Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antiwar crazies: also HYPOCRITES?!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Antiwar crazies: also HYPOCRITES?!

ANTIWAR HYPOCRITES
    NO MORE 'BRING THE TROOPS HOME'
    Bam: Sending 'em to Afghanistan, not home.

By RALPH PETERS

Posted: 3:46 am
    July 24, 2008

AM I the only one who's noticed the silence? Mere months ago, left-wing bloggers and demonstrators were wailing Support our troops, bring them home! seven days a week.

Now their presidential candidate has announced that he won't bring all those troops home, but will simply transfer combat forces from Iraq to Afghanistan - expanding that war. (He's discussed possibly invading Pakistan, too.)

And the left's quiet as a graveyard at midnight.

Where are the outraged protests from MoveOn or the DailyKos? I thought the extreme left felt sorry for our service members in harm's way and wanted to reunite them with their families.

What happened?

We all know exactly what happened. The left has nothing against foreign wars (as long as they don't have to fight in person). They just want to pick our wars themselves.

The problem with Iraq wasn't that America toppled Saddam Hussein, but that George W. Bush did it. I've been saying it for years: Had Bill Clinton done the job, the left would've celebrated him as the greatest liberator since Abraham Lincoln.

While we're on the subject of Bush-Cheney, am I the only one who's noticed that Sen. Barack Obama's stolen the key pages from their playbook? He refuses to admit any serious mistakes, skips over uncomfortable facts and won't let the media get danger-close.

And it's interesting that, while Obama remains committed to abandoning Iraq for partisan political reasons, he otherwise sounds more aggressive about using force than anyone since Bush's "Bring it on" days.

Those who know nothing of war - and who decline to serve - kind of like a nice little invasion of their own. Forget those pesky human and financial costs - as long as the left can have its own war, war's great!

"Support our troops, bring them home" just may go down as the second-most-cynical slogan in history, right behind Arbeit macht frei.

Now that the (truly base) Democratic base has decided our troops really aren't all that stressed, don't need a break and should move out sharply to fight Obama's wars (before the guy's even elected), I'm starting to feel like a peacenik.

Yes, we could use more combat forces in Afghanistan. And we do have to come to terms with what a senior officer in-country calls "our Pakistan ulcer." But I'm not quite ready to invade Pakistan without weighing the consequences and costs. (Can't we just send Ariana Huffington?)

Those who want war should do their part at some point in their lives - and that doesn't mean sitting in your basement blogging in your underwear at 3 a.m.

So here are three straightforward questions for all the march-in-step lefties who howled, "Support our troops, bring them home!" before their new messiah decided that war's not so bad, after all:

* Given that your candidate acknowledges the need for more combat troops in Afghanistan, will you enlist and do your part? Or do you expect other young Americans to continue to bleed in your place?

* If your man is elected president and orders ground troops into Pakistan - which could lead to a much wider conflict - will you enlist and do your part? We'll need a lot more troops to occupy those badlands.

* If the next president yanks our troops out of Iraq, all the progress disintegrates, Iran moves in and we have to re-invade to clean up the mess, will you enlist and do your part?

I know, I know: Educated people like you are too smart and too important to serve in uniform. The military's for dummies, for losers. Serious players stay home and blog and ***** over double espressos.

Inhabitants of the left-wing blogosphere, have you no shame? Was your pacifism nothing more than a hipster pose? Bush is on the way out - are your principles leaving with him? Have you stopped to wonder if BHO might not be your LBJ?

You told us that "War doesn't change anything," and "War is never the answer." Shouldn't you be lobbying your candidate to give peace a chance?

Shame, shame, shame. You've elevated hypocrisy to an art form.

How about a new slogan: "Support our troops: Enlist!"
    ==============================================

I am shocked; SHOCKED. Agree? Disagree? Need to renew your prescription?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Outrageous. Nice spin. It still is pretty tough to find someone against Afghanistan.

It's hard to believe McCain's advisor feels this way.

