Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny on verge of going to the Marlins {false alarm}

All League

Manny on verge of going to the Marlins {false alarm}

5:56pm: Baseball Prospectus' John Perrotto has multiple baseball sources saying the Red Sox are on the verge of sending Ramirez to Florida for three players, including outfielder Mike Stanton.

Merge

I told you guys the Sawk meant it this time.

I KNOW MY BASEBALL!!!!!

Marlins will get picks after Manny leaves this offseason, it's worth the risk.

Please god let this news be true...

All Pro
    He is in the Red Sux lineup tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    He is in the Red Sux lineup tonight
    yea just checked gameday, Manny is in the line up for the Sox and so are both Wilingham and Hermida for the Marlins...I still refuse to believe the sox are serious this time, they always say they're done with Manny's antics and never trade the guy because they depend of his bat too much...This year with Ortiz banged up they need MAnny even more...I really hope this trade goes through, no more Manny in a Red Sox line up is a godsend for the Yankees...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    yea just checked gameday, Manny is in the line up for the Sox and so are both Wilingham and Hermida for the Marlins...I still refuse to believe the sox are serious this time, they always say they're done with Manny's antics and never trade the guy because they depend of his bat too much...This year with Ortiz banged up they need MAnny even more...I really hope this trade goes through, no more Manny in a Red Sox line up is a godsend for the Yankees...

I would be shocked that they would deal Manny in the Marlins deal. The only way I can see this going down is if they got a established player who could put up decent offensive numbers like Beltran from the Mets that has been speculated.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    I would be shocked that they would deal Manny in the Marlins deal. The only way I can see this going down is if they got a established player who could put up decent offensive numbers like Beltran from the Mets that has been speculated.
    Word is that the Red Sox would turn around and deal those prospects for a player like Jason Bay.

All Pro
    A new wrinkle has been added to the Manny Ramirez to Marlins' scenario. A source told MLB.com that a three-way trade may be in the works.

Under this scenario, Ramirez would go to the Marlins, while Jeremy Hermida would go to the Pirates, and Jason Bay would go to the Red Sox.
    Please go there Manny, the outfield would be so much fun to watch with him and Willingham.

http://trades.mlblogs.com/archives/2...l_that_in.html

Bad link let me look for a new one

Why the hell would you want to add Ramirez, still an elite OFer to go to a team in your division? The Marlins are going to be DANGEROUS if they add a guy like Manny because they are getting young pitching back especially.

Ramirez
    Cantu
    Manny
    Willingham
    Uggla
    Jacobs
    Ross
    Baker

That offense is damn powerful.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Please go there Manny, the outfield would be so much fun to watch with him and Willingham.

Beat ya

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Word is that the Red Sox would turn around and deal those prospects for a player like Jason Bay.

I think if they could do that that would be a excellent deal for the Sux, they would be getting a 29 year old stud outfielder in his prime without the headache of Manny.

Why would the Pirates do that deal?

Bay is a better player than Hermida...
    Last edited by nyctomjetsfan; 07-30-2008 at 08:10 PM.

red sox would be smart to try to work a 3 way trade with a team thats going to give good prospects and the rockies,

lets say for instance it is the marlins:

marlins: give 3 prospects to the rockies and get manny
    Rockies:Get 3 prospects give up holliday
    Sox: get holliday give up manny

thats a great deal if they can get that done ur not losing much defensively as the sox getting holliday and ur getting a young VERY TALENTED hitter.

All Pro
    Why would the Pirates do that deal?

Bay is a better player than Wilingham...
    They wouldnt have to worry about that since they would be getting Hermida.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebetfan80 View Post
    red sox would be smart to try to work a 3 way trade with a team thats going to give good prospects and the rockies,

lets say for instance it is the marlins:

marlins: give 3 prospects to the rockies and get manny
    Rockies:Get 3 prospects give up holliday
    Sox: get holliday give up manny

thats a great deal if they can get that done ur not losing much defensively as the sox getting holliday and ur getting a young VERY TALENTED hitter.
    Rockies are buyers

I still refuse to believe the sox are serious this time, they always say they're done with Manny's antics and never trade the guy because they depend of his bat too much...This year with Ortiz banged up they need MAnny even more.
    You underestimate the complete hatred of Manny by most other Sox players most importantly the core of the young players. They are looking around wondering why this shyte is put up with. And MORE importantly John Henry who signs the checks.

They wouldnt have to worry about that since they would be getting Hermida.
    My mistake i meant Hermida...

Neither of those guys are as good as Bay...

Hall Of Fame
    My mistake i meant Hermida...

Neither of those guys are as good as Bay...
    Hermida is a great young talent. He can be like Bay soon.