Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Susan Saranwrap- "Not in my backyard" (more hypocrisy from self-righteous leftists)..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Susan Saranwrap- "Not in my backyard" (more hypocrisy from self-righteous leftists)..

[QUOTE]TIM Robbins' and Susan Sarandon's mission to protect the poor and needy doesn't apply to their Greenwich Village neighborhood. The Oscar-winning liberals recently attended a Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing to oppose St. Vincent's plea to build a new, larger hospital on West 12th Street, three blocks from their home. This despite their support of causes like UNICEF and Champions for Children. "The hospital provides $40 million in care to the indigent every year," one proponent told us. "Robbins dismissed more than 100 people rallying in support of the hospital - low-income, union workers and veterans of the AIDS crisis - as 'those people out there.' " Sarandon said in a statement: "Improving the hospital is a great idea. However, this can be accomplished without compromising the neighborhood. St. Vincent's should consider the proposed alternative solutions." Robbins declined to comment. [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/07162008/gossip/pagesix/not_in_sarandons_back_yard_120049.htm[/url]

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Sarandon, Gore, Di Capprio, Streisand, etc. etc.

Liberals are the biggest frauds/hypocrites on the planet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a conservative. To be fair, plenty of folks who claim to be conservative are pretty fraudulant. It's people that are hypocrites regardless of political leanings.

It's like why people do bad things. They are not bad because they do bad things. They do bad things because they are bad.

That said, I think the greater percent of conservatives are true to their world view than liberals ........... but that might just be because I am blessed to know many conservatives who do.

Sarandon, however, I believe is more whacked than fradulant.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan Saranwrap? LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    She should wrap her face up in saranwrap!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you know what the alternative plans she mentioned are?

do you know what aspects of the plan she was opposed to and what impact they have on the neighborhood?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2655618]do you know what the alternative plans she mentioned are?[/QUOTE]

no- she didn't mention them....

[QUOTE]do you know what aspects of the plan she was opposed to and what impact they have on the neighborhood?[/QUOTE]

who cares how they impacted the neighborhoood??? the hospital wanted to expand to help more poor, needy people...that's what saranwrap fights for; helping the poor and needy....

[SIZE="1"]unless of course it's in her own backyard[/SIZE]...:yes:

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2656023]no- she didn't mention them....

who cares how they impacted the neighborhoood??? the hospital wanted to expand to help more poor, needy people...that's what saranwrap fights for; helping the poor and needy....

[SIZE="1"]unless of course it's in her own backyard[/SIZE]...:yes:[/QUOTE]

Kind of like Uncle Teddy and and John(Munster)Kerry.

They're all for alternative power... unless it's off the coast of their compounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2656023]no- she didn't mention them....

[SIZE="1"]unless of course it's in her own backyard[/SIZE]...:yes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Sarandon said in a statement: "Improving the hospital is a great idea. However, this can be accomplished without compromising the neighborhood. St. Vincent's should consider the proposed alternative solutions."[/QUOTE]

what part did you miss? Honestly I could care less about her or the issue but if you care so much you should get the whole story out

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2656154]what part did you miss? Honestly I could care less about her or the issue but if you care so much you should get the whole story out[/QUOTE]

I missed nothing- it's a lame attempt by you to justify saranwrap.....

[QUOTE]Sarandon said in a statement: "Improving the hospital is a great idea. However, this can be accomplished without compromising the neighborhood. St. Vincent's should consider the proposed alternative solutions." [/QUOTE]

again; her and her leftist boyfriend claim to want to help the poor; so what should it matter if helping the poor and needy comes at the expense of compromising the neighborhood???? shouldn't the benefit of expanding the hospital be a greater then the 'hood???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2656243]I missed nothing- it's a lame attempt by you to justify saranwrap.....

again; her and her leftist boyfriend claim to want to help the poor; so what should it matter if helping the poor and needy comes at the expense of compromising the neighborhood???? shouldn't the benefit of expanding the hospital be a greater then the 'hood???[/QUOTE]

More complete and utter baloney from big D. I live in Greenwich Village and have personally used St Vincent's Hospital for myself and my family. The debate that is going on has absolutely nothing to do with the hospital's patient population, which is far and away NOT poor and indigent, but white and upper middle class. EVERY voluntary hospital in the city serves the poor. Big deal. The argument is over community zoning standards that don't allow buildings to be above a certain height in historic neighborhoods and about construction that will disrupt schools and businesses. The Rudin family along with every other real estate developer in the Village always tries to skirt the zoning restrictions and build skyscrapers. That's what the fight is about, not about whether the hospital should expand (to make more money!!!). You know absolutely nothing about this issue except what you skimmed off some news article in the Post. Good job. Idiot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2656243]I missed nothing- it's a lame attempt by you to justify saranwrap.....

