Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: Posada's on the DL, may be done for the year?

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Posada's on the DL, may be done for the year?

    Just heard another coworker talking about it in passing, any news on this?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, the hits just keep on coming.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep Franscesca just said that Posada will be on the Dl or is speculated - he is asking Girardi later on

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    I admire Jorge for trying to play through the injury and help the team out as much as possible but the bad shoulder has really killed his offensive production and defensivley the Yankees are better off with Molina behind the plate...This sucks and this might be the last straw before Hank forces Cashman to get on the phone with Bonds agent...

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh jeez...

    then again, I've been saying the season is over anyway. Guess this seals the deal.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    I admire Jorge for trying to play through the injury and help the team out as much as possible but the bad shoulder has really killed his offensive production and defensivley the Yankees are better off with Molina behind the plate...This sucks and this might be the last straw before Hank forces Cashman to get on the phone with Bonds agent...
    The entire Yankees roster could go on the DL and I'd still put the Tampa Yankees lineup out there every single day before I'd like to see Bonds on this roster.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough break. Have to get a outfielder now. The way AL line-ups are constructed it will be tough to live with Melky, Gardner and Melky all playing every day.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Tough break. Have to get a outfielder now. The way AL line-ups are constructed it will be tough to live with Melky, Gardner and Melky all playing every day.
    Molina* and you're right.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Tough break. Have to get a outfielder now. The way AL line-ups are constructed it will be tough to live with Melky, Gardner and Melky all playing every day.
    Tough? Sounds physically impossible to me

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Tough? Sounds physically impossible to me
    Our only prayer is the Melky brings his average up to like 290. And that ain't gonna happen. I do push Robbie up after Giambi now though. I don't think Gardner is major league material, he fouls off a lot but can't put it in play.

  11. #11
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    Our only prayer is the Melky brings his average up to like 290. And that ain't gonna happen. I do push Robbie up after Giambi now though. I don't think Gardner is major league material, he fouls off a lot but can't put it in play.
    Seriously, all these guys suck so bad.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    Our only prayer is the Melky brings his average up to like 290. And that ain't gonna happen. I do push Robbie up after Giambi now though. I don't think Gardner is major league material, he fouls off a lot but can't put it in play.
    Gardner isn't playing to his capability, I'm not quite ready to call him an organizational outfielder just yet. He's typically a slow starter when he's promoted to a new level.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn please quarantine that injury bug to the Bronx

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Seriously, all these guys suck so bad.
    I seriously would be more confident if they were league average, but they're not. And that is the main problem It almost seems like we're going with a more defensive minded roster at this point and if that's the case we need a better SP on the staff, our bull pen has been great.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Gardner isn't playing to his capability, I'm not quite ready to call him an organizational outfielder just yet. He's typically a slow starter when he's promoted to a new level.
    I trust your opinion on this stuff, I don't follow our AAA club very well. I do hope he shows me more because personally I think he has potential to be a terror on the basepaths, better then Christian who falls on his face while stealing bags.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    I trust your opinion on this stuff, I don't follow our AAA club very well. I do hope he shows me more because personally I think he has potential to be a terror on the basepaths, better then Christian who falls on his face while stealing bags.
    He's been hitting the ball in the air too much, that isn't his game. He needs to hit the ball on the ground and take advantage of his speed.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He's been hitting the ball in the air too much, that isn't his game. He needs to hit the ball on the ground and take advantage of his speed.
    "Every time you hit the ball in the air, you owe me 20 pushups!"

    At least (from what I've seen) he does a good job of working the count, he's not up there just hacking away.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    How big of a blow really is this to the Yankees?

    Its not as if Jorge has been contributing with the bat anymore than Molina since he came off the DL and defensively Molina is a better catcher...The Yankees have been playing without Jorge's bat and surviving for a while now...So its not that big of a loss but it does make the need for another bat much stronger...

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    How big of a blow really is this to the Yankees?

    Its not as if Jorge has been contributing with the bat anymore than Molina since he came off the DL and defensively Molina is a better catcher...The Yankees have been playing without Jorge's bat and surviving for a while now...So its not that big of a loss but it does make the need for another bat much stronger...

    True it was more that you always thought Posada would eventually get healthy and provide a decent bat. Similiar to the Mets with Church.

    Once that window closes for good you have to make a deal.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    How big of a blow really is this to the Yankees?

    Its not as if Jorge has been contributing with the bat anymore than Molina since he came off the DL and defensively Molina is a better catcher...The Yankees have been playing without Jorge's bat and surviving for a while now...So its not that big of a loss but it does make the need for another bat much stronger...
    Some truth to that, just expected that bat to eventually show up. In the long run this is probably the right move, he needs to get healthy for 2009.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us