Thread: This is what you call Greatness

This is what you call Greatness

They didn't call him the hands of stone for nothing

This is what a real knockout artist looks like, with both hands

youtube.com/watch?v=ohS570Pz6nc

That's why Ring Magazine in 2002 voted him one of the five Greatest fighters of the past 80 Years
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-10-2008 at 02:51 AM.

When he knocked someone out, they were OUT. No flash knockouts here.

All League
    You guys are talking about the pre Ray Leonard Duran. The guy was great but I hated him! Thus stated, here is my favorite Duran moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWei_1rSssE

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    You guys are talking about the pre Ray Leonard Duran. The guy was great but I hated him! Thus stated, here is my favorite Duran moment
    It doesn't matter which Roberto Duran showed up that night, he wasn't going to beat Thomas Hearns...That's no knock on Duran, simply put that was Hearns at his best and determined to send a message...He could of knocked out a couple of Heavyweights with that right hand that night...A determined and focused Tommy Hearns is dangerous man in the ring...

Ham,

Manos de Piedra was one of my father's favorite boxers. Ricky Hatton sort of reminded me of him, with his constant movement, attacking style, and just sheer relentlessness, only Duran had more power. Much more power.

My favorite fight of his was the war he had with my personal favorite, Marvin Hagler.

An All Time great. World champion in four different weight classes. He fought any and everybody.

On ESPN's Ringside, which is a must watch, they had an entire show dedicated to Duran. Great conversation with Bert Sugar and Teddy Atlas.

Ugh, I think I that liver punch at the 1 minute mark even hurt me just watching it, that's how brutal it was.

An airline pilot discovered the prickly side of Duran’s nature when he asked him how he thought he would fare against Sugar Ray Leonard. “I’ll kill Leonard,” Duran replied, “and if you don’t stop bugging me, I’ll kill you.”

After battering Ray Lampkin in a lightweight title defence and sending him to hospital, Duran allegedly barked, “Next time I’ll put him in the morgue.” The social graces were never among Roberto’s greatest attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet View Post

Ham,

Manos de Piedra was one of my father's favorite boxers. Ricky Hatton sort of reminded me of him, with his constant movement, attacking style, and just sheer relentlessness, only Duran had more power. Much more power.

My favorite fight of his was the war he had with my personal favorite, Marvin Hagler.

An All Time great. World champion in four different weight classes. He fought any and everybody.

On ESPN's Ringside, which is a must watch, they had an entire show dedicated to Duran. Great conversation with Bert Sugar and Teddy Atlas.
    Ah man, MJ, I wish I saw that show!

SimiJet, that Hearns video .. that's a moment I really try to forget