Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: I'm a Yankee fan, and I hate A-Rod

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    I'm a Yankee fan, and I hate A-Rod

    I never liked him on the team from the start but every year it gets worse and worse. I'm at the point where it effects how much I can watch and root for the team. This is where baseball is different for me than football, maybe due to the amount of players etc...but I'm just not as into the Yanks as I use to be. It started the day they let Pettitte go, to go after Sheffield. That bothered me. But now it's just about how much I really don't like A-Rod. And trust me, I've tried.

    There, got that off my chest. Thanks!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's gonna be a rough decade for you buddy

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you may be the in the minority. I believe that most Yankees fans have come to accept him as "one of our own."

    Personally, I am glad to have him on my team.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    I think you may be the in the minority. I believe that most Yankees fans have come to accept him as "one of our own."

    Personally, I am glad to have him on my team.
    yup I've always liked the guy, I mean he is the best player in the game and he is playing 3rd base for the NYY what else could you ask for

  5. #5
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like him too. He's a little neurotic and always seems to have the media breaking another big "story", but he's got a great bat and he plays hard in the field. I love him at third base just as much as I do at the plate.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    I think you may be the in the minority. I believe that most Yankees fans have come to accept him as "one of our own."

    Personally, I am glad to have him on my team.
    I definitely am. None the less everything about him bothers me. And it bothers me that it bothers me. I feel like i've tried to like him, but it just doesn't work.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I definitely am. None the less everything about him bothers me. And it bothers me that it bothers me. I feel like i've tried to like him, but it just doesn't work.
    you havent really stated exactly why you hate the guy. i do like him. and he will be among the baseball gods when his career is done.

    I do think he needs to use his noodle more when it comes to his personal life, not cause i care, but to stay out of the papers. sorta like Jeter.

    but dont know why u hate him. strong words

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    I probably read to much into clubhouse karma etc, but I think he's a primadonna cancer who is too overrated defensively and still hasn't separated himself as an elite hitter in the clutch. I personally think he's overpaid and not a winner but an exceptional talent with no guts. I can't stand the stern, fake look he always has on his face. I question his passion for the game and I think he's a phony. I don't like him on the team I root for.

    Does that help?

    I kind of think most fans feel that they have no choice but to except him, with the contract, and I can completely understand that.

    But it is almost near impossible and a total struggle to root for him. It will be a weird, ironic feeling if he ever actually hits a game winning run for a World Series or something, as, of course I'll be happy, but not with the same gratitude...I think.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    ................It will be a weird, ironic feeling if he ever actually hits a game winning run for a World Series or something, as, of course I'll be happy, but not with the same gratitude...I think.

    you got serious problems dude

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I probably read to much into clubhouse karma etc, but I think he's a primadonna cancer who is too overrated defensively and still hasn't separated himself as an elite hitter in the clutch. I personally think he's overpaid and not a winner but an exceptional talent with no guts. I can't stand the stern, fake look he always has on his face. I question his passion for the game and I think he's a phony. I don't like him on the team I root for.

    Does that help?

    I kind of think most fans feel that they have no choice but to except him, with the contract, and I can completely understand that.

    But it is almost near impossible and a total struggle to root for him. It will be a weird, ironic feeling if he ever actually hits a game winning run for a World Series or something, as, of course I'll be happy, but not with the same gratitude...I think.

    Nothing weird about that at all.....it's called honesty. Despite his many personal shortcomings (he's a classic a narcissist)- he doesnt have the intestinal (or moral) fortitude to come up big in the clutch. Jeter does...O'Neill, Tino, Brosius did...Rivera & Posada do...all easy guys to root for, too. Sheffield (very similar to Arod) didn't have it. Arod is not a winner, & never has been....never will be. Look at the teams he's played for- ask the players on those teams if he was a good teammate. I think you'll get a consistent answer. Blind & arrogant Yankee fans dont get it- Nice job calling them out on this one. And dont worry, you'll be proven right, year after year with this guy. Because the only thing he's been consistent with is coming up small when it counts. Great post...

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    you got serious problems dude
    Just being dead honest here.It will be something you wouldn't even see but somewhere in the back of my mind I would be saying, jeez, I kinda wish somebody else hit that ball, probably a good 15-20 minutes after celebrating.

    Seriously, ARod is a douche, I unfortunately see no way around it.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I never liked him on the team from the start but every year it gets worse and worse. I'm at the point where it effects how much I can watch and root for the team. This is where baseball is different for me than football, maybe due to the amount of players etc...but I'm just not as into the Yanks as I use to be. It started the day they let Pettitte go, to go after Sheffield. That bothered me. But now it's just about how much I really don't like A-Rod. And trust me, I've tried.

