Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Maine diagnosed with strained rotator cuff

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Maine diagnosed with strained rotator cuff

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3510256


    MIAMI -- New York Mets pitcher John Maine was diagnosed Tuesday with a mild strain in his right rotator cuff, and it's uncertain whether he will make his next scheduled start.

    Maine came out of Monday night's game at Florida after 4 1/3 innings because of pain in the back of his pitching shoulder. He returned to New York for an MRI exam, and he'll rejoin the Mets when they arrive in Houston for a series that begins Friday.

    Maine's next scheduled start is Sunday against the Astros. He is 9-7 with a 4.13 ERA.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    He'll join the team on Friday. We are really going to need him but no way should we risk him in the long term. Just home he gets better soon!

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mets might need some pitching soon.

    Maine is not 100%.

    Pelfrey has already pitched 122 Innings, the most he has ever pitched in 1 season is 153 IP. So, the Mets need to be careful with him.

    Then, there's always Pedro, who knows if he will be healthy the rest of the year.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Mets might need some pitching soon.

    Maine is not 100%.

    Pelfrey has already pitched 122 Innings, the most he has ever pitched in 1 season is 153 IP. So, the Mets need to be careful with him.

    Then, there's always Pedro, who knows if he will be healthy the rest of the year.
    Damn way to make me all uneasy about the pitching situation, lol. Hopefully Pelf can handle the increase with that 6-7 frame of his. Isn't that why everyone loves big frames on pitchers in the first place?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_80 View Post
    Damn way to make me all uneasy about the pitching situation, lol. Hopefully Pelf can handle the increase with that 6-7 frame of his. Isn't that why everyone loves big frames on pitchers in the first place?
    Big guys- more moving parts. Much harder to maintain consistent mechanics.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Big guys- more moving parts. Much harder to maintain consistent mechanics.
    Sometimes, but the ones that can maintain their mechanics are worth their weight in gold, no?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us