I agree people should enlist or start a draft and then evryone will agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama was never really in bed with the far-left MoveOn type of organizations. He is more centrist than people want to characterize him. This is just another example of his ability to defy convention. I personally might not agree with all of his plans but I respect his intelligence and am confident that he will use good judgement in making decisions that are good for the country, as opposed to the last guy who only made decisions that were good for himself and his (rich) friends.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2642772]Obama was never really in bed with the far-left MoveOn type of organizations. He is more centrist than people want to characterize him. [/QUOTE]

Yeah sure. The most liberal, far left Senator in Washington is more centrist than people want to believe....:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama characterizes Afganistan as the "central front in the War on Terror".

So the argument/debates is simple:

--Is Afganistan more or less valid today as a "Front" in the War on Terror than Iraq?

--Is there more for the U.S. to gain from Afganistan than Iraq?

Because be assured, Obama winning does not mean "End of War". Not unless he is a bald-faced liar (on this I do not believe he is). It simply means a shift from Iraq Operations to Afganistan/Pakistan Operation.

And lets be clear, that change was likely to occur under McCain too. Don't let either candidate fool you on that.

I think it's very naive to think (or to have thought) Obama would "bring the troops home".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am will to bet the majority of posters here are quick to ignore this part of the article. Nothing to see here.

[QUOTE]How about a new slogan: "Support our troops: Enlist!" [/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2642826]I am will to bet the majority of posters here are quick to ignore this part of the article. Nothing to see here.[/QUOTE]

Ignore what? I am a mid-30's fat asthmatic with a busted knee. The U.S. Millitary wouldn't take me if I begged.

Which I won't. I freely admit, I have NO interest in enlisting whatsoever. never have, and barring an invastion of the Continental U.S., never will.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I support the troops and I did fight for our country!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also seem to recall the shrill voices on the left saying that Maliki is a puppet of Bush.

Now the supposedely "endorses" Obama's plan for withdrawal, suddenly Maliki is legit?

LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2642772]Obama was never really in bed with the far-left MoveOn type of organizations. He is more centrist than people want to characterize him. This is just another example of his ability to defy convention. I personally might not agree with all of his plans but I respect his intelligence and am confident that he will use good judgement in making decisions that are good for the country, as opposed to the last guy who only made decisions that were good for himself and his (rich) friends.[/QUOTE]

obama??? not in bed with the far-left organizations??? more of a "centrist"?? good judgement???

that is some seriously wild sh!t you smoke...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Peters makes great points yet he ignores the obvious- these "antiwar" folk and their "peace protests" amount to nothing more than an gathering of anybody who holds any and every grudge against America....and while they "protest for peace" they praise the likes of Che', Chavez, Mao, etc....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know a few military contractors that might. :)

[QUOTE=Warfish;2642833]Ignore what? I am a mid-30's fat asthmatic with a busted knee. The U.S. Millitary wouldn't take me if I begged.

Which I won't. I freely admit, I have NO interest in enlisting whatsoever. never have, and barring an invastion of the Continental U.S., never will.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They probably love General Betray-us now too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok then for all those who think Obama is the most liberal senator out there

why the PRO vote on FISA?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you honestly think Moveon.org speaks for everyone you disagree with? Come on now. I don't lump you in with Dean and CBTNY

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2642870]They probably love General Betray-us now too.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He isn't FAR RIGHT and that is why you dislike him. Anyone to the left of you, which is the majority on here are wrong. We get it. PM Dean.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2642850]obama??? not in bed with the far-left organizations??? more of a "centrist"?? good judgement???

that is some seriously wild sh!t you smoke...[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2642862]I know a few military contractors that might. :)[/QUOTE]

I am sure you do.

However, since you do not know what I do for a living today, you have no way of knowing if I am ALREADY serving in some fashion.;)

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2642884]Do you honestly think Moveon.org speaks for everyone you disagree with? Come on now. I don't lump you in with Dean and CBTNY[/QUOTE]

Whenever Big Daddy Soros says sh*t, Hussein squats.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry didn't know you were in the fashion industry.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2642891]I am sure you do.

However, since you do not know what I do for a living today, you have no way of knowing if I am ALREADY serving in some fashion.;)[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, you got it. Soros owns the world and has power and Rove couldn't do anything.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2642892]Whenever Big Daddy Soros says sh*t, Hussein squats.....[/QUOTE]