Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best fit for Chad is Minnesota, worse fit the Pats

Best fit for Chad is Minnesota, worse fit the Pats

I can't believe he would even consider being Tom Brady's caddy, he must have too much pride for that, to actually backup that grinning SOB, please say it ain't so?

DON'T DO IT, CHAD

DO NOT DEMEAN YOURSELF THAT WAY

As for the best fit, IMO its the Vikings and there is not even a close second, its a no brainer

For one thing they play all of their home games in a dome where arm strength does not matter as much

For another thing he should beat out Travaris Jackson for the starting nod

Lastly the Vikings have every thing he needs, the strong defense so a lot of points are not necessary to win games, the Great RB who can make his play-action that much more effective, the excellent O-line to keep him protected, and as I previously mentioned the dome stadium where his arm will not be an issue, or not nearly to the same degree

I honestly believe Chad will have an opportunity to lead Minnesota all the way to the SB as the starting QB

If they're interested as has been rumored, IMO its a no brainer, he should sign with Minnesota in a heartbeat
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-08-2008 at 08:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    can you please list the teams rumored to be interested ?

Veteran
    I've heard Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Vikings, Bears

I may be stating the obvious, but the only reason the Pats want Pennington is the Jets playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Maybe these teams know something the ACM does not...i.e that Chad is not done in this league.

This doesn't mean I think the front office made a bad move; they obviously did the right thing obtaining #4.

Go Jets!

Of those teams he really should only be considering Minnesota and Chicago, those are the only two that fit both of the essential criteria, places where he can start and win

Having said that, I would favor Minnesota over Chicago because they play in the dome, much better enviornment for his skill set, they have the Great RB to maximize his play action skills, and I think they give him a better chance of riding that wave all the way to the SB if things break right, and it won't take a miracle either, Vikings are pretty loaded
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-08-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Everything I read says Vikes aren't interested.. (thank god)

Teams I've heard: Fins, GIants, Chiefs, Panthers, Falcons, BEars

And I think just about any decent QB would be very successful with MN assuming AD holds up. The kid is primed to have the greatest RB season in the history of the league this year. A game manager like Chad would fit perfectly..
    Last edited by CTM; 08-08-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Is there anything Chad has said in the last 8 years to make you think he wants to be a backup?

I don't think there's a chance in hell he goes anywhere where he doesn't think he'll be the starting QB or at least get assurance from the front office that he'll be given every opportunity to earn the job.

IMO he'd MUCH rather go to Miami and start than wave the famous towel for that pompous a$$ Brady.

He's not going to NE... bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Teams I've heard: Fins, GIants, Chiefs, Panthers, Falcons, BEars
    If Trent Dilfer can be traded away from a Ravens team just after a Super Bowl victory, is it conceivable Chad can start for the Giants over Eli?! Chad is very popular in New York.

Veteran
    I have a horrible feeling he'll go to the Dolphins. That would suck because while I like the guy I would want him to suck for two reasons: Chad should not beat us especially if he's on the Dolphins and if CPF being played for us sucks imagine if CPF is run effectively against us.

Everything I read says Vikes aren't interested.. (thank god)

I've heard the same thing. Why the "thank god" comment? Just curious.

I think the absolute worst place he could go is KC. Their o-line is not very good and he'd be (in Joe's words) STRUG-A-LING.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonio_JetFan View Post
    Because it's SOJ luck that Penny would be successful and Favre a disaster. Penny going there would set the wheels in motion, cause I really believe MN to be the ideal spot for him and he would almost certainly overtake TJ at some point. I differ from some of the hardcore ACM in thinking that Chad is still capable of being a successful QB in this league, and as ham said, MN is nirvana for Pennington...

Plus, selfishly, I always imagined being done debating about Chad once he left, if he goes there and is successful Chad threads will rage here all season..

In my opinion CTM and the ACM don't want to see Chad have success elsewhere.

I understand it if it effects the Jets, but the Vikings are an NFC team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    I may be stating the obvious, but the only reason the Pats want Pennington is the Jets playbook.
    I'm sure that Mangini would change up the plays and/or signals. It's not like the two teams are strangers. At at the risk of stating the obvious Favre is a different QB than Chad and will execute plays in different situations. I don't think the Pats would tie up a roster spot just to gain insight on last years offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I think the absolute worst place he could go is KC. Their o-line is not very good and he'd be (in Joe's words) STRUG-A-LING.
    Pretty good skill players though - you could do A LOT worse than a Gonzalez, Bowe and Johnson trifecta. Not to mention that Herm's going to rely on LJ and give him 400+ carries this season. I think Miami would be a worse situation.

Because it's SOJ luck that Penny would be successful and Favre a disaster. Penny going there would set the wheels in motion, cause I really believe MN to be the ideal spot for him and he would almost certainly overtake TJ at some point. I differ from some of the hardcore ACM in thinking that Chad is still capable of being a successful QB in this league, and as ham said, MN is nirvana for Pennington...

Plus, selfishly, I always imagined being done debating about Chad once he left, if he goes there and is successful Chad threads will rage here all season..
    Translation:

I'm afraid me and my clan will be exposed and I don't want to have to try to justify our silly existence.

Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    In my opinion CTM and the ACM don't want to see Chad have success elsewhere.

I understand it if it effects the Jets, but the Vikings are an NFC team.

Well, that's kinda what I was thinking. Getting Favre and getting rid of Chad was their dream come true. Why would anyone want Chad to be a failure on a team we won't even face this season?

If I was a Minnesota Vikings fan and my team didn't go after Chad (reasonably) hard, I would be beyond pissed. It gives the Vikings at worst a veteran game manager who can probably pick up the offense quickly and start when called upon, if not be the outright starter. Yeah it's not like he'll ever be able to throw the sideline out as injuries took that away...but since it's a spot where he's not asked to be a playmaker, his skillset should be good enough.

Leaving that loaded team to Jackson when Chad is out there is a mistake, and I'd lose my mind if I were a Vikings fan.
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 08-08-2008 at 08:36 PM.

The team that needs Chad the most is The Bears.