Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: So many posters so little brains.

  1. #1

    So many posters so little brains.

    How is chad at 1-7 last year the man and kellen at 3-5 dog sht?

    If I remember correctly those were Kellens first starts.

    If I remember correctly no QB comes into the NFL ready.

    If I remember correctly practice is just that practice. INTs in practice are a good thing it means the QB is taking chances when he should be and not checking down more often then not in PRACTICE. WHICH IS THE TIME TO MAKE MISTAKES.

    How does chad give you the better chance to win? His only weapon was his mind and he was making game losing mistakes left and right last year.

    Kellen even if not as accurate forces Ds to cover much more field then chad.

    IN THE END KELLEN MADE MORE OF THE TEAM AROUND HIM THEN CHAD WAS ABLE TO.

    YEAH I KNOW I KNOW CHAD WAS HURT.... Chad is always hurt though which is another thing to keep in mind.

    Maybe chad is on the roster to push kellen.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    If the posters got to pick the QB Kellen would be starting.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hatboro, PA
    Posts
    981
    Another one of these.... Really?

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Whats wrong with expecting Kellen to be perfect after only 8 starts? He doesnt have Dan Marino's pocket presence yet. He doesnt have Steve Young's arm. Obviously he must suck.

  6. #6
    Can't this go in one of the other three trillion Chad/Kellen treads?

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    368
    Can anyone cite an example where one of these posts actually changed someone's mind?

    Poster A: No, really, Kellen IS better!

    Poster B: Well since you put it that way. My bad.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON View Post
    Dump.
    thanks for the contribution. you are lame.

    What should I be talking about some stupid off topic stuff?

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,320
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonio_JetFan View Post
    Can't this go in one of the other three trillion Chad/Kellen treads?
    Lately, they have been cleverly disguising the themes of the threads.

    It goes like this:

    1. Title having nothing to do with CHad/Clemens
    2. Instant, no holds barred assault on Chad or Clemens
    3. One or two posts acknowledging the fraudulant title
    4. One or two posts about "not another Chad/Clemens thread"
    5. 79 Chad/Clemens argument posts

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,201

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post

    If I remember correctly no QB comes into the NFL ready.

    Maybe someone should have told Tom Brady and the Patriots that.

    Not trying to start anything but, this board IS FILLED with extremely knowledgeable posters. We, as fans don't get to choose who is on our roster and who isn't. We root for our players and our team.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    How is chad at 1-7 last year the man and kellen at 3-5 dog sht?

    If I remember correctly those were Kellens first starts.

    If I remember correctly no QB comes into the NFL ready.

    If I remember correctly practice is just that practice. INTs in practice are a good thing it means the QB is taking chances when he should be and not checking down more often then not in PRACTICE. WHICH IS THE TIME TO MAKE MISTAKES.

    How does chad give you the better chance to win? His only weapon was his mind and he was making game losing mistakes left and right last year.

    Kellen even if not as accurate forces Ds to cover much more field then chad.

    IN THE END KELLEN MADE MORE OF THE TEAM AROUND HIM THEN CHAD WAS ABLE TO.

    YEAH I KNOW I KNOW CHAD WAS HURT.... Chad is always hurt though which is another thing to keep in mind.

    Maybe chad is on the roster to push kellen.
    Congrats, you're my new favorite JI Poster.

    Keep it up!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lately, they have been cleverly disguising the themes of the threads.

    It goes like this:

    1. Title having nothing to do with CHad/Clemens
    2. Instant, no holds barred assault on Chad or Clemens
    3. One or two posts acknowledging the fraudulant title
    4. One or two posts about "not another Chad/Clemens thread"
    5. 79 Chad/Clemens argument posts

    And it's always a good idea to start the thead off by insulting the board's members.

  13. #13
    Attacking the intelligence of other posters in the title is most definitely a perfect way to convince them to fall on your side of the argument.. Actually, it seems pretty clear to me that more posters want Clemens to start as opposed to Pennington, so it is kind of odd that you think the pro Pennington camp is the majority.. Either way, I will be happy when a decision is made and we can all just move forward.. I'll be happily cheering for either guy come opening day.. I think the team will be much improved no matter what the qb decision is.. Hopefully, once the regular season gets rolling, whoever Mangini picks is playing well and the posters can be celebrating instead of arguing..

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bayville & Sec334
    Posts
    2,099
    Chad lovers - TD/Int ratio and QB rating
    Kellen lovers - win/loss, experience, making the throws

    To me - it's simple.

    Who in their right mind would say Chad could make an adequate team a Super Bowl team? no one.

    Chad takes the 2004 team that was more than adequate and scores 3 points in Pittsburg = "L"

    Do we know for a fact Kellen is not special after 7 starts behind a **** line?

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    21,201

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Min81 View Post
    Attacking the intelligence of other posters in the title is most definitely a perfect way to convince them to fall on your side of the argument.. Actually, it seems pretty clear to me that more posters want Clemens to start as opposed to Pennington, so it is kind of odd that you think the pro Pennington camp is the majority.. Either way, I will be happy when a decision is made and we can all just move forward.. I'll be happily cheering for either guy come opening day.. I think the team will be much improved no matter what the qb decision is.. Hopefully, once the regular season gets rolling, whoever Mangini picks is playing well and the posters can be celebrating instead of arguing..

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    While I agree that Clemens winning the starting job over the physically and style-of-play limited Chad Pennington, calling those with contrary opinion idiots, dumb, or having little brains is not a good idea.

    Make your point without the insults. Otherwise, the valid point you may be making loses its impact.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Sweet Irony.

    So many posters, so few brains.

  18. #18

  19. #19

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by EY View Post
    Sweet Irony.

    So many posters, so few brains.
    I wear a size 7 7/8 hat.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us