Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ian Kennedy has a no-no after 6 innings

Ian Kennedy has a no-no after 6 innings

To bad it's in AAA

Didn't he do something like this last year?

All Pro
    why can't this guy pitch in the bigs????

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Not that I can recall.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-24-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I think you meant the game in I think it was May after he was sent down and then pitched like 8 1/3 scoreless. My question though is that if Kennedy is healthy enough to pitch in AAA, why can't he pitch in the Bronx instead of Rasner or Ponson, certaintly he has more upside.

No-no over after 6.2.. I guess i jinxed him

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I think you meant the game in I think it was May after he was sent down and then pitched like 8 1/3 scoreless. My question though is that if Kennedy is healthy enough to pitch in AAA, why can't he pitch in the Bronx instead of Rasner or Ponson, certaintly he has more upside.
    Yankees are making him earn his way back, he didn't pitch to well after he returned from injury, but his last fews outings have been great..

AAAA pitcher it seems like. Dominates that AAA ball but didn't do too great this year. Too early to make a determination though.

Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    The guy had 50 or so major league innings under his belt, AAA - MLB is the big big jump, he needs more time to adjust to the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The guy had 50 or so major league innings under his belt, AAA - MLB is the big big jump, he needs more time to adjust to the majors.
    A guy like him, you gotta keep giving him starts and ride out the bad times before he comes into his own.

7 IP- 1 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 7 K

Here is how the run scored.

-Barbaro Canizares reaches on fielding error by second baseman Chris Basak.

-Scott Thorman doubles (18) on a line drive to right fielder Gregory Porter. Barbaro Canizares scores

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    A guy like him, you gotta keep giving him starts and ride out the bad times before he comes into his own.

that's tough to do as a yankee.

Chris Basak you suck! I now call you Chris Ballsak

Ian Kennedy is an inning away from a seven-inning no-hitter for AAA Scranton.

He has six strikeouts and no walks. Two runners have reached on errors. It’s the second game of a doubleheader.
    Defense costs Kennedy a no-hitter

Needing one out to finish his no-hitter, Ian Kennedy got Richmond’s Barbaro Canizares to ground to second base.
    Forget it. Chris Basak’s second error of the night extended the game. Scott Thorman then cracked an RBI double to tie the score 1-1.
    Kennedy has pitched very well of late (9 ER in his last 33.1 innings) and could be getting back in the mix.

t does seem like Kennedy is going to need more time and experience in the bigs....he does seem to be a guy who should make it....but I doubt he was ever really projected to be a starter on the level of Hughes or Joba....

his stuff isn't electric enough to blow people away...so he sort of has to become a thinking mans pitcher...changing location and speed....

so...who knows..

I think he was a overrated due to his great start last year....

Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post

my guess is Kennedy will be a very effective big league pitcher....he has aton of talent, he just needs some time to hone it. The Yankees are doing a good job with him. He'll be a good pro...like Pelfrey.......patience.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    AAAA pitcher it seems like. Dominates that AAA ball but didn't do too great this year. Too early to make a determination though.
    Are you joking? He's a 23 year old kid that went from A ball to the majors last year and was clearly not ready for the majors this year. The only reason he was in the majors is because he pitched pretty well in 20 innings last year. In reality, he should have started this year in AAA and probably spent the full season there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    1. He does have more upside, but he was drafted because there was a very good chance he would be a ML starter. Not because he has tremendous upside. The thinking on him that if everything goes great, he'll be a #3, but at the worst, he'll be a #4.

2. And although he has more upside, this year both Rasner and Ponson are pitching relatively well and there's no reason to take either one out of the rotation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Are you joking? He's a 23 year old kid that went from A ball to the majors last year and was clearly not ready for the majors this year. The only reason he was in the majors is because he pitched pretty well in 20 innings last year. In reality, he should have started this year in AAA and probably spent the full season there.
    He did this this year already I'm just saying that I hope he's not one of these AAAA pitchers. I'll be honest, I think out of the 3 we wanted up he seems to have the weakest mental make up, Hughes and Joba seem more "mentally" tough. I dunno guess what, I want him to succeed. I'm just a little more... reserved with my optimism for him.

He did this this year already I'm just saying that I hope he's not one of these AAAA pitchers. I'll be honest, I think out of the 3 we wanted up he seems to have the weakest mental make up, Hughes and Joba seem more "mentally" tough. I dunno guess what, I want him to succeed. I'm just a little more... reserved with my optimism for him.
    To me, there's no doubt he will be a successful ML starter. He won't be anything great, but he'll be a fine pitcher. He's 23 years old that went from A ball to pitching in front of 55,000 people at YS with a ton of pressure on him. Give him some time.

Much, much too early too make that assumption. The kid needs some time to learn and adjust to the majors. He's not garbage. Things went bad for him up here early in the season and he didn't know how to handle it.