Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free healthcare is the answer!

All Pro

Free healthcare is the answer!

[URL]http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Health/Rats-Fleas-Mice-And-Maggots-Spotted-In-British-Hospitals-According-To-The-Conservatives/Article/200808115071687?lpos=Health_6&lid=ARTICLE_15071687_Rats%252C%2BFleas%252C%2BMice%2BAnd%2BMaggots%2BSpotted%2BIn%2BBritish%2BHospitals%2BAccording%2BTo%2BThe%2BConservatives[/URL]

1:26pm UK, Wednesday August 06, 2008
    [B]Rats, fleas and maggots are regularly seen in British hospitals, according to a new report.[/B]

[IMG]http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2008/Aug/Week1/15071683.jpg[/IMG]
    There are reports that rats have been seen in a maternity ward

NHS health trusts have reported almost 20,000 incidents of pest infestation in hospitals over the past two years.
    Outbreaks have included rats in maternity wards, wasps and fleas in neo-natal units and maggots in patients' slippers.
    One viewer - Ben - told Sky News Online that his pregnant girlfriend had gone into the delivery room of their local hospital and was confronted by a bleak sight.
    "There was still blood in the corners of the room. When she climbed into the bed we peeled the sheets back to discover dirty dusty marks on the bed from what looked like someone standing on the bed."
    But the Government has dismissed suggestions that the problems were linked to the spread of hospital-acquired infections like MRSA and insisted that the threat to patient safety was "negligible".

[B]Top 10 Dirtiest NHS Trust Hospitals[/B]

[LIST]Nottingham Uni Hospitals
    Hull & East Yorks Hospitals
    Portsmouth Hospitals
    Pennine Acute Hospitals
    Guy's and St Thomas'
    Barts and the London
    York Hospitals
    Leeds Teaching Hospitals
    Southampton Uni Hospitals
    East Kent Hospitals[/LIST]
    [IMG]http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2008/Aug/Week1/15072044.jpg[/IMG]

The details - released under the Freedom of Information Act - were obtained by the Conservative Party, who contacted all 171 [URL="http://indepth.news.sky.com/InDepth/topic/National_Health_Service"][B][COLOR=#0000ff]NHS[/COLOR][/B][/URL] trusts in England.
    Of the 127 which responded, almost all were said to have experienced some problems.
    There were almost 20,000 reports of pest problems while seven out of 10 trusts said that they had called in pest control officers more than 50 times since January 2006.
    The figures showed that 80% of NHS trusts reported problems with ants, 66% with rats and 77% with mice.
    Cockroaches were said to have been reported at 59% of trusts, fleas or other biting insects at 65%, and bed bugs at 24%.
    A further 6% of trusts reported infestations of maggots. Many of the problems were said to have occurred in clinical areas.

[INDENT]The claim that insects spread hospital-acquired infections is entirely unproven. There is no evidence of their carriage of antibiotic-resistant bacteria being a hazard to patients.[/INDENT]Health minister Ivan Lewis

Health Minister Ivan Lewis said that it was up to NHS trusts to ensure that hospitals were clean and safe for patients. But he insisted that, so far, there was little evidence of any threat to patient safety.

Have a buddy here in Philly who is the "bug guy" and guess what you do not want to know where he has contracts.

USA is doing pretty well when it comes to sick and dirty hospitals.

All Pro
    This is pretty week Spirit....

All Pro
    [quote=CanadaSteve;2673112]This is pretty week Spirit....[/quote]

Guys like you always talk about how superior your "free" healthcare system is. Rats and maggots in a hospital doesn't sound so superior to me.

Despite my anecdotal evidence (relatives on long waiting lists given inferior care) that your system sucks, give me one example of someone from a different country that had to fly to Canada to be treated for an ailment their country couldn't provide.

America's healthcare system suffers from one problem: ambulance chasing lawyers filing frivilous lawsuits that drive up the costs for everyone. And we all know which party those same lawyers overwhelmingly contribute to.

[URL]http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000065[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=K[/URL]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2673322]Guys like you always talk about how superior your "free" healthcare system is. Rats and maggots in a hospital doesn't sound so superior to me.

Despite my anecdotal evidence (relatives on long waiting lists given inferior care) that your system sucks, give me one example of someone from a different country that had to fly to Canada to be treated for an ailment their country couldn't provide.

America's healthcare system suffers from one problem: ambulance chasing lawyers filing frivilous lawsuits that drive up the costs for everyone. And we all know which party those same lawyers overwhelmingly contribute to.

[URL]http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=K[/URL][/QUOTE]

You can't possibly work in healthcare. If you did, you might be aware that some of our finest hospitals have had problems with fungus growing in their recovery rooms (i.e., Columbia Presbyterian) which result in patient deaths and that infestations trouble many old facilities, regardless of country. You're like the guy who has never been a lawyer saying: "The American Court System? Best in the world. Anybody who questions me is a traitor..." It's just dumb to leap from rodent problems to "it's because of nationalized health care."

Yeah, there are no dirty hospitals in America.

Every one is a palace.

About 10 years ago a Philadelphia Highway Patrol officer crashed on his bike and had some bad leg damage. He died in Temple University Hospital from gang green that started in his leg.

Don't worry Weeb, we know you can't back up 99.9 percent of your pathetic arguments.

