Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An issue I'd like to see addressed

[QUOTE=piney;2651394]lower your prices.....

yeesh....just because you are American doesn't mean you have the right to charge me $350 for 15 minutes of work......

I mean...hey..I would love to never use an illegal (I can't say that I have or haven't, but if I were to hazzard a guess about my landscaper and the guy who is painting my house....well....)

I need to save money too....

free market..

blah blah blah...[/QUOTE]

Oh, come on, Piney. I'm not talking about $350.00/15min.
    Do you think that $23.00 or $24.00/hr for a 30 year journeymen carpenter is alot? I don't.

You can't lower your price to compete in a market full of illegal help who don't mind making $5.00 -$8.00/hr. You just can't. This isn't McDonald's entry lever help. These are people who honed a craft and are being under cut by help that has no concept of a fair wage and are not legal.
    I think American workers deserve to be protected from lawbreakers. Don't you.

True story.
    One of my customers was complaining that her son had to fold his business of 10+ years because of the undercutting of pricing influenced by illegals. He couldn't pay his bills on what he was making anymore. Looking over her shoulder what do I see. About 6 or 7 Mexicans floundering under the direction of 1 American. Oh boy, I'll bet those hardwood floors look great. Where's your son working now. Saved yourself a bundle.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2651387]People aim this talk at hispanics, because hispanics make up the vast majority of our illegal immigrant population. But you cannot handle that kind of fact, so you make up straw men arguments about phantom illegal chinese, and then you give him a strawman friend by claiming that those angry with illegal immigration are just anti-mexican racists who would let everyone else BUT the mexicans in, no worries.

But yep, thats it, we're all just evil racist whiteys. So tell us MBG, what DOES a membership card to La Raza look like?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

it looks like my asswhole, come take a peek-a-boo

this is the typical end around from someone that cant face facts, sorry my big friend but it's true or it wouldn't have touched a nerve
    Last edited by Mean Bro Green; 07-28-2008 at 02:30 PM.

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2651595]this is the typical end around from someone that cant face facts, sorry my big friend but it's true or it wouldn't have touched a nerve[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]hispanics make up the vast majority of our illegal immigrant population[/QUOTE]

sorry my friend but it's true or it wouldn't have touched a nerve.

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2651356]what are we talking about here? If we are talking about skilled licensed plumbers, electricians, contractors, etc then the only way these tradesmen can be cut out is by illegal hiring of unqualified workers, and guess what they are being hired my Americans not illegals so where is the problem really?[/QUOTE]

The problem is with people coming here illegally, being here illegally and being hired here illegally.
    The problem is with not having a secure border where people can't come here illegally.
    The problem is that they are driving down American wages.
    The problem is that the law is not being enforced.
    The problem is that some Americans would rather worry about people who are breaking the law instead of Americans whose wages are being driven down or whose jobs are being lost.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2651726]The problem is with people coming here illegally, being here illegally and being hired here illegally.
    The problem is with not having a secure border where people can't come here illegally.
    The problem is that they are driving down American wages.
    The problem is that the law is not being enforced.
    The problem is that some Americans would rather worry about people who are breaking the law instead of Americans whose wages are being driven down or whose jobs are being lost.[/QUOTE]

it's like this bro, one year on Thanksgiving we left the turkey on the counter and didn't push it back and the dogs ate it, the whole cooked turkey

we enabled them to do what they did by failing to protect our bird

who's at fault?

the bird?

the dog?

or he who left the bird vulnerable???

this country has left the bird available and vulnerable for many many years and makes no efforts to protect it. This is either by stupidity or by apathy and I claim its apathy because it could be done if so desired, its just not desired, yet they claim to want to correct the problem. Even after the tragedy of 9-11 where you would think their hands would be forced to correct the problem ....nothing was done. Anyone *****ing at this point is a glutton for punishment because this country-not just this administration -couldn't care less. It's all lip service.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2651688]sorry my friend but it's true or it wouldn't have touched a nerve.[/QUOTE]

it touched your nerves bro, not mine. I don't dispute that the majority are LATINOS (what is a hispanic?) that doesn't mean that there isn't underlying racial resentment underneath, denying that makes you seem less intelligent than you are

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2651835]it touched your nerves bro, not mine. I don't dispute that the majority are LATINOS (what is a hispanic?) that doesn't mean that there isn't underlying racial resentment underneath, denying that makes you seem less intelligent than you are[/QUOTE]

Lowest Argument of the Intellectually Defeated: Blame Everything on Racism.

And it clearly touched your nerves plenty.

There is nothing racist about wanting to enfore immigration laws.

There is nothing racist about wanting to control who comes in to your nation.

Denying that makes you seem like a supporter of illegal immigration, someone who puts his personal ethnicity ahead of whats good for the Country and it's citizens.

[QUOTE]what is a hispanic? [/QUOTE]

Courtesy of Wikipedia: [B][U]Hispanic[/U][/B] (Spanish: hispano, hispánico; Portuguese: hispânico; Latin: Hispānus, adjective from Hispānia, the Roman name for the Iberian Peninsula) is a term that historically denoted relation to the ancient Hispania (geographically coinciding with the Iberian peninsula; modern day Spain, Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar) and/or to its pre-Roman peoples.

