTE]

Maybe he should get his face starched like Auntie Pelosi.....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2637674]Maybe he should get his face starched like Auntie Pelosi.....[/QUOTE]

at least the turkey gobler!

McCain's wife is a butter face, although the millions make her better looking as well.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2637674]Maybe he should get his face starched like Auntie Pelosi.....[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2637683]McCain's wife is a butter face, although the millions make her better looking as well.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/barackobamaedwardsaid2.jpg[/IMG]

Hussein doesn't exactly have Playboy material hanging off his arm.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2637688][IMG]http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/barackobamaedwardsaid2.jpg[/IMG]

Hussein doesn't exactly have Playboy material hanging off his arm.[/QUOTE]

She's a looker, that one.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2637693]She's a looker, that one.[/QUOTE]

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.....

I just noticed this.

I he subliminally giving his wife the finger?

[IMG]http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/barackobamaedwardsaid2.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2637705]I just noticed this.

I he subliminally giving his wife the finger?

[IMG]http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/barackobamaedwardsaid2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

didn't he do the same to clinton in one of the debates???

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2637688][IMG]http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/barackobamaedwardsaid2.jpg[/IMG]

Hussein doesn't exactly have Playboy material hanging off his arm.[/QUOTE]

America, white people, cop, hating, P.O.S. hey Libs, go to snopes .com and read about Cindy Mccain and see the the things she's doing, and has done while your Lady? was spewing her distain for this country.

[QUOTE=acepepe;2637717]America, white people, cop, hating, P.O.S. hey Libs, go to snopes .com and read about Cindy Mccain and see the the things she's doing, and has done while your Lady? was spewing her distain for this country.[/QUOTE]

You would have to read it on snopes because the criminal liberal media is all but ignoring it.

Meanwhile they make Hussein's militant wife out to be the next Dolly Madison.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2637581]While you and I disagree how much "drumbeating" there was, it DOES shine a spotlight on one distatseful reality of modern media:

If it bleeds, it leads.

If it's going to get a reaction (i.e. more viewers/readers) it will get issued, likely with top billing, theme music and a great little logo to go with it.

[B]Media for Profit is proving itself to be a very bad concept. Ironic as it is, media (i.e. the News, not the rest) may be better for us all as a non-profit-mandated business sector.

I.e. Want a News TV network? Great, no profit. And No "opinion" shows. Just report the news, and do so in an unbaised form. Get too baised, and you loose your broadcast license and some other group will get THEIR shot to give us fair unbiased news.[/B]

And while we're at it, how about we actually hire some reporters, instead of using the friggin AP for every ounce of news. Thats far too much power in the AP's hands IMO.

Oh, and Want an Entertainment Network? Great, good luck......but no news shows, only "opinion" shows, and make all the bank you can with yer American Idol, Rush Limbaugh and Air America. No fairness Doctrine, it's all entertainment. If folks want their news from it, thats their choice to choose who to watch.

Sounds extreme, I am sure, but a Nation without a reliable trustworth media, or worse with a media filled with what we have today (opinion and sensationalism masquerading as "news") is the first step down a very unpleasant road. And I simply don't think ANY of our media can be trusted today. Maybe it's a part of the ongoing UnCivil War, and maybe it'll only get worse, and maybe it cannot even be fixed now......but we ought to try.

I have to admit, I am at a loss at this point. But I know what we have today is very very bad and horrdily untrustworthy.[/QUOTE]

To your point about having a "non-profit" media, my only question is: "How would they be funded?" Federal? State? Private foundations? You see the problem, I think. It would just be a different spin on what we already have... media influenced by its purse-strings.

Bias in media is virtually guaranteed, and always has been. Some mitigate extreme bias by building in factual checks and avoidance of excessive editorializing, but even the choice of news itself can be biased. I like some of the stories on NPR, for example, but I have to say that 80% of their choices for news are patently far-left, globalist trivia. And they are not for profit! I think I'd rather have the media remain as it is and let it show its colors over time. Just look at this site to see how biased WE are in our choice of news venues. One man's NYT is another man's poison. Why? Because the NYT doesn't somehow reflect our ideological agenda, not because we expect the NYT to inform us in any real sense. Too many people have made up their minds concerning their "truths." The rest is seeking validation or dismissing contrary opinion. Sadly, that's how the majority of us our built.

the media is tracking a winner, it's that simple

it's like when the Pats were going undefeated

no one wants to cover mccain because he's gonna lose badly

[QUOTE=bitonti;2637764]the media is tracking a winner, it's that simple

it's like when the Pats were going undefeated

no one wants to cover mccain because he's gonna lose badly[/QUOTE]

They're probably covering his world tour of Afghanistan and Iraq because it is such a rare event.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2637774]They're probably covering his world tour of Afghanistan and Iraq because it is such a rare event.[/QUOTE]

yea ya know what else is rare? a black man with a real chance to win the white house

obama is a historical story, everything he does is good media coverage. if you can't see that you are blind to what media is and what it does. it sells stories. hate him or love him, Obama is interesting.

what are they gonna say about McCain? Crotchity old white man running for office and making lame jokes isn't a story.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2637664]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dude is old... so old it's old with an O like so:

[img]http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/5000/5003/o_101_lg.gif[/img]

:D[/QUOTE]

Explain to me why mocking McCain's age is perfectly acceptable, while mocking Obama's race is not?

[QUOTE=shakin318;2637801]Explain to me why mocking McCain's age is perfectly acceptable, while mocking Obama's race is not?[/QUOTE]

mocking anyone isn't acceptable but cmon Shakin, it's not like Old White Men have a long history of being oppressed. as Carlin said White People's job is to give the blues, not sing em.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2637808]mocking anyone isn't acceptable but cmon Shakin, it's not like Old White Men have a long history of being oppressed. as Carlin said White People's job is to give the blues, not sing em.[/QUOTE]

Really? Tell that to John McCain circa 1967 - 1972.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2637797][B]yea ya know what else is rare? a black man with a real chance to win the white house[/B]
    obama is a historical story, everything he does is good media coverage. if you can't see that you are blind to what media is and what it does. it sells stories. hate him or love him, Obama is interesting.

what are they gonna say about McCain? Crotchity old white man running for office and making lame jokes isn't a story.[/QUOTE]

Had Colin Powell ever run for president, people would be saying "Barak who?".

[QUOTE=bitonti;2637808]mocking anyone isn't acceptable but cmon Shakin, it's not like Old White Men have a long history of being oppressed. as Carlin said White People's job is to give the blues, not sing em.[/QUOTE]

Barak has sufferd opression? Raised by the WHITE side of his family, I've read he lived a pretty good life in HI After his "daddy" took off to spread his seed around Africa.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2637797]yea ya know what else is rare? a black man with a real chance to win the white house

what are they gonna say about McCain? Crotchity old white man running for office and making lame jokes isn't a story.[/QUOTE]

Hussein is not black. He's half black and half white. He's Halfrican.

If all previous Presidents were black and Hussein wins the Presidency this fall, would he be considered the first white President?