Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't Tatis the answer in right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Why isn't Tatis the answer in left?

All of this trade rumor craziness got me thinking why do we need anyone? (assuming Church can come before september)

54 games played, 148 at bats

.318 AVG .520 SLG .370 OBP

7 HR 26 RBI
    Last edited by Tony Danza; 07-27-2008 at 08:30 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the thing....you cannot assume Church as with any concussion situation. If he's back and stays healthy sure we can do just fine with Beltran-Tatis-Church as our outfield. Like Nady, a deal could also help next season.

I think we land Bay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He last played in 06' where he hit .250 in 56 AB. In 07' he didn't play at all.

How do we know if he can keep this up? He's been great, but you can't count on him to continue doing this, IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    That's the thing....you cannot assume Church as with any concussion situation. If he's back and stays healthy sure we can do just fine with Beltran-Tatis-Church as our outfield. Like Nady, a deal could also help next season.

I think we land Bay.
    What do you think it would take to get Bay? What chips?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    and to answer your question, I just don't think you can rely on both Chavez and Tatis. There is a lot of baseball left, you can't take chances like that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    and to answer your question, I just don't think you can rely on both Chavez and Tatis. There is a lot of baseball left, you can't take chances like that.
    From what im hearing church will come back, but that could change fast.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    All of this trade rumor craziness got me thinking why do we need anyone? (assuming Church can come before september)

54 games played, 148 at bats

.318 AVG .520 SLG .370 OBP

7 HR 26 RBI
    I wouldn't count on Church for anything the rest of the year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think it would take to get Bay? What chips?
    Unfortunately it would probably take Martinez. With our staff though you have to consider it for a WS run this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well to be honest you were ready to rely on Gardner and Melky per your post Nady trade comments. I agree though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately it would probably take Martinez. With our staff though you have to consider it for a WS run this year.
    I didn't think so at first, but you're probably right. The Mets really don't have many upper level prospects. Very thin. Obviously the Church/Schneider and Santana trades didn't help.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well to be honest you were ready to rely on Gardner and Melky per your post Nady trade comments. I agree though.
    What? I've been saying for a while the Yankees need a bat for the bottom of the lineup, but I wanted Bay over Nady. Bay has had the better career. Hopefully Nady continues to hit like he has this year.

Here is some posts right before it was announced the Yankees traded for Nady.

We really need a bat
    We might have the worst 7-9 in the AL. If Cashman is serious about making some sort of run... we need a bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    I think you just got one
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-27-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2650313]I didn't think so at first, but you're probably right. The Mets really don't have many upper level prospects. Very thin. Obviously the Church/Schneider and Santana trades didn't help.[/QUOTE]

Depends if you prefer a strong Major League team or hyping your farm.

I'll take Church and Johan thank you very much.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chad101;2650361]
    I didn't think so at first, but you're probably right. The Mets really don't have many upper level prospects. Very thin. Obviously the Church/Schneider and Santana trades didn't help.[/QUOTE]

Depends if you prefer a strong Major League team or hyping your farm.

I'll take Church and Johan thank you very much.
    Fortunately we have a strong major league team and farm system.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree regarding Chavez....late inning defensive replacement/spot starter. Tatis looks about as legit as possible at this point. They need Church back ASAP

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think so at first, but you're probably right. The Mets really don't have many upper level prospects. Very thin. Obviously the Church/Schneider and Santana trades didn't help.
    I'm pretty sure we could get Bay without giving up Fernando...it would just take a 4 for 1 type deal.
    It would probably take any 4 of Niese/Parnell, Tejada, Kunz, Evans, Murphy/Carp, Antonini/Gee/Owen, Thole, and Mejia/Cleto probably. I'd try to offer up Parnell, Evans, Gee, Antonini and Thole, see if they bite.

I don't want to give up Niese, Kunz, or Tejada though, and I would be hesitant to give up Murphy or Carp.

Parnell with his 97 mph fastball and plus slider would be attractive to the Pirates. Throw in a major league ready player(with good flexibility, 1b/3b/lf) with potential to stick as a starter next year, a couple pitchers(Antonini/Gee/Owen/Mejia/Cleto, pick 2), and a Josh Thole type? Parnell, Evans, Antonini, Gee, Thole would be my offer, and if they insist on Niese, put him in there and take out Parnell and Antonini
    Last edited by MetsJetsRebels; 07-28-2008 at 06:45 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately we have a strong major league team and farm system.
    The Mets farm system is underrated, IMO. It isn't all that good, probably bottom half, but it's not bottom 5 like people say.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJetsRebels View Post
    The Mets farm system is underrated, IMO. It isn't all that good, probably bottom half, but it's not bottom 5 like people say.
    Well you're a Mets fan, of course you think it is underrated. You obviously have some good players now in the the lower levels, but most teams do...
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-28-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets have no minor league system. The mets couldn't get Johan Santana without giving up Jose Reyes. The mets had the prospects to get CC Sabathia. Again, the mets have no Minor League system.

Next year I won't be surprised to see 3 or 4 guys from the minors on our team in Niese, Kunz, Martinez and possibly Dan Murphy especially Niese and Kunz(who hasn't allowed a home run on any level since his freshman year in College)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well you're a Mets fan, of course you think it is overrated. You obviously have some good players now in the the lower levels, but most teams do...
    I think it takes f-mart to land bay. I could see the pirates looking at this situation similarly to how they dealt Nady. They zero in on the one guy (for Nady it was Tabata) and then negotiate from there, but no trade unless they get that one guy they want.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well you're a Mets fan, of course you think it is underrated. You obviously have some good players now in the the lower levels, but most teams do...
    No, I just admitted our farm system is not that good, but its better than the Yankees farm system after the trades and promotions of their pitchers
    Last edited by MetsJetsRebels; 07-28-2008 at 06:39 PM.