Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July 4th incident.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;2638539]Horrible story.

But I wonder, why does this have to be a racial issue? Did these monsters attack the father and daughter because they were white or because these monsters are monsters?

This is what bothers me about these "hate crimes" detractors: it is patently false that when a white person attacks a black that the authorities prosecute it as a hate crime while the reverse doesn't happen.

The only way a crime is labelled a hate crime is when the perpetrator targets the victim simply because of the victim's race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

These monsters who committed this henious crime probably have already done something similar to an African American victim or victims. They're monsters for a reason.[/QUOTE]

+1

this is not an issue of race unless you want it to be. when it happens the other way, it wrong as well. this is just a matter of a sick person.

I dont believe in any hate laws. punish them all severly, race involved or not.

but some people are obsessed with race, the melanin in one's skin. really mindless if you think about it. i feel sorry for those so ignorant

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;2638558]

this is not an issue of race unless you want it to be. [/QUOTE]

And I think Mn's point was that if the races were reversed, guys like Sharpton and Jackson would indeed want to make this into a race issue.

It's horrible either way, and I hope these *******s are caught.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;2638548]Just to add after reading the news reports...

There is no evidence that the thugs did this because the father and daughter were white. They would have done the same to non-whites. They're thugs.

So, MnJetFan, I have no idea why you decided to turn this into a racial issue.[/QUOTE]

Funny you ask because our politically correct newspapers are afraid to state it was a black on white crime, it sure as well been all over the world if it was the other way. Right? It is just assumed it is racist if it is white on black!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same reason you probably heard of the rape, torture, and murder of Channon peterson and Christian Newsom (she, tortured for 4 days) by FIVE ANIMALS, good God if the skin color was reversed news 24-7 Lovely isn't it there libs, there's no media bias

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2638588]Funny you ask because our politically correct newspapers are afraid to state it was a black on white crime, [B]it sure as well been all over the world if it was the other way[/B]. Right? It is just assumed it is racist if it is white on black![/QUOTE]

No, it wouldn't be. And it wasn't a "black-on-white" crime. It was a crime by thugs who just happened to be black against victims who happened to be white.

You're whole argument is premised on an unprovable hypothetical. It's obvious that you have "racial issues" which you need to address. There is no need for you or anyone else to inject race into this horrible story.

Blacks kill, assault, and rape other blacks all the time. Blacks do the same to whites and hispanics.

Recently in NY, a black man was convicted of raping and torturing a white woman. No one injected race into the case or claimed, as you did, that if races were reversed this would have been a huge story. It was a huge story anyway. It was simply a story of a madman and a victim who confronted her attacker and sent him to jail for a very, very long time.

This story is about a bunch of thugs. The race of their victims was irrelevant to them. But to you, it's not.

Don't blame society or the media for your own racial issues.
    Last edited by SMC; 07-21-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2638588]Funny you ask because our politically correct newspapers are afraid to state it was a black on white crime, it sure as well been all over the world if it was the other way. Right? It is just assumed it is racist if it is white on black![/QUOTE]

It's only a racial attack if the singular motivation for the attack was race. So unless these jagoffs were making racial slurs while attacking the father there is no way any prosecutor with a brain in his head would prosecute it as a hate crime unless he wanted to make sure these scumbags walk.

Personally I am against hate crimes legislation as it makes the assumption that the victims of crimes that are not "hate" motivated are lesser somehow than victims of so called "hate crimes."

All violent crimes should be prosecuted aggressively and punished severely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;2638659]No, it wouldn't be. And it wasn't a "black-on-white" crime. It was a crime by thugs who just happened to be black against victims who happened to be white.

You're whole argument is premised on an unprovable hypothetical. It's obvious that you have "racial issues" which you need to address. There is no need for you or anyone else to inject race into this horrible story.

Blacks kill, assault, and rape other blacks all the time. Blacks do the same to whites and hispanics.