    There, got that off my chest. Thanks!
    What gets worse and worse?

    One more question, did you like Babe Ruth?

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Just being dead honest here.It will be something you wouldn't even see but somewhere in the back of my mind I would be saying, jeez, I kinda wish somebody else hit that ball, probably a good 15-20 minutes after celebrating.

    Seriously, ARod is a douche, I unfortunately see no way around it.
    dude i totally agree with you.very hard to root for him.maybe someday when he comes thru in the clutch i'll feel differently

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Just being dead honest here.It will be something you wouldn't even see but somewhere in the back of my mind I would be saying, jeez, I kinda wish somebody else hit that ball, probably a good 15-20 minutes after celebrating.

    Seriously, ARod is a douche, I unfortunately see no way around it.
    Why is he a douche?

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't blame anyone for not liking A-Rod. He obviously has some issues despite being incredibly talented. And, the fact that he seems to need to figure out how to be liked, instead of just being himself (something I do think he's been a lot better about starting in ST 2007, although it comes and goes), can annoy people I'm sure.

    Saying that, he plays the game the right way, he is, as far as we know, a natural, and he's a fun player to watch.

    End of the story, he's ours. Love him or hate him, he's a Yankee, he's going to go in the HOF as a Yankee, he will always be remembered as a Yankee, and, hopefully, he'll have at least one, if not a few, Yankee WS rings. And if you are a real Yankee fan, you're going to have to accept that.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    dude i totally agree with you.very hard to root for him.maybe someday when he comes thru in the clutch i'll feel differently
    Honest question. Did you watch the 2007 Yankee season? Did you watch the 2004 Yankee playoff series against the Twins?

    The problem for A-Rod is that whenever he hits a HR when the Yankees are ahead or behind by a good amount, he gets grief by a certain amount of Yankee fans about it. Not one other player in all of baseball gets that, and I guarantee you every other player has as many RBI's in those kind of situations. When Jeter hit his HR the other day against the Twins with the Yankees up big, his name was chanted. If it had been A-Rod, probably around 15% of Yankee fans would have said, "there's another meaningless HR." 2 years ago, it would have been 50%. It's a bit absurd.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I can't blame anyone for not liking A-Rod. He obviously has some issues despite being incredibly talented. And, the fact that he seems to need to figure out how to be liked, instead of just being himself (something I do think he's been a lot better about starting in ST 2007, although it comes and goes), can annoy people I'm sure.

    Saying that, he plays the game the right way, he is, as far as we know, a natural, and he's a fun player to watch.

    End of the story, he's ours. Love him or hate him, he's a Yankee, he's going to go in the HOF as a Yankee, he will always be remembered as a Yankee, and, hopefully, he'll have at least one, if not a few, Yankee WS rings. And if you are a real Yankee fan, you're going to have to accept that.
    Good Post JWF, and I agree with your final statement, but it's always more fun to root for your team when you can appreciate and like the players, and I miss that i guess.



    For the record here, I was never one of the booing A Rod bandwagon fans...but I sincerely do not and have never liked rooting for him.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What gets worse and worse?

    One more question, did you like Babe Ruth?
    What, when I was minus 50?

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Good Post JWF, and I agree with your final statement, but it's always more fun to root for your team when you can appreciate and like the players, and I miss that i guess.



    For the record here, I was never one of the booing A Rod bandwagon fans...but I sincerely do not and have never liked rooting for him.
    I don't disagree, but you don't appreciate A-Rod? I don't know if I appreciate him so much as I enjoy that he does a lot of things right. He is a true 5 tool player. I love watching him hit a monster HR one game and then having him steal 2nd base the next (and practically never be caught stealing). And then in the next inning he'll show a great arm throwing someone out (although he's not a great fielding third baseman).

    Booing any Yankee is stupid IMO. If you want the team to win, you probably shouldn't boo any of the players on the team.

    Anyways, hopefully he hits a big HR in the WS sometime soon and we win it. I think we could all be happy then.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post

    Booing any Yankee is stupid IMO. If you want the team to win, you probably shouldn't boo any of the players on the team.

    Anyways, hopefully he hits a big HR in the WS sometime soon and we win it. I think we could all be happy then.
    Big thumbs up there JW. None the less I think A Rod's a douche and I hate having to root for him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us