Thread: BO cancels trip to see troops in Germany- says visit would be "innapppropriate"!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

BO cancels trip to see troops in Germany- says visit would be "innapppropriate"!!

[QUOTE][B]Obama Scrubs Visit to See Troops in Germany; Says “Inappropriate” Since Campaign Funding European Swing
    July 24, 2008 1:38 PM[/B]

The German magazine Der Spiegel is reporting on line that Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. has “cancelled a planned short visit to the Rammstein and Landstuhl U.S. military bases in the southwest German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The visits were planned for Friday.”

“Barack Obama will not be coming to us,” a spokesperson for the U.S. military hospital in Landstuhl told Der Spiegel. “I don't know why.”

Obama senior adviser Robert Gibbs told us in a statement, “During his trip as part of the CODEL to Afghanistan and Iraq, Senator Obama visited the combat support hospital in the Green Zone in Baghdad and had a number of other visits with the troops. For the second part of his trip, the senator wanted to visit the men and women at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center to express his gratitude for their service and sacrifice. The senator decided out of respect for these servicemen and women that it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign.”

- jpt

UPDATE: The McCain campaign issued the following comment on Obama’s decision to cancel a visit to the troops at Ramstein Air Base and Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany today:

"Barack Obama is wrong. It is never ‘inappropriate’ to visit our men and women in the military," said McCain spokesman Brian Rogers.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/obama-scrubs-vi.html[/url]

this should go over well, just like the genocide comment....

Jets Insider VIP
    Still...a lot better than the current a**hole in the White House that uses troops as props.

Look at me! I'm standing in front of troops. I be way more patrio-tastic than you troop hating liberals. Freedom. He-he...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2643931]Still...a lot better than the current a**hole in the White House that uses troops as props.

Look at me! I'm standing in front of troops. I be way more patrio-tastic than you troop hating liberals. Freedom. He-he...[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with Bush.

Hussein will not meet with troops but he would meet with Ahmadinejad.

Liberals should be ashamed.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2643931]Still...a lot better than the current a**hole in the White House that uses troops as props.

Look at me! I'm standing in front of troops. I be way more patrio-tastic than you troop hating liberals. Freedom. He-he...[/QUOTE]bush bush bush...you have bush on the brain...lol...

Look at me! I'm standing in front of troops. I be way more patrio-tastic than you troop hating liberals. Freedom. He-he...[/QUOTE]

And in defense of every knock against Obama, here's what we can expect for the next 4-8 years, "Still better than that last a**hole in the White House." :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=pauliec;2643965]And in defense of every knock against Obama, here's what we can expect for the next 4-8 years, "Still better than that last a**hole in the White House." :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

from the same people who whine if you dare bring up the name "clinton"....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2643931]Still...a lot better than the current [B]a**hole [/B]in the White House that uses troops as props.

Someone didn't read the new TOS sticky.:tsk:

[quote=pauliec;2643965]And in defense of every knock against Obama, here's what we can expect for the next 4-8 years, "Still better than that last a**hole in the White House." :rolleyes:[/quote]

Sounds like the reaction to most criticisms of Bush from some, come to think of it

flushingjet
    [quote=PlumberKhan;2643931]Still...a lot better than the current a**hole in the White House that uses troops as props.

Look at me! I'm standing in front of troops. I be way more patrio-tastic than you troop hating liberals. Freedom. He-he...[/quote]

if mccain visits jails and detox/rehab/psychiatric centers would you like him better?

what if he listens to Rammstein while visiting Ramstein, would that get your vote

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2643955]This has nothing to do with Bush.
    [B]
    Hussein will not meet with troops but he would meet with Ahmadinejad.[/B]

Liberals should be ashamed.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, he just met troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. And got quit an ovation, i must add

All Pro
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2644117]Uhhh, he just met troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. And got quit an ovation, i must add[/QUOTE]

DeanPatsFan obviously doesn't bother to read. That might cramp his hysterical knee-jerk attacks. Anyone who would post a thread like this in the first place is simply out to lunch. These characters don't even check what they're posting, just use it to find some assinine reason to crow like chickens. What a bore....:zzz:

[B]Hussein[/B] will not meet with troops but he would meet with Ahmadinejad.

Mods: Please move this comment to the "I'm with Hitler" thread. Thanks.

Veteran
    I don't understand why he thinks it inappropriate. That said, I don't think it's a bit deal at all.

All Pro

Hussein will not meet with troops but he would meet with Ahmadinejad.

Well, the news tells us it was the Pentagon who wouldn't allow Obama to meet with the troops. But don't let that stop you from your usual mudslinging silliness....

[I]From the Chicago Sun-Times:

Pentagon tells Obama not to visit U.S. troops at German base because it would be too political
    By Lynn Sweeton July 25, 2008 4:54 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

BERLIN--A scheduled visit by presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) with U.S. troops Friday at a military base in Rammstein, Germany was cancelled because the Pentagon told the campaign it would look too political.

