Thread: Dodgers interested in Cano

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Dodgers interested in Cano

take it for what its worth

According to the New York Post, the "Dodgers have an interest in Robinson Cano and might be willing to deal Derek Lowe and outfielder Matt Kemp" for him.
    However, the newspaper adds that "the Yankees aren't inclined to part with the red-hot second baseman unless there is a front-of-the-rotation-type starter coming to The Bronx." Cano and the Yankees have been on fire since the All-Star break, so New York parting with him now seems unlikely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    take it for what its worth
    interesting, Guido just posted somthing refering to this in another thread....

I don't think there is any way Cano goes anywhere

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    interesting, Guido just posted somthing refering to this in another thread....

I don't think there is any way Cano goes anywhere
    I would trade Cano/Hughes for Kershaw/Kemp in a NY minute...

The Dodgers would never do that though...Kemp is a 5 tool player much like Beltran who still hasn't hit his stride...Kershaw is a future ace and a certified beast at that...Kershaw and Joba in the same rotation would be ridiculous...

Lowe is a middle of the rotation guy...If you're not picking up a front line starter then trading Cano is not worth it even though i really like Matt Kemp...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... Torre wanting Cano, no really? No deal unless we get a certified front end guy with plenty of years left in the tank. Cano can hit(after the ASBreak) and field at a high level and has plent of years left in him. Yanks keep him and Torre can suck it

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really love Kemp as a player, if we had anything resembling a second basemen to replace Cano I would do this. The upside of Kemp> upside of Cano

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really love Kemp as a player, if we had anything resembling a second basemen to replace Cano I would do this. The upside of Kemp> upside of Cano
    I don't know about that. Cano has tremendous upside, and he'd be putting up his offense as a good defensive second baseman, not a RFer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The value of a good second baseman is way higher than the value of a good corner outfielder.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    The value of a good second baseman is way higher than the value of a good corner outfielder.
    I agree, Im a little biased b/c Kemp is one of the first minor leaguers I actually watched and followed. The kids upside is ridiculous

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I don't know about that. Cano has tremendous upside, and he'd be putting up his offense as a good defensive second baseman, not a RFer.

I think Kemp can handle CF as well which would be huge depending on the Yanks off season plans at RF. I don't think they entertain trading Cano though. I would part with prospects long before that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Combined rumors flying all over the place. This one made me chuckle...

Kemp and Kershaw for Halladay and a player? Yanks flip Cano in a package for Halladay.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, Im a little biased b/c Kemp is one of the first minor leaguers I actually watched and followed. The kids upside is ridiculous
    I feel the same way...

Kemp would be a great fit in Yankee Stadium to since he hits for power the other way and we have that short porch in right...He's much like Derek Jeter with the bat but with more pop and 5 tool players are very hard to come by...

Kemp and Lowe for Cano is not a good move for the Yankees right now...Lowe is not worth the price tag he carries (its a salary dump move for the Dodgers)...Cano's hitting right now is a big reason for why this team is playing so well and i wouldn't mess with that...Plus the last 2 years Cano has been practically the only Yankee hitter to show up in the postseason...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me to trade Cano to the Dodgers, they'd have to give up Russell Martin, Chad Billingsley, and Jonathon Broxton.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Exactly. It's hard to find guys like Cano. A very good defensive second baseman who also is a very good hitter. The guy still has upside as well. No way I make this trade and I believe the Yanks FO feels the same way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatsoff389 View Post
    For me to trade Cano to the Dodgers, they'd have to give up Russell Martin, Chad Billingsley, and Jonathon Broxton.
    I want Kershaw before any of those guys. Not taking anything away from those guys, but Kershaw is just nasty.