Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: ****Good News: Joba Injury Update****

  1. #1

    ****Good News: Joba Injury Update****

    LoHud


    * * * * * * * 7:21 p.m. UPDATE ON JOBA * * * * *

    This from Brian Cashman: Chamberlain has what is being described as rotator cuff tendinitis. He will be rested for “about a week” and then start a throwing program after being evaluated again.
    He will return to New York.

    Just for your own reference: “tendinitis” is a nice way to say he has a little tear in his rotator cuff.

    Joe Girardi said before the game he was optimistic Joba would play again this season. But a rotator cuff issue is nothing to mess around with. Don’t expect to see Chamberlain any time soon this season, if at all.
    THANK THE ****ING LORD.

    Doesn't sound good for this year, but it also sounds like there's no reason he shouldn't come back strong next year, as the same pitcher. Thank God.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-06-2008 at 07:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    LoHud




    THANK THE ****ING LORD.

    Doesn't sound good for this year, but it also sounds like there's no reason he shouldn't come back strong next year, as the same pitcher. Thank God.
    We weren't going anywhere anyway this year. THANK GOD he's ok. They're doing the right thing being extra conservative with him.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    We weren't going anywhere anyway this year. THANK GOD he's ok. They're doing the right thing being extra conservative with him.
    I'm an adult and I consider myself to be well balanced but I've been feeling terrible during the last 48 hours. The prospect of him never being the same made me feel like saying "what's the point?". Baseball is only a game and not very important in the whole scheme of things but joba starts this year have made me feel like i had been given a gift and one that i was not looking forward to giving up.

    If there's any further injury risk this year, shut him down, this could have been a lot worse (obviously)

    The frustrating part right now - with the massive injuries hitting pitching prospects, we're facing innings limits again with Joba and Hughes.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 08-06-2008 at 07:41 PM.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    would this make it more likely that he will (eventually) have some real shlder problems

  5. #5
    I wonder if next year, he'll have pitch count and inning limits.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'm an adult and I consider myself to be well balanced but I've been feeling terrible during the last 48 hours. The prospect of him never being the same made me feel like saying "what's the point?". Baseball is only a game and not very important in the whole scheme of things but joba starts this year have made me feel like i had been given a gift and one that i was not looking forward to giving up.

    If there's any further injury risk this year, shut him down, this could have been a lot worse (obviously)

    The frustrating part right now - with the massive injuries hitting pitching prospects, we're facing innings limits again with Joba and Hughes.
    Yeah I'm on the same page, bro. I was just thinking the same thing about the innings limit too. Hughes' in particular is going to be a problem next year.

    Only strengthens the case to make a push for Sabathia

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    would this make it more likely that he will (eventually) have some real shlder problems
    Obviously it doesn't help, which is why I shut him down, and let it heal. Don't let him pick up a ball until March.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    would this make it more likely that he will (eventually) have some real shlder problems
    I don't think so. Remember, Halladay had a similar problem 4 years ago.

    Here's some info on tendinitis. It not really s Abraham describes it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendinitis

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Isn't this wht Posada has and needed surgery for?? He is only a catcher, clearly it is more serious for a pitcher, no?

  10. #10
    By the way, I think I know why the Yankees sent Joba to Dr. Andrews. Rotator cuff tendinitis was the initial diagnosis that Posada was given, after he came back from that, and he still couldn't throw, they sent him to Andrews and he told them it was a lot worse. Looks like they learned from their mistakes.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Isn't this wht Posada has and needed surgery for?? He is only a catcher, clearly it is more serious for a pitcher, no?
    That was the initial diagnosis, until they later learned it was a torn rotator cuff.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I don't think so. Remember, Halladay had a similar problem 4 years ago.

    Here's some info on tendinitis. It not really s Abraham describes it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendinitis
    This is a good read on it shoulder tendinitis.

    http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec05/ch075/ch075j.html

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    That was the initial diagnosis, until they later learned it was a torn rotator cuff.
    Right, it was a tear. He also had a labrum tear according to some sources.

    Coney just eased my mind a bit too

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    That was the initial diagnosis, until they later learned it was a torn rotator cuff.
    ah...that explains it. thx

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This is a good read on it shoulder tendinitis.

    http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec05/ch075/ch075j.html
    LOL. I've learned enough reading about shoulder injuries the past 24 hours that I could probably have performed Posada's surgery

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Right, it was a tear. He also had a labrum tear according to some sources.

    Coney just eased my mind a bit too
    What he said? Tell you the truth, I'm not to interested in watching the Yankees right now.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    LOL. I've learned enough reading about shoulder injuries the past 24 hours that I could probably have performed Posada's surgery
    LOL...

  18. #18
    I'll watch the games when Kennedy and my boy Hughes is back.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'll watch the games when Kennedy and my boy Hughes is back.
    Eh, Kennedy never excites me. Hughes def does.

    I'm still peaking in with a curious eye on Nady. Liking him so far. And I'm always liking it when Cano is up.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I wonder if next year, he'll have pitch count and inning limits.
    Without a doubt he will.

    Had Joba needed shoulder surgery, I probably would have stopped watching baseball for the rest of this year. This injury hurt me. Even with it not being too serious (and by not too serious I mean it looks like he won't need the dreaded shoulder surgery), I'm really only into watching Hughes and Kennedy, and I guess Moose in hopes he can get to 20.

    I have officially given up on this Yankee season by the way. I do not think they will make the playoffs this year. Before this injury, I thought they had a solid chance. With it, I just can't see it, especially with how some of the key players have performed - I'm looking at you Jeter, Cano, and Melky. A-Rod too in big situations, but his overall numbers are where you want them to be.

    I told my girlfriend after the injury that I was done watching for the year, and of course I'm watching right now.

    edit: By the way, this should be the end of the season for Joba. Even if he's ready to start in mid September, there's no point in risking that. The goal should be to get Joba 100% for 2009.
    Last edited by JeffWeaverFan; 08-06-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us