Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free healthcare is the answer!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2676617]You are right no healthcare crisis, just a oil crisis. Quick hurry up before you know there will be rolling black outs again. Whatever happened to the rolling black outs? The people responsible went to jail and they stopped.

Our healthcare needs a major re-vamping. Insurance companies don't care if you get sick, just don't ask them to cover you for crazy stuff like surgery.
    The U.S. is not the best in the world if you are a middle class citizen. It's the best if you are either rich or poor.[/QUOTE]

Which system is better if you are middle class?? And whats your definition of middle class?

The guy who pays into his insurance pays his co-pay and then gets billed again because the insurance company will only pay so much and you already had the visit. Tough luck, pay up and pay up and pay up. It never ends. Insurance has become the Mafia. They just pretend to care until you have to pay for something they can't explain and one year later they think it may of been a clerical error.

Middle class is disappearing.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;2676643]Which system is better if you are middle class?? And whats your definition of middle class?[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2676687]The guy who pays into his insurance pays his co-pay and then gets billed again because the insurance company will only pay so much and you already had the visit. Tough luck, pay up and pay up and pay up. It never ends. Insurance has become the Mafia. They just pretend to care until you have to pay for something they can't explain and one year later they think it may of been a clerical error.

Middle class is disappearing.[/QUOTE]

You didnt answer the question. Which country has a better system for the middle class??

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;2676693]You didnt answer the question. Which country has a better system for the middle class??[/QUOTE]

Nobody, The problem is allot of people want perfect and they want it free, but nothing is perfect and nothing is free!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2676687]The guy who pays into his insurance pays his co-pay and then gets billed again because the insurance company will only pay so much and you already had the visit. Tough luck, pay up and pay up and pay up. It never ends. Insurance has become the Mafia. They just pretend to care until you have to pay for something they can't explain and one year later they think it may of been a clerical error.

Middle class is disappearing.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't happen like that. If you have insurance, you are responsible for your co-pay, and the insurance company has a pre-negotiated rate with the doctor that they will pay. The rate is discounted, and the patient does not have to make up the difference, so long as he or she goes "in network". Your example is not completely accurate.

Inaccurate? I have been getting bills like that for over 1 year and a half. All in network. Check out my awesome Federal employee benefits package.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2676804]Doesn't happen like that. If you have insurance, you are responsible for your co-pay, and the insurance company has a pre-negotiated rate with the doctor that they will pay. The rate is discounted, and the patient does not have to make up the difference, so long as he or she goes "in network". Your example is not completely accurate.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2677209]Inaccurate? I have been getting bills like that for over 1 year and a half. All in network. Check out my awesome Federal employee benefits package.[/QUOTE]

Have you paid them, though? In the end it should work out. Same thing happened to me in my own hospital- they billed under a wrong provider number and I got a $700 bill. Fortunately, when you know the billing manager personally, it gets straightened out with one phonecall.:D

Our benefits work that I have to pay additionally up to I think 500 or 1k per individual then 3k for family. Something like that, I have paid. It is crazy. The gov't does not bargain very well with the insurance providers.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2677255]Have you paid them, though? In the end it should work out. Same thing happened to me in my own hospital- they billed under a wrong provider number and I got a $700 bill. Fortunately, when you know the billing manager personally, it gets straightened out with one phonecall.:D[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2677268]Our benefits work that I have to pay additionally up to I think 500 or 1k per individual then 3k for family. Something like that, I have paid. It is crazy. The gov't does not bargain very well with the insurance providers.[/QUOTE]

Is that an annual deductable? Even then, I think you still pay a lower negotiated rate, not the full "charged" fee.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;2676526]Your system is a joke...thats why there is a lack of doctors. you pay 10% of your income for free healthcare...and have zero say about that care. Your surprised that a government run agency that size wastes money?? It would be a monumental disaster if they ever tried to implement that here in the states.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, our system is a joke....tell that to the 53 million Americans who aren't covered....

Glad your happy with your system...I'll keep mine. See, we're both happy

My bills say Dr. charged this and the insurance company only pay this and therefore you must pay the difference.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2677350]Is that an annual deductable? Even then, I think you still pay a lower negotiated rate, not the full "charged" fee.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2678061]My bills say Dr. charged this and the insurance company only pay this and therefore you must pay the difference.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like out of network- unless it is a deductible issue. Or your insurance is very confusing.

All in network. I pay out the azz and the benefits blow.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2678120]Sounds like out of network- unless it is a deductible issue. Or your insurance is very confusing.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2678050]Yeah, our system is a joke....tell that to the 53 million Americans who aren't covered....

Glad your happy with your system...I'll keep mine. See, we're both happy[/QUOTE]

How many americans go to Canada for Medical Care, in fact how many non canadianas go to Canada for care. Many people from outside the US come here for the Medical Facilities in the world! Can it be better sure but free is not good and government run is asking for trouble. So Steve you can keep your system.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2678050]Yeah, our system is a joke....tell that to the 53 million Americans who aren't covered....

Glad your happy with your system...I'll keep mine. See, we're both happy[/QUOTE]

Yes I am. And mine doesnt cost me 10% of my income. Now the number is up to 53 million ?? Dont count the 12 million illegals either. They all get free healthcare.

We must cut off the flow of illegal immigrants into this country and get the welfare program under control. If we dont do this this country will go broke!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2678745]How many americans go to Canada for Medical Care, in fact how many non canadianas go to Canada for care. Many people from outside the US come here for the Medical Facilities in the world! Can it be better sure but free is not good and government run is asking for trouble. So Steve you can keep your system.[/QUOTE]

Here, let me help:

Your system is wonderful, everything is wonderful, gosh wish I had what you had?

Feel better?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;2678766]Yes I am. And mine doesn't cost me 10% of my income. Now the number is up to 53 million ?? Don't count the 12 million illegals either. They all get free health care.[/QUOTE]

Neither does mine....I said one dollar out of every taxed dollar, not ten percent of my income. And just so you understand, it is not just so I have health care. It is so everyone has health care. I have NO problem with spending the money, what I have a problem with is the money not being spent wisely, and that people who abuse the system are not penalized.

I prefer the system over each person paying their own health care, and then having companies trying to do whatever they can not to pay. Sorry, but the whole concept is "FOR PROFIT" when it is privatized. If they can get out of paying for it, they will, because that is how they make money.
    Last edited by CanadaSteve; 08-09-2008 at 11:52 PM.

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2680764]Here, let me help:

Your system is wonderful, everything is wonderful, gosh wish I had what you had?

Feel better?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is good and it will get better as soon as we get our borders under control. Cutting off benefits to illegal immigrants will save millions!

In 2004 it was the lawyers' fault. McCain will give the millions amnesty. No problem.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2682861]Yes it is good and it will get better as soon as we get our borders under control. Cutting off benefits to illegal immigrants will save millions![/QUOTE]