Thread: Carl Pavano Hypothetical........

All Pro

Carl Pavano Hypothetical........

So since it is such a slow day on the Baseball forum I thought I would throw this hypothetical out there......

So (as we all know) Pavano's contract is done this year but in the past 4 years he has only pitched in the bigs a handful of times

Not sure if he will actually be able to get a real contract anywhere (but I will be the first to admit I don't read the market very well)

so here is my question, let's just say the Pavano comes to you (and you are the one who has the athority to make this call ) and he says he feels really bad about what has happened his time here, he really wants to stay with the Yankees and since we put such faith in him with his first contract and got nothing in return, he would sign for league min. (let's say for 3 years)

do you keep him or kick his azz out of your office?

You can't spell "hypothetical" without "po-thetic".

All Pro
    you refering to the thread, pavano or both?

Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    you refering to the thread, pavano or both?
    Pavano, but now that you mention it....

All Pro
    awesome thanks for the contribution

For league minimum? Probably. What's that like $382k or something like that?

I certainly wouldn't do it for three years though. One year, league minimum and I'd take him aboard. Granted, this is if I already have the knowledge of his health and seen him pitch a few times on the ML level (which he should be on schedule to do in the near future).

Jets Insider VIP
    Dump.

(Pavano)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    For league minimum? Probably. What's that like $382k or something like that?

I certainly wouldn't do it for three years though. One year, league minimum and I'd take him aboard. Granted, this is if I already have the knowledge of his health and seen him pitch a few times on the ML level (which he should be on schedule to do in the near future).
    The minimum salary for the 2008 season is $390,000.
    http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/pa/info/faq.jsp#minimum

The minimum salary for the 2008 season is $390,000.
    http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/pa/info/faq.jsp#minimum
    Close enough.

Banned
    So since it is such a slow day on the Baseball forum I thought I would throw this hypothetical out there......

So (as we all know) Pavano's contract is done this year but in the past 4 years he has only pitched in the bigs a handful of times

Not sure if he will actually be able to get a real contract anywhere (but I will be the first to admit I don't read the market very well)

so here is my question, let's just say the Pavano comes to you (and you are the one who has the athority to make this call ) and he says he feels really bad about what has happened his time here, he really wants to stay with the Yankees and since we put such faith in him with his first contract and got nothing in return, he would sign for league min. (let's say for 3 years)

do you keep him or kick his azz out of your office?
    I would kick his azz out of the office and tell him to sign with the Mets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Close enough.
    yup

I am not sure what I would do?

I guess I would keep him but I am not sure if he is well liked in the clubhouse

me thinks that may be because the team thinks he is not committed to the Yankees and he has made up his injuries

but if he signs for league min. maybe that makes up for some of that

I would probably want to tell him to take a hike but pitching is hard to give up

1. Given that this is the same prick that fired his agent for not getting him a $40M contract and only got him a $39.95M contract, this is quite the hypothetical.

2. I would not. He does not deserve to be given $300,000 more dollars by any organization, let alone this one.

3. Even if he did deserve it, he's not a good pitcher.

The only way I would take him back is if he gave back at least 95% of his current contract since that's how much of it he's spent on the DL.