Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chamberlain Will miss next start - sent to NY for Tests

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Chamberlain Will miss next start - sent to NY for Tests

Chamberlain to go back to NY for tests

August 5

Joba Chamberlain will fly back to New York tomorrow for an MRI and other tests on his right shoulder.

Chamberlain said he was injured in the fifth inning while pitching. “It was something where it grabbed and popped and got stiff,” he said.

The injury appears more muscular in nature and does not involve the labrum or rotator cuff. “It doesn’t hurt in the wrong places,” Chamberlain said. “My velocity was fine.”

Joe Girardi said that at the very least, Chamberlain would miss his next start. The last time he said that about a starter was Chien-Ming Wang.

Given his age and importance to the organization, you can expect the Yankees to be very cautious with Chamberlain. It’s almost certain he will go on the disabled list and he could be shut down for a while.

Ian Kennedy, Phil Hughes, Carl Pavano, Jarrod Washburn, Darrell Rasner, Paul Byrd, Livan Hernandez … your guess is as good as mine as to what they will do. But somebody has to face the Angels on Friday and then you go from there.

————

Meanwhile, the grand slam came on Damaso Proctor’s 42nd pitch. That’s the most he has thrown in a game since Aug. 6, 2006.

The Yankees did not have Giese, Veras or Rivera. They did have David Robertson, however.
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/08/0...-ny-for-tests/

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy they are being cautious with him, but this is really hard to take. This is the injury that finally cripples us. We were able to withstand them up to this point, but I really, really doubt we stick around in the playoff race for much longer.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The word "snakebit" comes to mind.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Generation Tre is really starting to look like Generation K. Hope this is nothing too major.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Generation Ghey

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch.

This season was doomed from the start. You can't have this many injuries on the pitching staff and expect to do anything.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I'm happy they are being cautious with him, but this is really hard to take. This is the injury that finally cripples us. We were able to withstand them up to this point, but I really, really doubt we stick around in the playoff race for much longer.
    someone is going to have to step in here and pitch 6 innings the next couple of turns in the rotation, thats it, has to happen

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This would be the proverbial straw that broke the camels back

Lord knows we have sustianed our fair share of injuries, but if this one keeps Joba off the field for any length of time {DL+} you can kiss this season goodbye .. at that point the most important thing is that its not too serious and will not effect Joba in 2009 and beyond .. this season would be toast if he's lost for three to four weeks, but our future is centered around Joba as well, he is the center-piece, our young, home grown, flame throwing beast and we were building the future around his bona-fide elite ace ability/ceiling
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-05-2008 at 11:38 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    This would be the proverbial straw that broke the camels back

Lord knows we have sustianed our fair share of injuries, but if this one keeps Joba off the field for any length of time {DL+} you can kiss this season goodbye .. at that point the most important thing is that its not too serious and will not effect Joba in 2009 and beyond .. this season would be toast if he's lost for three to four weeks, but our future is centered around Joba as well, he is the center-piece, our young, home grown, flame throwing beast and we were building the future around his bona-fide elite ace ability/ceiling
    I'll pretty much agree with that. I wanted Kennedy to replace Rasner, not Joba.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I'll pretty much agree with that. I wanted Kennedy to replace Rasner, not Joba.

I agree. Attrition has killed us. Let's at least see what IPK and PH can do the last 40-50 games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad we kept Hughes and Kennedy instead of trading for Johan Santana ... NOT!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    pavano should pay us if he takes the mound.kennedy should be ready by now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    pavano should pay us if he takes the mound.kennedy should be ready by now.
    I don't know why everyone on the radio is saying it's going to be either Pavano or Phil Hughes - Kennedy has shown me a lot more than those other two.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I don't know why everyone on the radio is saying it's going to be either Pavano or Phil Hughes - Kennedy has shown me a lot more than those other two.
    Pavano will never pitch in a Yankee uniform again.

Any rehab he's doing is in the hopes that some scout from some other team likes what they see and they decide to take him in a waiver deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Pavano will never pitch in a Yankee uniform again.

Any rehab he's doing is in the hopes that some scout from some other team likes what they see and they decide to take him in a waiver deal.
    I bet he makes it up...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Don Lagreca no result released but he is slated to meet Dr. James Andrews tomorrow which can't be good. That is exactly what Lagreca said.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    According to Don Lagreca no result released but he is slated to meet Dr. James Andrews tomorrow which can't be good. That is exactly what Lagreca said.
    ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****.

Dr. Andrews = Recommends if he should have surgery or rehab.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats quacktastic...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pitchers who see Dr Andrews normally measure their absences in months and sometimes years, not days or weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very bad news indeed. I'm not like guys on MR. I actually enjoyed watching Joba pitch even though he is in pinstripes. Inning for inning he has been one of the better pitchers in the league this season. If I were the Yanks, I would take 0 chances with him and shut him down for the season or if they want, put him back in the pen even if there is no serious damage.