Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belief Growing (49%) That Reporters are Trying to Help Obama Win

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2637922]Hussein is not black. He's half black and half white. He's Halfrican.

If all previous Presidents were black and Hussein wins the Presidency this fall, would he be considered the first white President?[/QUOTE]

You've obviously never studied the history of anti-miscegenation laws. The answer to your question is "no."

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2637688][IMG]http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/barackobamaedwardsaid2.jpg[/IMG]

Hussein doesn't exactly have Playboy material hanging off his arm.[/QUOTE]

Sign the beast

Dumb + Ignorant = Dean.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2637922]Hussein is not black. He's half black and half white. He's Halfrican.

If all previous Presidents were black and Hussein wins the Presidency this fall, would he be considered the first white President?[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;2638089]Dumb + Ignorant = Dean.[/QUOTE]

What does this post do besides bash another poster?

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2637813]Had Colin Powell ever run for president, people would be saying "Barak who?".[/QUOTE]

coulda shoulda woulda

colin powell ruined his political career when he sold the war against Iraq to the UN.

something about telling bald faced lies in public ...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=shakin318;2638117]What does this post do besides bash another poster?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but it's hard to argue with its logic. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2637797]yea ya know what else is rare? a black man with a real chance to win the white house

obama is a historical story, everything he does is good media coverage. if you can't see that you are blind to what media is and what it does. it sells stories. hate him or love him, Obama is interesting.

what are they gonna say about McCain? Crotchity old white man running for office and making lame jokes isn't a story.[/QUOTE]

good thing hussien is black 'cause if he were white he'd be mistaken for a loser like john edwards...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=shakin318;2637801]Explain to me why mocking McCain's age is perfectly acceptable, while mocking Obama's race is not?[/QUOTE]

or calling McCain a crotchity old white man:

[QUOTE=bitonti;2637797]yea ya know what else is rare? a black man with a real chance to win the white house

obama is a historical story, everything he does is good media coverage. if you can't see that you are blind to what media is and what it does. it sells stories. hate him or love him, Obama is interesting.

what are they gonna say about McCain? Crotchity old white man running for office and making lame jokes isn't a story.[/QUOTE]

imagine the reaction from all the self hating guilty white people if BO or his wife were refered to as upidity negro's on this forum???!!! :eek:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2638247]or calling McCain a crotchity old white man:

imagine the reaction from all the self hating guilty white people if BO or his wife were refered to as upidity negro's on this forum???!!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

That's why it amuses the hell out of me when they accuse others of racism.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2638255]That's why it amuses the hell out of me when they accuse others of racism.[/QUOTE]

exactly!!!

[QUOTE=Warfish;2637581]While you and I disagree how much "drumbeating" there was, it DOES shine a spotlight on one distatseful reality of modern media:

If it bleeds, it leads.

If it's going to get a reaction (i.e. more viewers/readers) it will get issued, likely with top billing, theme music and a great little logo to go with it.

Media for Profit is proving itself to be a very bad concept. Ironic as it is, media (i.e. the News, not the rest) may be better for us all as a non-profit-mandated business sector.

I.e. Want a News TV network? Great, no profit. And No "opinion" shows. Just report the news, and do so in an unbaised form. Get too baised, and you loose your broadcast license and some other group will get THEIR shot to give us fair unbiased news.

And while we're at it, how about we actually hire some reporters, instead of using the friggin AP for every ounce of news. Thats far too much power in the AP's hands IMO.

Oh, and Want an Entertainment Network? Great, good luck......but no news shows, only "opinion" shows, and make all the bank you can with yer American Idol, Rush Limbaugh and Air America. No fairness Doctrine, it's all entertainment. If folks want their news from it, thats their choice to choose who to watch.

Sounds extreme, I am sure, but a Nation without a reliable trustworth media, or worse with a media filled with what we have today (opinion and sensationalism masquerading as "news") is the first step down a very unpleasant road. And I simply don't think ANY of our media can be trusted today. Maybe it's a part of the ongoing UnCivil War, and maybe it'll only get worse, and maybe it cannot even be fixed now......but we ought to try.

