Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Speeches in Congress the day the Federal Reserve Act passed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Speeches in Congress the day the Federal Reserve Act passed

A lot of people refuse to believe Federal Reserve criticisms because of obscure sources.
    Folks, [B]IT'S ALL RIGHT THERE IN THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORD[/B] I have put some of the more important sentence in bold.
    On 12/23/1913, America ceased to be a representative Republic and became a textbook Mussolini-fascist nation where the govt and corporations collude with each other. [B]90% of the "America's money" is created out of thin air by a private bank at NO COST and lent with interest charged.[/B] As a result, our financial system today is in shambles, with debt chasing debt, increasing exponentially.

Rep. Frank E. Guernsey, a member of the House banking and currency committee:
    [I]“This is an inflation bill, the only question being the extent of the inflation.”[/I]

Rep. Joseph Moore, former Treasurer of the City of Philadelphia:
    [I]“The popular rule which Andrew Jackson strove for against the rule of Nicholas Biddle and the United States Bank is [now] overthrown…the President becomes the absolute dictator of the public and private resources of the country which find their way into national banks under the new system. Such tremendous power for good or ill was never granted to any President…
    [B]This bill, apart from its many danger points and imperfections, is a travesty upon Democracy’s so-called ‘popular rule.’ It is a confession of dictation and absolutism this like of which has no parallel in American annals.”[/B][/I]

Rep. Victor Murdock (who nonetheless voted for the bill):
    [I][B]“I do not blind myself to the fact that this measure will not be effectual as a remedy for a great national evil – the concentrated control of credit.[/B] I believe that the conservatism with which this measure was drawn and haste which has characterized its consideration indicates plainly the fear that has seized the minds of the Democratic leaders…
    In the last eight months I have seen the mental attitude of the Democratic leaders here change from a seemingly bold attitude of desiring to serve the people into a mental attitude or trying to divert national disaster…In July, the interests began to restrict credits in this nation…to manipulate the interest rates 2 percent….they have been dictating the very terms that the Democratic leadership is thinking and acting in…The Money Trust has not [died]…I say to you as one American talking to others, you can not afford to palter with this enemy. He is yours, as well as he is mine. He will not cease fighting…at some half-baked enactment...
    In this bill you rejected specific remedies. You allowed the special interests by pretended dissatisfaction with the measure to bring about a sham battle, and the sham battle was for the purpose of diverting you people from the real remedy, and they diverted you. The Wall Street bluff has worked. [B]You struck a weak half-blow, and time will show that you have lost.[/B] You could have struck a full blow and you would have won.”[/I]

And finally, Rep. Charles Lindbergh Sr, member of the banking and currency committee, author of "Banking Currency and the Money Trust. (Lindbergh actually made a VERY long speech he talked about how the caucus/party leaders control Congress, explained numerically the cost of the debt-based system, and how to defeat the money trust):
    [I]“This Act establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President signs this bill the invisible government by the Money Power, proven to exist by the Money Trust investigation, will be legalized…This is the Aldrich Bill in disguise…The people may not know it immediately, but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed. The trusts will soon realize that they have gone too far even for their own good. The people must make a declaration of independence to relieve themselves from the Monetary Power. This they will be able to do by taking control of Congress. Wall Streeters could not cheat us if you Senators and Representatives did not make a humbug of Congress… If we had a people’s Congress, there would be stability.”
    “The greatest crime of Congress is its currency system. [B]The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking bill.[/B] The caucus and the party bosses have again operated and prevented the people from getting the benefit of their own government.
    “The banks have been granted the special privilege of distributing the money, and they charge as much as they wish. The President’s new bill gives the bankers even greater powers than they had under the old laws…[B].Property shall be preserved as having greater potential force than the human family.[/B]
    [B]“No human being can compete with [the potential power of compounding interest on a dollar]. Nothing can compete with the dollar except $2…and so on up, the greater the sum the greater the cinch. The bankers control it.[/B]
    “To cause high prices, all the Federal Reserve Board will do will be to lower the rediscount rate... producing an expansion of credit and a rising stock market; then when... business men are adjusted to these conditions, it can check... prosperity in mid-career by arbitrarily raising the rate of interest. It can cause the pendulum of a rising and falling market to swing gently back and forth by slight changes in the discount rate, or cause violent fluctuations by a greater rate variation, and in either case possess inside information as to financial conditions and advance knowledge of the coming change, either up or down. This is the strangest, most dangerous advantage ever placed in the hands of a special privilege class by any Government that ever existed. The system is private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people’s money. They know in advance when to create panics to their advantage. They also know when to stop panic. Inflation or deflation work equally well for them when they control finance...
    “The cost of living will keep going up as long as the laws of nature are violated by uneconomic practices. We must pay the penalty.
    [B]“There should be no legal tender other than that issued by the government…If such were the case the problem of interest (as a disturbing factor) would cease, and a new era would dawn upon the world…there will be no choking up of the system by the arbitrary acts of the financial kings, for they are but a product of the arbitrary and unnatural practices that the people have fallen into the habit of using as a means of conducting their business.[/B]
    [B]We are under obligations to the banks for teaching us this economy in the use of money and credit. But…the credit is supported and maintained by the resources of the People and the daily application of their energy. The banks have simply filled the office of making it current and merchantable. We do not owe that tribute to the bankers…We should profit by the example of the banks in copying somewhat after some parts of the system they have used for making exchanges, but as a Government we ought to furnish the advantage to all of the people on equality and with the least expense practicable.[/B]
    [B]“The People are the Government. Therefore the Government should, as the Constitution provides, regulate the value of money. There is no other real sovereign power, because all authority emanates from the People. Money is the means of exchange among ALL people. Its regulation is absolutely a governmental function.[/B] Congress is not justified in issuing an Act that does not do complete justice to all. Merely to improve a false old system, but still leave it in operation, to continually force a sacrifice of the People’s very life energies, is criminal.”[/I]
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 07-28-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so did you hear that Britney might get back with K Fed????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2651921]so did you hear that Britney might get back with K Fed????[/QUOTE]

lol instant classic