Thread: Is Chad really that much better than Glenn Foli?

Is Chad really that much better than Glenn Foli?

Remember Glenn?

Same size as Chad. Same average arm strength. Same good prescense in the huddle and lockeroom. Same smarts n savvy. Same kinda brittle. Of course Glenn never had Chad talent around him. But, I was just remembering training camp back in '98 at Hofstra and it made me wonder...

I know the Chad supporters will go nuts on this idea. So, lets just narrow this down to fans who are actually old enough to REMEMBER Foli - ok?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Remember Glenn?

Same size as Chad. Same average arm strength. Same good prescense in the huddle and lockeroom. Same smarts n savvy. Same kinda brittle. Of course Glenn never had Chad talent around him. But, I was just remembering training camp back in '98 at Hofstra and it made me wonder...

I know the Chad supporters will go nuts on this idea. So, lets just narrow this down to fans who are actually old enough to REMEMBER Foli - ok?
    Yes..Pennington is better than Foley...like was this a serious question?

no one was better than foli sopne

Veteran
    Is this honestly a question or are you just being an ass?

Remember Glenn?

I see where you are coming from in this argument, but Chad is a better QB than Foley ever was. Has a lot better game smarts, better leadership qualities to his game and less likely to thrown the INT.

Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Is this honestly a question or are you just being an ass?
    Don't be so quick to give it to Foley, he definatly had his moments. I believe he still owns the JETS all time passing yards in a game record (Opening Day, SF, '98 400+)

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the cannoli was named after glenn foli.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLyle IZ GOD View Post
    Don't be so quick to give it to Foley, he definatly had his moments. I believe he still owns the JETS all time passing yards in a game record (Opening Day, SF, '98 400+)
    I think it's Kenny O' Brien from the Miami shootout in 85 who owns that record.

29-43 479 yards. 4 TD 1 INT

The year before though he had 5 TD passes against the bucs in a 62-28 blowout.

Hall Of Fame
    Remember Glenn?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post

You're right. Ken O'Brien overall had a much better carreer than Foley. By no means am I saying Foley was a good quarterback, simply that he had his moments (though few and far between) in a green and white uniform.

I don't know if Chad is a better QB than Glenn Foli, but I'm sure he is a better QB than Glenn's long lost brother, the old Met shortstop, Tim Foli.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    I don't know if Chad is a better QB than Glenn Foli, but I'm sure he is a better QB than Glenn's long lost brother, the old Met shortstop, Tim Foli.
    LOL

Lets not forget Tim Berra the great DB for the Baltimore Colts (and son of Yogi )

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    no one was better than foli sopne
    You used to do drugs?

Im not even old enough to even remeber glenn foley. But im gonna have to say no considering CP isnt even a better QB than my cat.

You're right. Ken O'Brien overall had a much better carreer than Foley. By no means am I saying Foley was a good quarterback, simply that he had his moments (though few and far between) in a green and white uniform.
    That opening day was his only moment .

Nice thread.

Who was better Al Woodall or Bob Davis?

Remember that game well, the famous 51-45 in OT. O'Brien went nuts that day, well both QB's did... Marino was also having a fantastic day. Both defenses were crap and no secondary what so ever, Duper and Clayton were shredding us, but we had Shuler, Toon, McNeil and Walker few NFL teams could match that fire power. O'Brien could've been great if he had learned not to hold on to ball so long, basically he would stand in the pocket and wait an eternety for someone to get open and then hit them, he would get brutalized as a result, but man did he have a cannon! Kenny took some of the worst beatings you will ever see a QB take. 51-45 was for the ages though and what I loved about Kenny is how he would get up to play against Marino.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Remember that game well, the famous 51-45 in OT. O'Brien went nuts that day, well both QB's did... Marino was also having a fantastic day. Both defenses were crap and no secondary what so ever, Duper and Clayton were shredding us, but we had Shuler, Toon, McNeil and Walker few NFL teams could match that fire power. O'Brien could've been great if he had learned not to hold on to ball so long, basically he would stand in the pocket and wait an eternety for someone to get open and then hit them, he would get brutalized as a result, but man did he have a cannon! Kenny took some of the worst beatings you will ever see a QB take. 51-45 was for the ages though and what I loved about Kenny is how he would get up to play against Marino.
    Agreed! One of the best Jets games I have ever seen! Kenny O to Walker! TD!

Pennington in a 9 year career had fewer than 10 (some say only 5) outstanding games.

Foli in only 2 years had 3 outstanding games.

Penny played with better teams.

Its a valid comparison that people just cant handle.

PS - If Favre becomes our QB you wil see an immediate difference - the same difference as we saw when Vinny came in for Foli in '98.

Hall Of Fame

C'mon, you guys need to brush up on your Jets history.

Haven't you ever heard of the great Namath - Unitas battle in 1972 in Baltimore ??

Unitas was 26-45 for 376 and 2 TDs...and he lost!

Namath's greatest stat game ever.

He was 15-28...496 yds and 6 TDs.

15 completions for 496 Yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Td passes of 10 yards, 28 yards, 65 yards, 67 yards, 79 yards and 80 yards.

Un-freekin'-believable!