Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teixera traded to Angels {merged}

Teixera traded to Angels {merged}

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...trade_deadline

possible Teix for Kotch?

just announced on Michael Kay.
    Last edited by JV51; 07-29-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Great, just what the Yankees needed...Tex to Angels

beginning of the year I picked them to win it all..and at 25 over .500 and now with a solid bat added to that line-up...the Yanks and Sox are in trouble....

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8391756

The Angels have won the Mark Teixeira sweepstakes.

First baseman Casey Kotchman and Class AA right-hander Stephen Marek are headed to Atlanta in exchange for the power-hitting first baseman.

The Diamondbacks had emerged as an early front-runner for Teixeira, but the Angels maintained steady interest. They were willing to acquire Teixeira only if they did not break up the core of their roster, which has produced the best record in the majors.

Teixeira, a switch-hitter who plays Gold Glove-caliber defense, will provide a major boost to an Angels offense that has revived in July.

He established himself as a premier hitter while with the Texas Rangers from 2003-07. He turned down a lucrative contract extension from Texas and was traded to the Braves in June 2007.

Teixeira has a lifetime batting average of .286 with 190 total home runs. His best season was in 2005 for the Rangers, when he established career highs in average (.301), home runs (43), RBIs (144), and hits (194) and was selected to his first All-Star team.

damn yanks got 10 games against the Angels soon.

It didn't sound like they were willing to make that deal before, but you never know. Angels really need to work out an extension if they're going to make that deal though.

All Pro
    Yanks don't play them well as it is. Now you add another good bat to that lineup, with that pitching.

Angels are a very well run team, top to bottom, and will be very difficult to beat.

Damn Angels are STACKED with this move. They have sick pitching and now add a huge power guy,

All Pro
    Is Kotchman and other guy worth more than 2 1st round picks?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    If the Yanks go 4-6 I'd be happy. They just do not play the Angels well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...ra-from-Braves

First baseman Casey Kotchman and Class AA right-hander Stephen Marek are headed to Atlanta in exchange for the power-hitting first baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    and the ANgels are a team that if he falls in love with it there could afford to re-sign him....

bad news all over

I hate to agree with you, but LAA will dominate for the next few years. I also see Angels vs Dodgers World Series in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Kotchman and the other guy's SB have already been paid for and are well more advanced than any picks, so I would say yes.

Good trade, if they resign Tex or win the WS

they were saying on the fan earlier today that it was probably either them or the diamondbacks....and that he was def. going to be traded.

Scouts seem to like Kotchman, but he's never shown the power potential to make me think he's all that great for a first baseman.

But I suppose more importantly is he can help them as soon as tomorrow, whereas 2 draft picks won't be around for a couple years.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Good trade, if they resign Tex or win the WS
    If they win the WS and let Tex go, they should get 2 first rounders for him. All accounts are they will let K Rod go as well. Angels could very well win the WS and be rewarded with 5 first round draft picks.

They are just a very well run team.

I'm a little happy because I was concerned he'd become a Red Sock. Angels are SICK now. Wow.

All Pro
    The Braves gave up a TON to get him (Salty, Andrus, etc) and they get Kotchman back? How is the other guy?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Kotchman and the other guy's SB have already been paid for and are well more advanced than any picks, so I would say yes.
    I was also taking into consideration what the Braves gave up to get him.

Hindsight is 20/20 though.

The Braves gave up a TON to get him (Salty, Andrus, etc) and they get Kotchman back? How is the other guy?
    He's the Angels 6th best prospect. He was a reliever, but just converted to a starter, with all the young pitching Anahiem has.. he expendable.