Obama and his campaign entrourage--press, staff and security--was to have flown to Rammstein this morning before heading to Paris to meet with President Nicolas Sarkozy at the Elysee Palace. After the afternoon meeting and press conference, it is wheels up to London.

Though the Rammstein visit had been planned for days, Obama senior strategist David Axelrod said that that Pentagon notified an Obama military advisor only yesterday or the day before that he should not come.

The Pentagon "viewed this as a campaign event and therefore they said he should not come," Axelrod said. Obama has been at the base in previous overseas trips. He visited with troops--even played basketball--when he touched down in Kuwait during the Iraq and Afghanistan leg of his swing. [/I]

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2645083]Well, the news tells us it was the Pentagon who wouldn't allow Obama to meet with the troops. But don't let that stop you from your usual mudslinging silliness....

Pentagon tells Obama not to visit U.S. troops at German base because it would be too political
    By Lynn Sweeton July 25, 2008 4:54 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

BERLIN--A scheduled visit by presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) with U.S. troops Friday at a military base in Rammstein, Germany was cancelled because the Pentagon told the campaign it would look too political.

Obama and his campaign entrourage--press, staff and security--was to have flown to Rammstein this morning before heading to Paris to meet with President Nicolas Sarkozy at the Elysee Palace. After the afternoon meeting and press conference, it is wheels up to London.

Though the Rammstein visit had been planned for days, Obama senior strategist David Axelrod said that that Pentagon notified an Obama military advisor only yesterday or the day before that he should not come.

The Pentagon "viewed this as a campaign event and therefore they said he should not come," Axelrod said. Obama has been at the base in previous overseas trips. He visited with troops--even played basketball--when he touched down in Kuwait during the Iraq and Afghanistan leg of his swing. [/I][/QUOTE]

Ummm Wrong....

[QUOTE]From NBC's Jim Miklaszewski and Courtney Kube
    A U.S. military official tells NBC News they were making preparations for Sen. Barack Obama to visit wounded troops at the Landstuhl Medical Center at Ramstein, Germany on Friday, but "for some reason the visit was called off."

One military official who was working on the Obama visit said because political candidates are prohibited from using military installations as campaign backdrops, [b]Obama's representatives were told, "he could only bring two or three of his Senate staff member, no campaign officials or workers." In addition,
    "Obama could not bring any media. Only military photographers would be permitted to record Obama's visit."[/b]

The official said "We didn't know why" the request to visit the wounded troops was withdrawn. "He (Obama) was more than welcome. We were all ready for him."

[/QUOTE]

He couldn't bring the media so it wasn't a good enough opportunity for a
    photo op.

What a guy that Hussein is......

[QUOTE=Sharrow;2644695]I don't understand why he thinks it inappropriate. That said, I don't think it's a bit deal at all.[/QUOTE]

"inappropriate" is PC for "waste of time b/c no media allowed for photo-ops to enhance my presidential image"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2645083]Well, the news tells us it was the Pentagon who wouldn't allow Obama to meet with the troops. But don't let that stop you from your usual mudslinging silliness....

[B]Pentagon tells Obama not to visit U.S. troops at German base because it would be too political
    By Lynn Sweeton July 25, 2008 4:54 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) [/B]

[B]Though the Rammstein visit had been planned for days, Obama senior strategist David Axelrod said that that Pentagon notified an Obama military advisor only yesterday or the day before [I]that he should not come[/I].[/B]

The Pentagon "viewed this as a campaign event and therefore they said he should not come," Axelrod said. Obama has been at the base in previous overseas trips. He visited with troops--even played basketball--when he touched down in Kuwait during the Iraq and Afghanistan leg of his swing. [/I][/QUOTE]

seems like Lynn Sweeton of the ChiComTimes made sure she covered all her basis on this one....oops....

[QUOTE][B]Pentagon tells Obama aide a visit to U.S. base in Germany would be seen as political
    By Lynn Sweeton July 25, 2008 4:54 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) [/B]

BERLIN--A scheduled visit by presumptive Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) with U.S. troops Friday at a military base in Rammstein, Germany was canceled after the Pentagon told the campaign it would look too political.

[B]Though the Rammstein visit had been long planned, Obama senior strategist David Axelrod said that the Pentagon notified Obama military advisor Scott Gration just before the visit that it could be portrayed as political. [SIZE="4"]In light of that, the campaign decided to pull the event[/SIZE].[/B]

Obama has been at the base in previous overseas trips. He visited with troops--even played basketball--when he touched down in Kuwait during the Iraq and Afghanistan leg of his swing.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/07/pentagon_tells_obama_not_to_vi.html[/url]

as I stated previously.....stoopid is as stoopid does...onward and forward obama disciple.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 07-25-2008 at 10:35 PM.