I have to admit, I am at a loss at this point. But I know what we have today is very very bad and horrdily untrustworthy.[/QUOTE]

A Long Time Ago-- maybe 1965-66... Radio story teller Jean Shepherd predicted that all news of the future would be slanted to serve some agenda. He also predicted that Politics and ShowBiz would become the same thing-- just look at our Political conventions which are staged events , just like infomercials. He also predicted that all sports would degenerate to the level of Pro Wrestling, with costumes, bragging and posturing for the fans== that too has at least partially come true also.
    News is more important than sports-- so the fact that Mass Media news is so untrustworthy and is aimed at influence peddling to the public is a sad fact of modern life. Just teach your kids to see thru the hype.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2638136]coulda shoulda woulda

colin powell ruined his political career when he sold the war against Iraq to the UN.

something about telling bald faced lies in public ...[/QUOTE]

Did Bill Clilnton ruin his career?

Is there really any doubt that most of the MSM has a liberal slant? It is pretty easy to understand, I think.

The overwhelming percentage of our universities are more liberal t han conservative. As college educated professionals, they enter the working world with that slant. Unlike the business world, journalists and teachers (I am one) enter a world of entitlement and rights. Furthermore, in the book Bias, the author makes a point of saying how the heads of many of these networks and papers live altogether in their own lilttle worlds that lack the "Pennsylvania types who need guns and religion."

That said, a smaller part of the MSM has a conservative slant.

If you don't think this is true, compare the headlines and story placement the NYT (far left liberal), the Daily News and Newsday (somewhat left) and the Post (right wing.) A local paper, (the LI Sun, I think) is rw. Same world events - totally different takes. More often that not, the slant favors the left.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2638238]good thing hussien is black 'cause if he were white he'd be mistaken for a loser like john edwards...[/QUOTE]

Just end this thread. You obviously are so out of touch with reality that you will believe the Republican party line. The party of panderers, hypocrites, boy-lovers, religious fundamentalists, corrupt politicians, and RACIST agendas.

The Democratic party doesnt offer much more in terms of spine, but I'd rather vote for the wimp rather than the crook anyday.

Lewis Black: "The Republican party is a party of BAD ideas. The Democratic party is one of NO ideas."

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=CTJets69;2638276]Just end this thread. You obviously are so out of touch with reality that you will believe the Republican party line. The party of panderers, hypocrites, boy-lovers, religious fundamentalists, corrupt politicians, and RACIST agendas.
    .[/QUOTE]

please- tell me more about your reality.....

[IMG]http://bp2.blogger.com/_UMJPRMUyTLA/RqexgqVPTTI/AAAAAAAAAAs/PufHzLAIvG4/s400/n522306244_197290_3718.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE]The Democratic party doesnt offer much more in terms of spine, but I'd rather vote for the wimp rather than the crook anyday[/QUOTE]

birds of a feather perhaps???
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 07-21-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Sorry, just stating the obvious.

[QUOTE=shakin318;2638117]What does this post do besides bash another poster?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CTJets69;2638276]Just end this thread. You obviously are so out of touch with reality that you will believe the Republican party line. The party of panderers, hypocrites, boy-lovers, religious fundamentalists, corrupt politicians, and RACIST agendas.

The Democratic party doesnt offer much more in terms of spine, but I'd rather vote for the wimp rather than the crook anyday.[/QUOTE]

What has Hussein done to deserve the Presidency of the United States?

What are his accomplishments?

He was a Senator for all of 5 months before he decided to run for President.

What has he accomplished?

What is his experience, besides listening to hateful speech and hanging out with terrorists?

About the same accomplishments as GW, except a lot smarter.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2638386]What has Hussein done to deserve the Presidency of the United States?

What are his accomplishments?

He was a Senator for all of 5 months before he decided to run for President.

What has he accomplished?

What is his experience, besides listening to hateful speech and hanging out with terrorists?[/QUOTE]

All League
    It's an absolute fact that the media wants this....The producers of "24" admitted they cast a black man as President because they wanted to "warm" America to the idea....The media today has a HUGE influence on the way the masses think in this country....We've lost the ability to think for ourselves and we all think we're "geniuses" because we heard it or read it somewhere....Lemmings!