The term is now confined to refer to the culture and people of Spain plus the Spanish-speaking countries of Hispanic America. Additionally, countries or regions with a historical legacy from Spain, including the Southwestern United States and Florida; the African nations of Equatorial Guinea, Western Sahara and the Northern coastal region of Morocco; the Asia-Pacific nations of the Philippines, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands; may be considered to be a part of the Hispanosphere.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2651869]Lowest Argument of the Intellectually Defeated: Blame Everything on Racism.

And it clearly touched your nerves plenty.

There is nothing racist about wanting to enfore immigration laws.

There is nothing racist about wanting to control who comes in to your nation.

Denying that makes you seem like a supporter of illegal immigration, someone who puts his personal ethnicity ahead of whats good for the Country and it's citizens.

Courtesy of Wikipedia: [B][U]Hispanic[/U][/B] (Spanish: hispano, hispánico; Portuguese: hispânico; Latin: Hispānus, adjective from Hispānia, the Roman name for the Iberian Peninsula) is a term that historically denoted relation to the ancient Hispania (geographically coinciding with the Iberian peninsula; modern day Spain, Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar) and/or to its pre-Roman peoples.

The term is now confined to refer to the culture and people of Spain plus the Spanish-speaking countries of Hispanic America. Additionally, countries or regions with a historical legacy from Spain, including the Southwestern United States and Florida; the African nations of Equatorial Guinea, Western Sahara and the Northern coastal region of Morocco; the Asia-Pacific nations of the Philippines, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands; may be considered to be a part of the Hispanosphere.[/QUOTE]

you're dead wrong brother. Blaming everything on racism is weak for sure. If that is what you think I have done then you're fishing. What I have said time and again is that there is some racist intent behind the issue and there is, period. Is it completely that? Certainly not, have I EVER said that, certainly not?

You can keep saying it over and over but it wont make it so. You're probably one of those guys that thinks its hard to be white nowadays huh? LMAO. come on bro-man. It may not be your issue but there's no way you can tell me that there aren't people on your side of the fence that just hates these people because they're Mexican, period. The most vocal of your group probably feel that way my friend. I never accused any individual of feeling that way and certainly not you.

and for the record, Hispanic people come from Spain, my people most certainly don't. You probably don't care but it's a fact.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=piney;2651394]lower your prices.....

yeesh....just because you are American doesn't mean you have the right to charge me $350 for 15 minutes of work......

I mean...hey..I would love to never use an illegal (I can't say that I have or haven't, but if I were to hazzard a guess about my landscaper and the guy who is painting my house....well....)

I need to save money too....

free market..

blah blah blah...[/QUOTE]

Hey Piney, you unAmerican freak :P

Do you want to see my list price book? That 350/15 minute call? I don't make any money. You would cr*p your pants if you saw how much I'm paying for material.

But go ahead. Hire the mexican plumber. But when something he does ends up breaking...good luck getting him to come back to warranty his work. You may pay a few more bucks for me...but I'll answer my phone @ 2:30 am when the heat system I fixed breaks again.

What kind of a car do you have?

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2651907]you're dead wrong brother. Blaming everything on racism is weak for sure. If that is what you think I have done then you're fishing. What I have said time and again is that there is some racist intent behind the issue and there is, period. Is it completely that? Certainly not, have I EVER said that, certainly not?[/quote]

I think you lend it more credence that appropriate and do so as a defense mechanism, yes. I do not agree that racism is a major factor in the push for immigration reform and enforcement.

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2651907]You can keep saying it over and over but it wont make it so. You're probably one of those guys that thinks its hard to be white nowadays huh? LMAO. come on bro-man. It may not be your issue but there's no way you can tell me that there aren't people on your side of the fence that just hates these people because they're Mexican, period. The most vocal of your group probably feel that way my friend. I never accused any individual of feeling that way and certainly not you.[/quote]

And some of the biggest racists I've heard speak were.....wait for it.....members of La Raza and other "Illegal Rights" Organizations. In many cases these groups actively and openly promote "takign back the Southeast" for Mexico and kicking out the whites".

Every side of every issue has racisists my friend. The question is what percentage of those arguing a position are doing so out of racism. As stated above, I disagree that racists make up the large percentage of enforcement fans that you seem to think.

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2651907]and for the record, Hispanic people come from Spain, my people most certainly don't. You probably don't care but it's a fact.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's not that I don't care, it just makes no difference to me what is the term of the week for whatever race feels their terminology needs to change. The term Hispanic has been generally used to describe (as the article states) anyone from "the Spanish-speaking countries of Hispanic America. Additionally, countries or regions with a historical legacy from Spain". If you say that doesn't include you, so be it. I'm not here to worry about terminology. But I assure you, the term Hispanic has and is used to cover far more than simply "people from Spain".

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Our border patrol agents should be authorized -- no, [I]ordered [/I]-- to open fire to protect our borders.