Thread: Thames for Show? (Rumor)

Thames for Show? (Rumor)

According to Nick Cafardo in a report for the Boston Globe, citing a team official, the Mets would be willing to part with RHP Scott Schoeneweis if they could obtain an outfielder.

Cafardo, who provides a ton of information regarding the trade market, believes the Tigers could be interested in Schoeneweis.

That said, the Tigers are looking for help in the bullpen, reports Jon Paul Morosi in the Detroit Free Press.

In a post to his blog during March for ESPN.com, Jayson Stark wrote: “The Mets love Marcus Thames, but they’re not going to trade Aaron Heilman for him.”

Thames, 31, is batting .250 against left-handed pitching and .269 against right-handed pitching, while hitting 20 HR and 43 RBI in 70 games for the Tigers this season, during which he has played left field, right field and first base.
    Per metsblog.

I'm not a fan of this rumor because we cant afford to trade anyone from this bullpen. I wouldnt mind moving Feliciano\Muniz but everyone else has been solid. We can't create anymore holes within this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Per metsblog.

I'm not a fan of this rumor because we cant afford to trade anyone from this bullpen. I wouldnt mind moving Feliciano\Muniz but everyone else has been solid. We can't create anymore holes within this team.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Agreed
    Most reports have had us looking at many of the Lefty relievers out there.....so I would assume if this was done a move to bring in a LOOGY wouldn't be far behind it. But, I don't like it because I don't think Thames is all that good, all he offers is some HR's. Doesn't hit for average, Doesn't walk, just not my style of player.

All Pro
    Trade Nick Evans to anyone for a OFer

i think thames is a solid player with a lot of pop but he strikes out a ton but doesnt walk a lot.i mean i'd move show for him but we have to add another arm like fuentes but i agree with the mets not wanting to move niese for him which the rockies seem to be asking for.

Hall Of Fame
    Show has been great this year, I don't want to move him.

Maybe Feliciano though.

ok I take that back, take Show's bum ass.