again; her and her leftist boyfriend claim to want to help the poor; so what should it matter if helping the poor and needy comes at the expense of compromising the neighborhood???? shouldn't the benefit of expanding the hospital be a greater then the 'hood???[/QUOTE]

its a silly argument about an insignificant person, but i'll play along

like i said, she said they should have looked at the alternative plans...which i'm guessing may serve teh same purpose but in a different manner

what does she oppose? i think if you're gonna tear the issue apart find that out, maybe they want to add a lobby in an inconvenient place, maybe they want to alter the flow of traffic, who knows but be realistic before you criticize a comment without researching, it looks too clear that you just want to bash someone, hell maybe she does deserve it but clearly have made no attempt to prove that she does

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2656457]More complete and utter baloney from big D. I live in Greenwich Village and have personally used St Vincent's Hospital for myself and my family. The debate that is going on has absolutely nothing to do with the hospital's patient population, which is far and away NOT poor and indigent, but white and upper middle class. EVERY voluntary hospital in the city serves the poor. Big deal. The argument is over community zoning standards that don't allow buildings to be above a certain height in historic neighborhoods and about construction that will disrupt schools and businesses. The Rudin family along with every other real estate developer in the Village always tries to skirt the zoning restrictions and build skyscrapers. That's what the fight is about, not about whether the hospital should expand (to make more money!!!). You know absolutely nothing about this issue except what you skimmed off some news article in the Post. Good job. Idiot.[/QUOTE]

exactly my point, TY

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2656457]More complete and utter baloney from big D. I live in Greenwich Village and have personally used St Vincent's Hospital for myself and my family. The debate that is going on has absolutely nothing to do with the hospital's patient population, which is far and away NOT poor and indigent, but white and upper middle class. EVERY voluntary hospital in the city serves the poor. Big deal. The argument is over community zoning standards that don't allow buildings to be above a certain height in historic neighborhoods and about construction that will disrupt schools and businesses. The Rudin family along with every other real estate developer in the Village always tries to skirt the zoning restrictions and build skyscrapers. That's what the fight is about, not about whether the hospital should expand (to make more money!!!). You know absolutely nothing about this issue except what you skimmed off some news article in the Post. Good job. Idiot.[/QUOTE]

more typical nonsense from stupid is as stupid does....I guess this proponent was lying...

[QUOTE]"The hospital provides $40 million in care to the indigent every year," one proponent told us. "Robbins dismissed more than 100 people rallying in support of the hospital - low-income, union workers and veterans of the AIDS crisis - as 'those people out there.' [/QUOTE]

of course saranwrap claimed she uses the hospital as a last resort, so why would she care if it is improved??? way to once again show what a moron you are with your garbage....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 07-30-2008 at 03:32 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2656609]more typical nonsense from stupid is as stupid does....I guess this proponent was lying...

of course saranwrap claimed she uses the hospital as a last resort, so why would she care if it is improved??? way to once again show what a moron you are with your garbage....[/QUOTE]

Just curious, CBNY, since you are so infinitely confident of your sources... who is this person you are quoting? Couldn't possibly be that the source is actually a shill for Rudin/St. Vincents? How do you know? Of course, you don't know squat. There's only one intellectually challenged person in this thread and it isn't me. It's the guy who foolishly post crap like this, trumpets his title as if it's real serious news, then can't back it up. You're really a waste of time here.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2656660]Just curious, CBNY, since you are so infinitely confident of your sources... who is this person you are quoting? Couldn't possibly be that the source is actually a shill for Rudin/St. Vincents? How do you know? Of course, you don't know squat. There's only one intellectually challenged person in this thread and it isn't me. It's the guy who foolishly post crap like this, trumpets his title as if it's real serious news, then can't back it up. You're really a waste of time here.[/QUOTE]

I understand you are at a mental disadvantage from the get-go as you prove time and time again in your posts...

of course the facts that the St Vincents plan has been approved not only by local officials but is wanted by the people in the community never enters the equation in you simple programmed world when defedning leftists like saranwarp...

I can't wait to see you waste more bandwith with another pathetic response...of course you could just admit that they are being hypocrites and the improved hospital would benefit everyone in the area....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 07-30-2008 at 04:06 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2656690]

I can't wait to see you waste more bandwith with another pathetic response...[/QUOTE]

Speaking of, your sig is above the 250 pixel size limit

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=METER;2656706]Speaking of, your sig is above the 250 pixel size limit[/QUOTE]

so are the sigs from 75% of the posters on the forum- but thanks for pointing it out nonetheless....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2656723]so are the sigs from 75% of the posters on the forum- but thanks for pointing it out nonetheless....[/QUOTE]

just busting chops, sorry it had nothing to do with anything. I do find the sig quite funny btw

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=METER;2656728]just busting chops, sorry it had nothing to do with anything. I do find the sig quite funny btw[/QUOTE]

i realized this....which is why I was busting your chops in return...

btw- what's up w/the Nike...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 07-30-2008 at 04:29 PM.