Thread: Big Papi hears 'click' in wrist

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Big Papi hears 'click' in wrist

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3519949

Boston Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz said he felt a "click" in his troublesome left wrist in an at-bat in Monday night's loss at Kansas City, the Boston Herald reported.

In the ninth inning, with two men on base and the Royals leading 4-2, Ortiz grounded out against Kansas City closer Joakim Soria. He said afterwards that he felt a click in his left wrist early in the at-bat, the Herald reported.

"My last at-bat, it kind of pulled back a little bit," Ortiz said of his wrist, according to the Herald. "You feel that click and you get a little concerned about it."

He said he did not know if the situation would affect whether he would play Tuesday night, according to the report

"The main thing is to make sure my hand feels fine," Ortiz said, the newspaper reported. "I don't want to be thinking about my hand and my timing -- it's too much."

Ortiz, who missed the better part of two months with a torn tendon sheath in his left wrist, missed nearly two months resting and rehabilitating the injury. Team medical personnel told him he might feel movement in his wrist from time to time, according to the report.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Click in his wrist my ass. That's a psychosomatic response to "oh sh-t, I don't have Manny batting behind me any more, which means I'm never gonna see another good pitch!"

F- big poopi and the sawx