Thread: Bartman offered $25k for a single autograph

Bartman offered $25k for a single autograph

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...PHCP&GT1=39002

Quote Originally Posted by FoxSports.com

Notorious Cubs fan Bartman could get big pay day

Steve Bartman may have made Cubs fans see red, but he could be seeing some green next week.

SportsBuy.com and the National Sports Collectors Convention have announced that they will offer the Cubs fan $25,000 in cash to simply sign one autograph.

Bartman interfered with a foul ball during Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS at Wrigley Field — a game the Cubs ended up losing. The team then dropped Game 7 — and a shot at the World Series — to the Florida Marlins.

In its announcement on Wednesday, the National Sports Collectors Convention said Bartman would have to show up at the Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill., on July 31, prove his identity, and sign one photo from that infamous incident at Wrigley.

After the picture is signed, the photo will be auctioned off, with the money raised going to a Chicago-based charity.

Of course, the payout and auction will only occur if Bartman shows his face, something the infamous fan has avoided since the incident.

All League
    I've always felt bad for that guy. He did what most people would do, including half the fans in the area during that play. It's not his fault the Cubs choked, again.

There was no way in hell Alou was going to catch that ball.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    That's a loyal fan to give up a free 25 grand

maybe he's got a lot of $$ cause 25 grand right now would be really really hard for me to turn down

Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    That's a loyal fan to give up a free 25 grand

maybe he's got a lot of $$ cause 25 grand right now would be really really hard for me to turn down
    He does well. He works in my girlfriend's dad's company. And, from what I hear, all he wants is to be left alone with that.

The sad thing for the guy is that if you look at the video, every single person in that area was trying to get at the ball. He was just the unlucky bastard that touched it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Know what's weird? I can't find the Bartman video on youtube anywhere.

What a dope. Take the money and run. Might as well take some good out of it. And if some dummy attacks you, you have a lawsuit on your hands to make even more scratch.