Thread: Why does Walmart favor McCain?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does Walmart favor McCain?

Hmmm...:rolleyes:

Could it be that the "great economist" McCain favors "free trade" while 80 cents of every dollar spent at Walmart goes directly to China?

Could it be that McCain favors anti-union big bidness and Walmart workers want to exercise their right to start a union, thus, reversing a 27 year negative union trend?

I'm sure the Walmart workers will vote for Obama - woop dee doo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;2662971]Hmmm...:rolleyes:

Could it be that the "great economist" McCain favors "free trade" while 80 cents of every dollar spent at Walmart goes directly to China?

Could it be that McCain favors anti-union big bidness and Walmart workers want to exercise their right to start a union, thus, reversing a 27 year negative union trend?

I'm sure the Walmart workers will vote for Obama - woop dee doo.[/QUOTE]

I know a handful of people who work for Walmart. They all get treated like **** compared to people who work most anywhere else. I have a hard time believing many of them will vote for somebody because Walmart tells them to. Hell, if Walmart was in charge, they wouldn't even let them off work to go vote, lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;2663114]I know a handful of people who work for Walmart. They all get treated like **** compared to people who work most anywhere else. I have a hard time believing many of them will vote for somebody because Walmart tells them to. Hell, if Walmart was in charge, they wouldn't even let them off work to go vote, lol.[/QUOTE]

It was reported in ASSOCIATED PRESS today (8/2) that Walmart (the largest employer in the US) is trying to encourage its workers to vote for McCain.

Unreal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;2663281]It was reported in ASSOCIATED PRESS today (8/2) that Walmart (the largest employer in the US) is trying to encourage its workers to vote for McCain.

Unreal.[/QUOTE]
    But on the other hand if Unions were to do the same, that would be OK.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2663316]But on the other hand if Unions were to do the same, that would be OK.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Anyone want to compare quotes/footage of union management pushing for Democrats vs. Walmart management pushing for McCain? See who's more "unreal"? The one-sidededness would be comparable to a beauty contest between a Code Pink granny and Angelina Jolie.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2663316]But on the other hand if Unions were to do the same, that would be OK.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Each would have to make the case for why voting for their candidate will ultimately benefit the WalMart worker. WalMart is notorious for jettisoning employees just before they reach vesting in their pension or can lock in healthcare. Reduces overhead, of course. If I was a WalMart worker, I'd have to know what McCain is going to do to offer me job security and the opportunity to vest, not to mention fair wages. Does McCain offer support for any of these employee concerns?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Why does Walmart favor McCain? [/QUOTE]

Unmitigated Evil?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2663414]Each would have to make the case for why voting for their candidate will ultimately benefit the WalMart worker. WalMart is notorious for jettisoning employees just before they reach vesting in their pension or can lock in healthcare. Reduces overhead, of course. If I was a WalMart worker, I'd have to know what McCain is going to do to offer me job security and the opportunity to vest, not to mention fair wages. Does McCain offer support for any of these employee concerns?[/QUOTE]

But again, Unions tell their membership all the time who to vote for, and many of these union members don't have a clue about the issues. Why is it OK for Unions to do this but not for companies? It is not like the employer is going into the voting booth with the employee. I was once in a union and it recommended that I vote for Chuck Schumer. Guess what I did? I made up my own mind, like these Wal Mart employees are free to do, to.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The difference being that most union members probably feel that their union has their best interests in mind, whether they do or dont, while Walmart employees probably don't think Walmart has their best interests in mind at all. If they did they would probably treat them a little better. Some unions actually do a lot more than what I've heard Walmart has done so far. My parents (both belong to unions) got so many phone calls during the weekend before and days up to the PA democratic primary that they had to turn their phone off.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Union Person myself and frankly 95% of the time I vote just the opposite of who the union backs. I vote for the person who I think is better qualified to run the country.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WalMart sets up the classic dilemma between worker and consumer. What's good for one is usually bad for the other.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2663595]I am a Union Person myself...[/QUOTE]

And I'm Jesus Christ, Mother Mary and Elvis....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the difference between a union and an employer in politics?

An employer can threaten the livelihood of a worker (with something unrelated to their work) by interfering with thats persons right to vote their conscience.

A union cannot threaten a persons livelihood, but, can ask for political support the same way a Jehovas Witness can ask for support. It's your choice to accept or decline.

Do you have a choice with the first example? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;2664229]Whats the difference between a union and an employer in politics?

An employer can threaten the livelihood of a worker (with something unrelated to their work) by interfering with thats persons right to vote their conscience.

A union cannot threaten a persons livelihood, but, can ask for political support the same way a Jehovas Witness can ask for support. It's your choice to accept or decline.

Do you have a choice with the first example? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]Again, does Sam Walton go into the voting booth with every employee?
    And the Union telling a member to vote a certain way is most assuredly trying to intefere with their conscience as much as you claim Wal-Mart is. Why else would they make such a recommendation?
    And unions have never been known to ostracize "scabs".:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;2663281]It was reported in ASSOCIATED PRESS today (8/2) that Walmart (the largest employer in the US) is trying to encourage its workers to vote for McCain.

Unreal.[/QUOTE]

Amazing, ain't it, the largest employer in the US is the worst company to work for?

If I didn't like working for the company, I quit and found another job! Does WM force folks at gunpoint to work for them?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;2664229]Whats the difference between a union and an employer in politics?

Do you have a choice with the first example? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What an ignorant post. Who said Walmart is threatening its employees?? I know your a liberal...but this is really a stretch.