Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is greed good?

Is that really you? Man, I pictured a hippy looking dude.

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1040/1368595172_78db5bb4d8.jpg?v=0[/IMG]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2670875][IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/6/iminurbasemin128625414380497790.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;2671052]Is that really you? Man, I pictured a hippy looking dude.
    [/QUOTE]

That is the real PK. But hippy? Naw....just your average shaved head, death metal listening service tech with issues. :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2669526][B]I didn't say that. If you read my first sentence I said Greed that doesn't harm others is good. There is a lot of greed that DOES harm others.[/B]

I'd say usury is the most damaging form of greed in society. As Einstein said, the most powerful force in the universe is compound interest.[/QUOTE]

And that my friend is where the term "walking a razors edge" can be expressed. Perhaps we should ask Jeremy Bentham, Pete Singer, or any of the past few centuries most vocal Utilitarians....I'm sure they would all agree as long as the many outweigh the few...

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2669129]I don't know. Is lust, gluttony, sloth, wrath, envy or pride good also?

Make up your mind, dude. Are you a Christian or are you not. A Christian wouldn't ask such a retarded question as this. If you think greed is good...it's obvious that you hate baby Jesus, Christmas and our Judeo-Christian belief system and probably regularly engage in sacrificing goats to the demon-lord Bael while drinking the blood of a pit viper mixed with the blood of a dead child. You sick sick bastard ;)

Of course greed is good. So is premarital sex and violence and drugs and nudity.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I like this part.

it's obvious that you hate baby Jesus, Christmas and our Judeo-Christian belief system and probably regularly engage in sacrificing goats to the demon-lord Bael while drinking the blood of a pit viper mixed with the blood of a dead child.

Sounds like quite an individual!:eek:

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2669790]You guys are crossing terms here

Is greed good? What kind of question is that? Greed by its definition is the drive to take from others for your benefit with no regard for the others well being. Greed is what occurs when a bunch of millionaire bankers get a lame presidential candidate elected so he can empower them to fleece the planet of untold dollars. How is that good?

Now a drive to succeed is good, that is what typically separates the do mores from the do lesses. Wanting to be successful is great, pushing hard to become successful with a deal of self sacrifice is great, pushing to strive for more is great as long as you don't harm others..... I don't think that you can personify GREED without doing harm to others either directly or indirectly[/QUOTE]

Uh, bro, I gave Mr. Williams' def of greed...read my post again!

Getting all you can legally is what brought America from a 3rd world nation to the most powerful and wealthy and benevolent nation in history!

When tragedy strikes somewhere in the world, what nation is often the first to respond and provides the most help?

[QUOTE=asuusa;2676099]Uh, bro, I gave Mr. Williams' def of greed...read my post again!

Getting all you can legally is what brought America from a 3rd world nation to the most powerful and wealthy and benevolent nation in history!

When tragedy strikes somewhere in the world, what nation is often the first to respond and provides the most help?[/QUOTE]

Actually, what brought America from a "3rd World" nation was its abundant natural resources and technological innovation...