Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "My Last Day As A New England Patriot" - former Patriot beat writer

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;2658163]I dunno....its just a grainy image of a pale man with no buddocks in a grey,sweaty cut-off hoody wrastling a wrinkly chick in a cheerleader costume.....

:eek:[/QUOTE]

I could probably help you out here.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Looks like the guy is legitimate, there's a story in the Boston Globe about it today.

[url]http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2008/07/31/uplifting_message/[/url]

Un-Patriotic exit
    What's in the water bottles at Gillette Stadium? First, former video assistant Matt Walsh betrayed the team by turning over tapes of opposing coaches' signals. Now, a staff writer at Patriots Football Weekly, the team's in-house publication, is walking out the door with a few choice words. Tom Casale, who wrote for the pub for three years, posted a profanity-filled screed yesterday in which he trashed Tedy Bruschi, among other players, and called coach Bill Belichick a "miserable person." Casale, whose last day as a team employee was Tuesday, posted his bizarre dispatch on the website of his new employer, Pregame.com, a Las Vegas-based sports and betting site. Pats spokesman Stacey James told us yesterday he was aware of the post, but didn't care to comment on it. Casale didn't return our phone calls. In his online rant, he claims to have "no axes to grind," but then goes on to grind a few. He says Bruschi is more popular with fans than with his teammates, and he adds Corey Dillon, Willie McGinest, Pierre Woods, Mike Vrabel, Dan Koppen, and Stephen Gostkowski to his list of current and former Pats players who're unpleasant to deal with. (He uses an unprintable epithet.) Casale, who had a rep for occasionally pillorying the Pats while writing for PFW, contends that the real team leaders are Tom Brady, Matt Light, Richard Seymour, and Rodney Harrison. Of Belichick, he writes: "The guy may not be a great human being, but there is no one else I would want coaching my football team."

All Pro
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2658548]Looks like the guy is legitimate, there's a story in the Boston Globe about it today.

[url]http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2008/07/31/uplifting_message/[/url]

Un-Patriotic exit
    [B]What's in the water bottles at Gillette Stadium[/B]? First, former video assistant Matt Walsh betrayed the team by turning over tapes of opposing coaches' signals. Now, a staff writer at Patriots Football Weekly, the team's in-house publication, is walking out the door with a few choice words. Tom Casale, who wrote for the pub for three years, posted a profanity-filled screed yesterday in which he trashed Tedy Bruschi, among other players, and called coach Bill Belichick a "miserable person." Casale, whose last day as a team employee was Tuesday, posted his bizarre dispatch on the website of his new employer, Pregame.com, a Las Vegas-based sports and betting site. Pats spokesman Stacey James told us yesterday he was aware of the post, but didn't care to comment on it. Casale didn't return our phone calls. In his online rant, he claims to have "no axes to grind," but then goes on to grind a few. He says Bruschi is more popular with fans than with his teammates, and he adds Corey Dillon, Willie McGinest, Pierre Woods, Mike Vrabel, Dan Koppen, and Stephen Gostkowski to his list of current and former Pats players who're unpleasant to deal with. (He uses an unprintable epithet.) Casale, who had a rep for occasionally pillorying the Pats while writing for PFW, contends that the real team leaders are Tom Brady, Matt Light, Richard Seymour, and Rodney Harrison. Of Belichick, he writes: "The guy may not be a great human being, but there is no one else I would want coaching my football team."[/QUOTE]

Maybe BB should realize that when you treat everyone like crap, they will eventually start to retaliate in any way they can.

I would not be surprised to see several players write books just killing BB after they retire. But he wins, and that is what people ultimately care about.

[QUOTE=chirorob;2658563]Maybe BB should realize that when you treat everyone like crap, they will eventually start to retaliate in any way they can.

I would not be surprised to see several players write books just killing BB after they retire. But he wins, and that is what people ultimately care about.[/QUOTE]

Actually he states BB never treated him bad.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2®;2658654]Actually he states BB never treated him bad.[/QUOTE]

He said he is a miserable human being, so I don't think he was treated really well. Having someone never yell at you (Parcells) is treating you bad. Someone just being a jerk all the time isn't really treating you well.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. Players don't have to like their coach, they have to respect him. Wade Phillips out here is a very nice guy, who led his team to a pretty good year last year. And the press is killing him, because he's too nice. Because he didn't beat the Giants.

