Thread: Yanks Should Sign Livan Hernandez

Banned

Yanks Should Sign Livan Hernandez

Regardless of whether or not Joba is out for a long time. I know Livan's numbers this year aren't good (10-8, 5.48 ERA) but they're not terrible either and he's better than any other options the Yankees have (Hughes, Kennedy, Pavano). And he has a big-game experience and wouldn't cost anything - not that that really matters to Cashman (except when it comes to getting Johan Santana or CC Sabathia).

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Regardless of whether or not Joba is out for a long time. I know Livan's numbers this year aren't good (10-8, 5.48 ERA) but they're not terrible either and he's better than any other options the Yankees have (Hughes, Kennedy, Pavano). And he has a big-game experience and wouldn't cost anything - not that that really matters to Cashman (except when it comes to getting Johan Santana or CC Sabathia).
    Livan is DONE. His numbers aren't worse than they are because he got off to a great start this year. For the last month and a half or so, he's been absolutely putrid. He's given up waaaaaaay more hits than innings pitched and I recently read that he was barely topping 80 mph on his pitches. No thanks. I'd rather see Carl Pavano in the rotation, than Livan Hernandez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Let's sign Dwight Gooden too

All Pro
    He's being clocked at 82 now. How is he a better option than what we have now? Let IPK have another shot.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Let's sign Dwight Gooden too

You saw his "Will pitch for crack" sign also?

Yankees should also slit their wrists and listen to the Backstreet Boys

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post

Pretty much everything the other guys said. Why bring in a scrub like this? The season is likely shot so let's see what the kids can do.

Hall Of Fame
    The Mets are reportedly interested in Livan.

I hope not though.

9 runs through 2.2

If a 5.5 ERA along with on pace to give up more hits in a season than any other pitcher aren't terrible, then what is?

I was stunned that Beningo and Evans were saying how dumb it was for the Yankees to not sign Livan. Seriously? The guy is beyond horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    If a 5.5 ERA along with on pace to give up more hits in a season than any other pitcher aren't terrible, then what is?

I was stunned that Beningo and Evans were saying how dumb it was for the Yankees to not sign Livan. Seriously? The guy is beyond horrible.
    Beningo wanted them to? Bahahaha.

That guy has really lost it over the last year or so.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Beningo wanted them to? Bahahaha.

That guy has really lost it over the last year or so.
    Can't lose what you don't have.

Livan's fastball is at what 82? Not bad for someone in his late 40's....Heck his "dad" is still pitching into his 60's too (well kinda pitching)!