Recently in NY, a black man was convicted of raping and torturing a white woman. No one injected race into the case or claimed, as you did, that if races were reversed this would have been a huge story. It was a huge story anyway. It was simply a story of a madman and a victim who confronted her attacker and sent him to jail for a very, very long time.

This story is about a bunch of thugs. The race of their victims was irrelevant to them. But to you, it's not.

Don't blame society or the media for your own racial issues.[/QUOTE]
    I have no racial issues, I am just saying if the show was on the other foot the media would be all over it and Sharpton would be all over it. Have a great day! :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2638702]I have no racial issues[/QUOTE]

HA!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was born and raised in the Bronx, went to a multiracial High School most of my best friends are Latino or African American. What about you? HA!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2638769]I was born and raised in the Bronx, went to a multiracial High School most of my best friends are Latino or African American. What about you? HA![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this is directed at me or the Joker, but for the record, which many people know already, I was born and raised in the Bronx as well (Castle Hill section, went to Holy Family Elementary School-J Lo's alma mater--and graduated from Lehman High School) and am Latino.

Regardless, you do have racial issues, which is your perogative. There's absolutely no reason to inject race into this horrible story.

Plus, if your point was about "the shoe being on the other foot," it's really an outdated and ridiculous point to make because it is a pure hypothetical. It's fantasy. There is no way to prove it.

You're just making an assumption based on your own personal biases (we all have them).

Finally, the only people who think that Reverand Al speaks for Black people is White people. When did Black people elect Rev. Al to be their president and official spokesperson. Wasn't Jesse suppose to have that role? So we should believe that all Black people want to cut Obama's nuts off because Obama was talking down to black people for telling them that black men need to be more responsible?
    Last edited by SMC; 07-22-2008 at 12:27 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2638769]I was born and raised in the Bronx, went to a multiracial High School most of my best friends are Latino or African American. What about you? HA![/QUOTE]

So how many times did you get your ass kicked for saying something stupid? or did you hold all your built up racism inside all those years?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2638805]So how many times did you get your ass kicked for saying something stupid? or did you hold all your built up racism inside all those years?[/QUOTE]

A total number of ZIPPO, if you dont know what ZIPPO is it means 0. I am not a closet racist I just see the world thru black and white not rose colored lenses!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knew this guy when i was a kid who's friend mugged a lady outside a mall.
    After it dawned on them that they had mugged a black women they decided
    it was in their best interest to mug a white lady because they were afraid
    the mugging would be labeled a hate crime. The white lady decided her hanging
    onto a moving car was worth what was stolen from her and they were caught.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2638836]A total number of ZIPPO, if you dont know what ZIPPO is it means 0. I am not a closet racist [b]I just see the world thru black and white[/B] not rose colored lenses![/QUOTE]

The world isn't black and white, unless you are color blind. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah? Well, I was born and raised in Sierra Leone, went to an all black school there and ALL of my friends are black militants.

What about you? HA!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a reformed skinhead! HA!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;2638777]There's absolutely no reason to inject race into this horrible story.[/QUOTE]
    Besides the fact that the family was white and the pack of attackers were black. Don't be a buffoon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm white but have a tan. HA!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2638897]Besides the fact that the family was white and the pack of attackers were black. Don't be a buffoon.[/QUOTE]

Those idiots couldn't have just as easily attacked a black family? The attackers couldn't have possibly been white.

This was random violence. Nothing more.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2638906]This was random violence. Nothing more.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it was.

But it IS kinda funny how it's ALWAYS decried as racism when a crime happens to a American of a Certain Range of Skin Tones who May or May Not be of African or Carribean Decent (AoaCRoSTwMoMNboAoCD's).

But when gangs of said AoaCRoSTwMoMNboAoCD's attack a cracker, it's always explained as "random violence with no racial intent whatsoever, in fact to think it might be racist is itself inherantly racist against blacks, bigotboy!"

A little objectivity and rationality on the race issue would be a great first step.