Hall Of Fame
    Stockholm syndrome :D

Hall Of Fame
    If he ever had anything, past or present, to do with the patriots
    - Then he will be a douche the rest of his life

The correct terminology is "article implies that BB* is a scumbag". Per the earlier thread this week we established that he isn't in the same class as elite NFL coaches. :yes:

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2658548]

Looks like the guy is legitimate, there's a story in the Boston Globe about it today.

[url]http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2008/07/31/uplifting_message/[/url][/QUOTE]I knew this guy was legit the moment he said BB is a doushbag

Sorry to through cold water on this.

The guys name is Tom Casale and he wrote for Patriots Football Weekly. He is a person with numerous "issues". He posted on patsfans.com under different user names and got banned several times. The word is that he had drug and alcohol problems along with other problems. He eventually got fired.

I've heard from some media people who cover the team.They said he was the most disliked person in the media pool. He was also totally unreliable in most things he reported. The other writers at Patriots Football Weekly are livid with this guy right now.

I know that most of you want to believe what he wrote. He didn't even use his real name for this hit piece.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=#1Patriot;2659139]Sorry to through cold water on this.

The guys name is Tom Casale and he wrote for Patriots Football Weekly. He is a person with numerous "issues". He posted on patsfans.com under different user names and got banned several times. The word is that he had drug and alcohol problems along with other problems. He eventually got fired.

I've heard from some media people who cover the team.They said he was the most disliked person in the media pool. He was also totally unreliable in most things he reported. The other writers at Patriots Football Weekly are livid with this guy right now.

I know that most of you want to believe what he wrote. He didn't even use his real name for this hit piece.[/QUOTE]

The only thing more fun than the article is the denial-rich responses from Pats fans.

Haven't you people learned anything yet from the whole "Manny being Manny" fiasco? I figured it may have actually clicked some time this week with a few of you. Or are you just missing that this is a pattern of behavior in your collective fandom?

All League
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2657556]that's a good way to get yourself banned from the league and never get a press credential in the future...[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing but it was refreshingly honest and very interesting. I didn't realize Bruschi was such a jerk. Also the kicker? Who the f does he think he is, a football player? :D

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2659151]Haven't you people learned anything yet from the whole "Manny being Manny" fiasco? I figured it may have actually clicked some time this week with a few of you. Or are you just missing that this is a pattern of behavior in your collective fandom?[/QUOTE]

What?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;2659366]What?[/QUOTE]

hello hello who's on the line

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

I know that most of you want to believe what he wrote. He didn't even use his real name for this hit piece.[/QUOTE]

I want to party with this guy Casale. Somebody get this SOB to 16H!!!

All Pro
    I already knew Dillon was an ace hole, I wanted Moss to sign with us when he was a free agent oh well!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I have no doubt that the guy has issues. Someone without issues would never burn bridges in that fashion when he is still staying in the same field.

But, just because he has issues doesn't make what he is saying untrue. Is Teddy Brushci a real d!ck that no one likes? I have no idea, but its certainly possible. Its not like he posted the most ridiculous stuff ever. He said most of the guys are real good guys, and a few of them aren't. That's true for most teams. He just was a real pr!ck and called out the guys who were pricks.

I've heard that Rodney Harrison was a great guy off the field (I think someone from this board hung out with him while in Hawaii), so i believe that aspect of it, much like i believe that brady, harrison and seymour are the true leaders of the team.

I also believe that Bellichek is personally a miserable SOB --that's not really a stretch. Is there a sex tape out there? That's the one part that may be BS, but who knows?

Its bizzare whether or not its true....but all that he wrote could very easily be spot on. I'm sure the guys at PFW are livid with him....he broke every code in the book and made them personally look bad. Id be livid with him too.

All Pro
    I'm sure part of his problem is that some players (and coaches) don't suffer
    fools lightly, specifically Vrabel. He has put more than a couple of fourth
    estate and radio guys in their place over the years so it isn't a stretch to
    think that this guy especially has had some run-ins with these players and
    the coach and they 'politely' let him know unimportant he is/was to their lives.
    That I am sure offended this guy as I suppose it would to any of them trying
    to do a job that requires you to interact with someone who does not want to
    return the attention. He doesn't seem to playing with a full deck though. He
    had probably already committed career suicide and decided to leave a borgoguy
    note of farewell? It seems that way. :D

It might be true, it migtht not. You don't want to party with this guy though. I've been a fly on the wall when this guy's unloaded bull**** before. Enjoy the writing but trust me, you'd end up punching this guy in the face after about 2 beers.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;2659581] leave a borgoguy
    note of farewell? :D[/QUOTE]

???? Must have been the day I did some work.