Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Who will stay?.. who will be going...?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will stay?.. who will be going...?

I think it is safe to say that there are several unpredictable scenarios which can take place as far as the Knicks trade market. Players like Zach Randolph, Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, David Lee, and even Eddy Curry can possibly end up in the trade mix.

Lets just assume that the Knicks have preferred to sit after the signing of Duhon, and Roberson, only because they have isolated possible trade scenarios. Scenarios that can see us getting some serious help in a trade for a Randolph. Can the Knicks afford to sign David Lee to a Long term contract next year? Probably not. Thus to trade now for the future is not a bad idea. I liked Andray Blatche from Washington. He is a young talent who is about to make a splash on the scene. Would Washington do a deal for Randolph? Maybe Detroit would jump in him. Would Miami or Boston Deal for Marbury? Maybe Italy would jump on him, hell Euroleague is getting ready to be a Fad. Maybe networks will start televising their games if enough NBA players were in it. I actually like Crawford, and would prefer to keep him, but if I had to include him in a deal, it would have to be for maybe a pure shooter, like Gordon of Chicago. I know, I know, he is only 6-1, but his shot is the truth. Kind of like a younger more athletic Steve Kerr. Thing is, would Chicago want Crawford back? or maybe we would send Lee to them instead. The scenarios are unlimited and can take many shapes in the coming months. I tust that this will be one of the most monumental offseasons in Knicks history, since the trading of Patrick Ewing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Shepherd View Post
    I think it is safe to say that there are several unpredictable scenarios which can take place as far as the Knicks trade market. Players like Zach Randolph, Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, David Lee, and even Eddy Curry can possibly end up in the trade mix.

Lets just assume that the Knicks have preferred to sit after the signing of Duhon, and Roberson, only because they have isolated possible trade scenarios. Scenarios that can see us getting some serious help in a trade for a Randolph. Can the Knicks afford to sign David Lee to a Long term contract next year? Probably not. Thus to trade now for the future is not a bad idea. I liked Andray Blatche from Washington. He is a young talent who is about to make a splash on the scene. Would Washington do a deal for Randolph? Maybe Detroit would jump in him. Would Miami or Boston Deal for Marbury? Maybe Italy would jump on him, hell Euroleague is getting ready to be a Fad. Maybe networks will start televising their games if enough NBA players were in it. I actually like Crawford, and would prefer to keep him, but if I had to include him in a deal, it would have to be for maybe a pure shooter, like Gordon of Chicago. I know, I know, he is only 6-1, but his shot is the truth. Kind of like a younger more athletic Steve Kerr. Thing is, would Chicago want Crawford back? or maybe we would send Lee to them instead. The scenarios are unlimited and can take many shapes in the coming months. I tust that this will be one of the most monumental offseasons in Knicks history, since the trading of Patrick Ewing.
    It's a monumental off-season b/c we finally have a real GM instead of an inept idiot like Scott Layden or Isiah Thomas.

I have to believe that the FO has no intention of having Marbury play for this team next season. Teams that get rid of Marbury and replace him with a pass-first PG have excellent improvement in the following season. Obviously Duhon isn't Jason Kidd or Steve Nash but he will make this a much better team. Unlike Steph and Nate Duhon can actually set up an offense and he plays defense.

David Lee is a tricky scenario. From the looks of things they're going to try to trade him rather than lock him up in a contract. If you want to get Lebron/Bosh/Amare these are the sacrifices you have to make.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Now That Balkman is gone...

I suspect that they are going to try to get rid of Jerome James, and maybe even find a creative way to get rid of Zach Randolph. What is horrible is that Eddy Curry's style of play does not fit in with this offensive system. Look at the big men in the olympics. Guys like Lebron are playing big. Guys like Bosh, and Howard are there...guys that can run up and down the floor. As of right now, I am not sure Curry would fit the mold. They may even move Jefferson to the C/PF position. I think we are better off resigning David Lee and having him start at the C/PF. Unfortunately I doubt it will happen. Lee may very well be packed with others to continue the facelift.