Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad's winning this thing and he won't look back...

Chad's winning this thing and he won't look back...

ACM is toast...Bwahahahahahahahah!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    This is why we need Favre.

Threads like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This is why we need Favre.

Threads like these.

We don't need Favre man, this team will be clicking on all cylinders with Chad. The defense will be sick and Chad finally has his gamebreaker in Keller, we'll be alright. I come here and all I get is doom and gloom from the ACM. Look, I've said it all along, if Kellen beats Chad fair and square I can take all the ridicule you throw my way, I can care less. All I want is the best guy to lead my team, but I also realize it takes a lot more than just the QB, these guys are obsessed over the QB, so obsessed that they hang on to every pass that Chad or Kellen throws, some of the replies to Sooth's play by play reflect that level of lunacy. You cannot talk serious football with these kids because they just don't understand the game, so I resort to making fun of them, but they can't take a joke either. All I know is that this team is stacked for a run and no one is taking that joy away from me, you guys want to continue the doom and gloom go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    We don't need Favre man, this team will be clicking on all cylinders with Chad. The defense will be sick and Chad finally has his gamebreaker in Keller, we'll be alright. I come here and all I get is doom and gloom from the ACM. Look, I've said it all along, if Kellen beats Chad fair and square I can take all the ridicule you throw my way, I can care less. All I want is the best guy to lead my team, but I also realize it takes a lot more than just the QB, these guys are obsessed over the QB, so obsessed that they hang on to every pass that Chad or Kellen throws, some of the replies to Sooth's play by play reflect that level of lunacy. You cannot talk serious football with these kids because they just don't understand the game, so I resort to making fun of them, but they can't take a joke either. All I know is that this team is stacked for a run and no one is taking that joy away from me, you guys want to continue the doom and gloom go right ahead.
    Kettle; Black.

Hall Of Fame
    Chad's pass would be picked off before it'd even reach Keller.

All Pro
    ACM is toast...Bwahahahahahahahah!!!
    your funny and on crack....chaddy and KC scored the same points.

Veteran
    is there any good qbs coming out in this years draft

I think Chad will have the edge after today if he didn't before. I think he starts the 1st pre-season game and as long as he plays well I think he'll start the 3rd vs the Giants. Somwhere before that game I think he'll be named the starter.

JMO.

Anyone actually happy that Pennington is winning this battle is either mentally unstable or a relative of Chads.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    Kettle; Black.

Some of you are smart enough to understand the game, but your level of objectivity doesn't allow you to see things clearly. Some of you are just plain dumb, it's not surprising. It's my experience that when the majority of people agree on something they are most likely wrong, don't shoot the messenger now.

I am glad that some diehard ACMers like Revis actually went in to training camp with an open mind and reported what they saw in an objective manner, there are exceptions to the rule. While others try to spin every thing positive that Chad does in a negative light, these people have lost all objectivity now and this Chad issue has become their crusade, it's turned into a pissing contest for them.

I can only speak for myself but my thing has always been supporting the best man for the job, that's it nothing else. If Chad is the best we have right now and he's the best man than I root for him, if it's Clemens I do the same, I want best for the team. That's why I wouldn't be disappointed if they manage to bring in Favre even if they trade Chad... as long as I know that the team will be better off for it, again I don't care who it is as long as the player is the best man for the team whoever he is.

I also don't care how much abuse or ridicule you want to throw my way, I don't care about the insults either, but if you throw some you have to be willing to take also, it's a two way street.

It is funny that you said that because from what i heard on the play by play today Clemens was the better QB despite the score.

Silkmojet makes me want to hate Chad Pennington.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Anyone actually happy that Pennington is winning this battle is either mentally unstable or a relative of Chads.
    I don't think any of us are really happy with it, rather just trying to make the best of the situation.

Why enter the season with the mindset that all is lost with Chad behind center? Is he a top notch starter? Not close. But he's still a solid gamemanager who will now have the benefit of a strong O-line and defense for the first time since 2004.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I think it's pretty universal that Chad has the upper hand as of now.

All League
    Its going to be sad to watch Keller go to waste if Chad wins the job.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Some of you anti chad guys are gettign way to carried away..

This team will be boring, efficient and probably a 10 game winner with Chad behind center..

The problem is, as far as I see it, is that a CPF like season signs us up for another 2 years minimum and the guy has proven he can't string together 2 solid seasons..I see no reason to believe he will at 32 and 33. Beyond that, I seriously question whether or not Chad is SB good, or in other words, short of the 200 Ravens defense, can we win a SB with him. I think not.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't think any of us are really happy with it, rather just trying to make the best of the situation.

Why enter the season with the mindset that all is lost with Chad behind center? Is he a top notch starter? Not close. But he's still a solid gamemanager who will now have the benefit of a strong O-line and defense for the first time since 2004.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I think it's pretty universal that Chad has the upper hand as of now.
    Because as of right now, the Jets are the ONLY team in the league he would start for?

Because he makes life difficult for everyone else around him offensively?

Because hes 32 years old and has had 2 shoulder surgeries?

Because he hasn't been good/productive in six seasons?

Because he has the WORST arm of any starter in the league?

Because he has zero upside?

Because he won 1 game as a starter last year while costing us several with his pathetic arm?

Because if he starts this season, most likely he will bore us to death next season too?

Because he provides absolutely no threat against a good defensive team?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Some of you anti chad guys are gettign way to carried away..

This team will be boring, efficient and probably a 10 game winner with Chad behind center..

The problem is, as far as I see it, is that a CPF like season signs us up for another 2 years minimum and the guy has proven he can't string together 2 solid seasons..I see no reason to believe he will at 32 and 33. Beyond that, I seriously question whether or not Chad is SB good, or in other words, short of the 200 Ravens defense, can we win a SB with him. I think not.
    I honestly think the most we would win 7 games with Chad. Our defense isn't good enough to hold everyone to 10 points.

lol @ 3 more seasons of an absolute garbage QB. Sigh........

You 'seriously question'. Chad ain't winning an SB unless he has the 2000 Ravens defense. Not a chance.

Based off of his potential from last season, Kellen should be our qb.....don't care about the training camp battle......all bets are off when you are in a real game down by 6 and need a td drive to win late in the 4th quarter and you don't have the "red jersey" on......Ironically back in 02 Chad was struggling in TC and practices and when he finally got a shot in the real games he lit it up

Not to say I don't believe we can do well with chad at qb, because we can, but I think Kellen would give us the best chance to win moving forward, simple as that

And anyway, from what I heard, Kellen had the better couple days and scrimmage today, albeit, not by much

Jets Insider VIP
    LOCK DUMP BAN...

Chad has no chance of winning this battle. Don't be naive. Mangini is not trying out Chad. He knows him very well. He knows everything he can do and everything he can't. This battle is all about KC.

KC has to prove he can play. He is going to do this bar none. The reason is because he does not get emotional during failure. He does not lose his composure ever. The guy was thrown to the wolves last year and I thought he played great. Regardless of the stats, we scored more points when Kellen was in there.

He may not be as consistent or smart as Chad right now. But his talent and moxie more than make up for it.

Forget Chad, in mho KC will finish in the TOP 8 Qbs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtracey10 View Post
    Silkmojet makes me want to hate Chad Pennington.

You see , that's exactly my point, you allow for someone to annoy you to the point that you don't see things clearly anymore. Now you have to be right at all costs... you have lost objectivity, now you don't analize things with an open mind.