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2673375]You can't possibly work in healthcare. If you did, you might be aware that some of our finest hospitals have had problems with fungus growing in their recovery rooms (i.e., Columbia Presbyterian) which result in patient deaths and that infestations trouble many old facilities, regardless of country. You're like the guy who has never been a lawyer saying: "The American Court System? Best in the world. Anybody who questions me is a traitor..." It's just dumb to leap from rodent problems to "it's because of nationalized health care."[/QUOTE]

I has watching a London based ER type show, they had equiptment that looked like the stuff in doctors offices when I was a kid back in the 60"s

I cant figure out what's more ridiculous, Weeb's thread of Weeb's sig.

BTW, Is that a recent picture of you in your avatar Weeb?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2673322]Guys like you always talk about how superior your "free" healthcare system is. Rats and maggots in a hospital doesn't sound so superior to me.

[URL]http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=K[/URL][/QUOTE]

Great....keep your system...I like mine just the way it is...

And the last time ten odd times I've been to the hospital, going back fifteen odd years, I haven't seen one rat, maggot, flea, fly, mouse, or anything else. NOr has anyone else I know....I could probably cherry-pick articles about your health care system if I cared to waste the time researching it out.
    Last edited by CanadaSteve; 08-07-2008 at 10:15 PM.

[QUOTE=cr726;2672996]Have a buddy here in Philly who is the "bug guy" and guess what you do not want to know where he has contracts.

USA is doing pretty well when it comes to sick and dirty hospitals.[/QUOTE]gee, what took you so long...lol

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2675598]Great....keep your system...I like mine just the way it is...

And the last time ten odd times I've been to the hospital, going back fifteen odd years, I haven't seen one rat, maggot, flea, fly, mouse, or anything else.[/QUOTE]wasn't there a big problem in canada with funding in the 90's.has that been fixed?

[QUOTE=cr726;2673472]About 10 years ago a Philadelphia Highway Patrol officer crashed on his bike and had some bad leg damage. He died in Temple University Hospital from gang green that started in his leg.

Don't worry Weeb, we know you can't back up 99.9 percent of your pathetic arguments.[/QUOTE]i get gand green every sunday in the fall....seriously.whats your point.was it the hospitals fault? did they sue?..how bad was the leg to begin with?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2675631]wasn't there a big problem in canada with funding in the 90's.has that been fixed?[/QUOTE]

There is always problems with the system....lately, it has been increased times in the wait rooms. I was there not too long ago to get the glands in my throat examined ("kidney stones" of the salivary ducts). My wait time was a little over an hour. Other times, it took me five hours for stitches.

Two REALLY big problems are the lack of doctors, and bureaucratic waste. I don't mind that one out of roughly ten of my tax dollars goes to assure everyone gets health care......what bothers me is (rough guess) that probably 20 cents of that dollar is wasted through government bureaucracy. The money is there, it is just spent poorly.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2676123]There is always problems with the system....lately, it has been increased times in the wait rooms. I was there not too long ago to get the glands in my throat examined ("kidney stones" of the salivary ducts). My wait time was a little over an hour. Other times, it took me five hours for stitches.

Two REALLY big problems are the lack of doctors, and bureaucratic waste. I don't mind that one out of roughly ten of my tax dollars goes to assure everyone gets health care......what bothers me is (rough guess) that probably 20 cents of that dollar is wasted through government bureaucracy. The money is there, it is just spent poorly.[/QUOTE]

Your system is a joke...thats why there is a lack of doctors. you pay 10% of your income for free healthcare...and have zero say about that care. Your surprised that a government run agency that size wastes money?? It would be a monumental disaster if they ever tried to implement that here in the states.

He got an infection in the hospital, the leg was broken. You know the awesome clean hospitals in good ol' USA. It's a myth.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2675655]i get gand green every sunday in the fall....seriously.whats your point.was it the hospitals fault? did they sue?..how bad was the leg to begin with?[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2676544]He got an infection in the hospital, the leg was broken. You know the awesome clean hospitals in good ol' USA. It's a myth.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should head down to Mexico the next time you need to be hospitalized...I'm sure you would find them to be to your liking.

That's your answer? Ignore what is happening here by comparing our hospitals to a third world country. Does that make you feel better that at least we don't suck as bad as Mexico? Great hip hip hooray.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;2676559]Maybe you should head down to Mexico the next time you need to be hospitalized...I'm sure you would find them to be to your liking.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2676570]That's your answer? Ignore what is happening here by comparing our hospitals to a third world country. Does that make you feel better that at least we don't suck as bad as Mexico? Great hip hip hooray.[/QUOTE]

My point is that our health system is not going down hill. Its the best in the world. You people love to say how bad things are here...how bad America is. there is not a crisis in our healthcare system.

You are right no healthcare crisis, just a oil crisis. Quick hurry up before you know there will be rolling black outs again. Whatever happened to the rolling black outs? The people responsible went to jail and they stopped.

Our healthcare needs a major re-vamping. Insurance companies don't care if you get sick, just don't ask them to cover you for crazy stuff like surgery.
    The U.S. is not the best in the world if you are a middle class citizen. It's the best if you are either rich or poor.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;2676606]My point is that our health system is not going down hill. Its the best in the world. You people love to say how bad things are here...how bad America is. there is not a crisis in our healthcare system.[/QUOTE]