Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Yankees after Bannister?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankees after Bannister?

According to the Kansas City Star, if the Yankees are unable to acquire Jarrod Washburn from the Mariners, they could look to swap OF Melky Cabrera with the Royals for RHP Brian Bannister.

in April, when bannister was 3–0 with a 0.86 ERA, i was forced to read e-mail after e-mail and listen to phone call after phone call on talk radio about how Omar Minaya was an ‘idiot’ for trading away bannister for RHP Ambiorix Burgos…

…odd, now that bannister is 7–9 with a 5.40 ERA in 21 starts, those e-mails and phone calls have seemingly stopped…
    Per MetsBlog.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a disaster.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just a bluff to scare the Mariners. Cashman isn't stupid enough to think Bannister would upgrade the rotation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    This is just a bluff to scare the Mariners. Cashman isn't stupid enough to think Bannister would upgrade the rotation.
    I think Washburn's start today shifted any scare tatics over to the Mariners side.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    I think Washburn's start today shifted any scare tatics over to the Mariners side.
    Not really. The Yankees aren't going to now overpay for the guy because he struck out 2 against a bad Blue Jay lineup despite the fact that he only gave up a run.

Fact is, this either will be a salary dump (no player of significance will go to the Mariners), or they'll keep him and his $10M salary next year.