Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casey Blake to the Dodgers

Casey Blake to the Dodgers

Are the Mets going to make any moves????

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3506150

The Cleveland Indians traded third baseman/outfielder Casey Blake and cash to the Los Angeles Dodgers for two minor leaguers on Saturday.

"Casey Blake is a gamer," Dodgers GM Ned Colletti said. "His experience and character will be a plus as we head down the stretch in the final two months of the regular season."

The Indians received minor league catcher Carlos Santana and right-handed pitcher Jon Meloan. Santana is hitting .323, with 14 homers, for Inland Empire, in the Class A California League. The hard-throwing Meloan is 5-10, with a 4.97 ERA, at Triple-A Las Vegas -- but has piled up 335 strikeouts in only 262 innings in his minor league career.

With the trade of Xavier Nady to the Yankees on Friday, Blake was possibly the most highly sought-after bat on the market. Other teams that pursued Blake included the Rays, Mets and Phillies.

Those three teams would have played Blake in the outfield. But with the trade completed, he'll become the Dodgers' everyday third baseman, replacing slumping rookies Blake DeWitt and Andy LaRoche.

Blake, who can be a free agent after this season, was batting .289 for the Indians, with 11 homers, 58 RBIs and a .398 average with runners in scoring position.

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Are the Mets going to make any moves????

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3506150
    not at these prices

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    not at these prices
    then be prepared for another late season collapse......

you can prepare yourself for that, im not. If church comes back, i like our chances against anybody in the league. The talent has been there since 06, the attitude and play hasnt since last july, i think its back and until they prove m wrong im gonna ride this wave.

If you really think Casey ****in blake is the difference between a playoff berth and golfing, there isnt much i could tell you

All Pro
    I am.

I have batteries, candles, bottled water, and canned food.

What else do I need for the natural disaster known as the collapse?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    I am.

I have batteries, candles, bottled water, and canned food.

What else do I need for the natural disaster known as the collapse?

You're always welcome to join a winning program...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

You're always welcome to join a winning program...

only team ever to lose a series up 3-0 to add insult to injury it was to there arch nemsis....you def kno our pain

All Pro
    LOL

Seriously why not use some of our financial flex in order to obtain the corner OF we may need?

Why not take Miguel Batista or Jose Vidro back along with Ibanez? I know Batista blows but if he takes Muniz spot maybe you can use him in blowout situations only. Omar always liked him anyway.

only team ever to lose a series up 3-0 to add insult to injury it was to there arch nemsis....you def kno our pain
    1960 WS = 2004 ALCS, even best teams experienced heartbreaking defeat.

you can prepare yourself for that, im not. If church comes back, i like our chances against anybody in the league. The talent has been there since 06, the attitude and play hasnt since last july, i think its back and until they prove m wrong im gonna ride this wave.

If you really think Casey ****in blake is the difference between a playoff berth and golfing, there isnt much i could tell you
    it isn't about Casey Blake...it is about never making a move mid-season....

this team falls in love with back-up players all the time.....

if you think that the outfield the Mets currently have is a championship caliber outfield...well...you got some screws loose.....

if you think that the outfield the Mets currently have is a championship caliber outfield...well...you got some screws loose.....
    church beltran endy best defensive outfield in baseball...great offense from CF, solid from rf and below avg from lf, tatis/easly 4th outfielder isnt a bad option, so yea again ill take my chances with that outfield instead of gutting an already barren farm for Casey blake. The only guy i woul;d give abything of value up for was Nady and he is gone

All Pro
    Mets have supposedly turned their attention to Giles.

He wants to play for a contender, have his option declined, and go play in San Diego again.

If that makes him pretty cheap, I think it would be totally worth it.

All Pro

2000 Mets OF

Benny Agabayani
    Jay Payton
    Timo Perez

Teams get in the WS without having a world class player at every position and teams that have no business in the World Series do get there. I dont want Omar to panic.

2000 Mets OF

Benny Agabayani
    Jay Payton
    Timo Perez

Teams get in the WS without having a world class player at every position and teams that have no business in the World Series do get there. I dont want Omar to panic.
    to be fair Piazza carried that team and bobby valentine got the most out of that team. That might of been one of the best managing jobs in the history of baseball

but point well taken and i agree 100 percent

lets not have another kazmir for zambrano or melvin mora for mike bordick or anything even close to that on our hands again

to be fair Piazza carried that team and bobby valentine got the most out of that team. That might of been one of the best managing jobs in the history of baseball

but point well taken and i agree 100 percent

lets not have another kazmir for zambrano or melvin mora for mike bordick or anything even close to that on our hands again
    Don't worry about it, the Mets don't have a Scott Kazmir like pitcher in their system.

Don't worry about it, the Mets don't have a Scott Kazmir like pitcher in there system.
    i kno pelfrey is on the big club already, that wasnt my point, we dont need to panic and just grab somethin for the sake of trading

All Pro
    I really want to trade Nick Evans. I dont know why, I just really cant stand him.

i kno pelfrey is on the big club already, that wasnt my point, we dont need to panic and just grab somethin for the sake of trading
    Pelf has really turned a corner, I love seeing a pitcher finally figure it out

I really want to trade Nick Evans. I dont know why, I just really cant stand him.
    not a big fan of him either, but rather hold the chip then just give him away

bet you were lovin him first game in colorado...lol

Pelf has really turned a corner, I love seeing a pitcher finally figure it out
    semi joking, but yea me too big fan of young pitchin, i hate when him and joba pitch same night cant watch both progress